Firefox Most Vulnerable Browser, Safari Close

Naxx

Permanent Fixture
Sep 4, 2008
MBTI
ESTP
Enneagram
9w0
Cenzic released its report revealing the most prominent types of Web application vulnerabilities for the first half of 2009. The report identified over 3,100 total vulnerabilities, which is a 10 percent increase in Web application vulnerabilities compared to the second half of 2008. Among Web browsers, Mozilla Firefox had the largest percentage of Web vulnerabilities, followed by Apple Safari, whose browser showed a vast increase in exploits, due to vulnerabilities reported in the Safari iPhone browser."

For full article check out

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=8489

cenzic-browsers.jpg

I use Google Chrome! :mwaa:

...Great

How the hell does anything do worse then IE? >_>

...Great

How the hell does anything do worse then IE? >_>

Thats what happens when a browsers gets too popular, companies designs ware against them.

I second that <3 Opera. It would be interesting to see what browsers INFJs use.

pie.png

Firefox 50.47% (blue)
Internet Explorer 29.91% (green)
Safari 8.12% (red)
Chrome 7.41% (yellow)
Opera 3.07% (light blue)
Mozilla 0.91%
Playstation 3 0.04%
SeaMonkey 0.03%
Netscape 0.02%
Camino 0.01%

Haha anyone think to google the company that did this study ?? They are paid by mocrsoft of course their biggest competitors would be the most vulnerable!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: bamf
Heh, as soon as I saw this thread title I considered who would have paid for this test...

I was just being sleepy by not doing it.

http://www.cenzic.com/pr/20060718/

Cenzic Recognized as a Microsoft Certified Partner, Experiences Substantial Momentum in Q2
Santa Clara, CA—07-18-2006—Cenzic, Inc. today announced results from the company's most successful quarter to date, expanding revenue by 400% in Q2 over Q1 and signing several new customers in key verticals. Included in this exponential growth is an increasing adoption of the company's ClickToSecure� Software as a Service (SaaS) offering, which rose at an impressive clip of 100% over Q1, bringing 30% of it's customer base on board via this managed service. This recent momentum underscores Cenzic's value in providing brand protection to enterprises by helping to secure their web applications with application lifecycle security assessment products and services.

Cenzic rounded out the quarter by becoming a Microsoft Certified Partner, recognizing Cenzic's expertise and impact in the technology marketplace. As a Certified Partner, Cenzic has demonstrated expertise with Microsoft technologies and a proven ability to meet customer needs. Microsoft Certified Partners receive a rich set of benefits, including access, training and support that give them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

"Only companies that have demonstrated high levels of customer service, proved their experience and attained advanced certification receive the designation of Microsoft Certified Partner," said Allison Watson, vice president of the Worldwide Partner Sales and Marketing Group at Microsoft Corp. "Today, Microsoft recognizes Cenzic for its skills and expertise in providing customer satisfaction with Microsoft products and technologies."

The Microsoft Partner Program was launched in October 2003 and represents Microsoft's ongoing commitment to the success of partners worldwide. The Microsoft Partner Program offers a single, integrated partnering framework that recognizes partner expertise, rewards the total impact partners have in the technology marketplace, and delivers more value to help partners' businesses be successful.

This quarter was also a notable period for Cenzic in terms of product initiatives, market education and industry recognition. Cenzic recently announced its "No Website Left Behind" initiative, with a "Free Validation" offering as the first step in the program. This initiative offers organizations the ability to test one application which has been tested with another tool or service for free via Cenzic's ClickToSecure. Ultimately, this program is designed to help security teams validate the success of their existing testing methods and plug the holes that are commonly left exposed due to outdated or cost prohibitive testing techniques. Additionally, Cenzic continued it's contributions to market education by offering a series of webcasts™ and live Hackinar addressing best practices in web application testing, and was also named to the SD Times 100 list for it's innovation and thought leadership in the overall security industry.

"Ensuring that all companies have the opportunity to secure their websites is now more important than ever given the recent string of high-profile breaches and incidents of data theft," said John Weinschenk, president and CEO of Cenzic. "Cenzic's work in Q2 is evidence of our ability to deliver critical services to customers in a variety of industry segments, and validates our own success within the rapidly emerging web application security market. Partnering with Microsoft is an important strategic building block and endorsement of our solutions and we embrace the opportunity to work closely with Microsoft for years to come."

Cenzic is the only company in the industry to have both a state-of-the-art software solution, Cenzic

Heh, as soon as I saw this thread title I considered who would have paid for this test...

I was just being sleepy by not doing it.

It's ok I did it for you :-D
Posted via Mobile Device

doesn't that pie chart at the top resemble chrome logo? :D

I enjoy Chrome, true it is not as safe as Opera but it loads a lot quicker.

Plus you gotta help Google rule the world.

I was using Google Chrome but now I have a new laptop and had to switch to Opera because Google Chrome was being ghey and wouldn't install properly. Opera seems pretty cool so far.

I use Flock which works like Firefox

I guess I should switch