Favorite RPG? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Favorite RPG?

I've been thinking about my favorite games ever since there was the discussion on Final Fantasy. RPGs were my first love so I'd like to see what other people have to say.

Here are a few of my personal favorites:

Suikoden II
suiko2art.jpg

Legend of Dragoon
Earthbound
Baldur's Gate II
You are wonderful, and quite possibly the only other person I have ever heard of who has played any Suikoden game..

Yeah, Suikoden I and II are the best RPGs I have ever played.

Last edited:
Now I know i am getting old. I'm going to have to set up a real retro site for you guys. I loved Baldur's Gate 2. That one is a classic, I forgot. Baldur's Gate 1 was ok, IMHO, but 2 really delivered on the content.

I still have my original Fallout box. I enjoyed both 1 and 2. I think I prefered the plot and tone of 1, but enjoyed the extensive content of 2.

oh goodie goodie... :m200:
The essential classics:
- Fallout (I liked the second installment most)
- Baldur's gate (both of them)

You are wonderful, and quite possibly the only other person I have ever heard of who has played any Suikoden game..

Yeah, Suikoden I and II are the best RPGs I have ever played.

It is too bad that Suikoden II is so expensive. I'd love to play that game again.

Suikoden II is like 100 bucks used last time I checked. Which sucks. But I'm going to mod my playstation and burn it.

I really like In Suikoden II, you recruit a chef who makes food that heals your status with ingredients you find in battles. There's also like an IRON CHEF cook off every time you return to your castle after a mission.

Ahh you guys have to try Suikoden.

You're a General's son who turns rebel army leader, you get your own castle and have an entire world to explore to recruit 108 allies. (Some fight with you, some are belly dancers or gypsies who just hang out in the tavern at your castle, and some open up shops in your castle) The towns and characters all represent some culture. The character relationships and personalities are pretty in depth for a game.

The fighting style is basic RPG turn based.

The whole game concept/108 allies thing is loosely based off the classic Chinese story, The Water Margin (which is pretty great)

Last edited:
Ha! We (my husband and I) were in our favorite game shop the other day. Just for fun we always ask if they have 1. Suikoden and II or 2. Earthbound. Of course we already know the answer before we even ask, but you never know...

My favorites in no particular order:
Paper Mario and 2
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Earthbound
FFVI VII IV
Dragon Warrior (I mean Quest) VIII
Kingdom Hearts and 2

Reactions: acd
Only Blade of Darkness. (which isn't RPG, it just has RPG elements)

If anyone could recommend me anything that could match that game, I'd appreciate it. Most RPGs seem too chaotic, and unfocused to me, you could do anything, there's no clear problem solving involved. They are like shopping in an endless mall, and making yourself look fancy with what you buy. Even the most dark gore RPGs to me seem at the level of Sims. Maybe I haven't found good ones. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
I'm playing Final fantasy 13 at the moment. Thought it was boring to start with and I almost abandoned it. It's getting really good now though.

Anyone else think razh may be an INFJ? he's certainly the only one I can relate to. Hero boy is getting on my tits.

Oblivion is definately my favourite. No contest

Anyone else think razh may be an INFJ? he's certainly the only one I can relate to. Hero boy is getting on my tits.

I think Sazh is practically the only character that anyone can relate too. Not sure if it's to do with personality type or more to do with him being the only character who's not completely over the top (and since he keeps a baby chocobo in his afro that's saying something). I'd say he's more ISFJ anyway, he tends to be more focused on what's happening around him.

Knights of the Old Republic
Shining Force
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy
Phantasy Star
Harvest Moon
Front Mission
Terranigma
Secret of Mana
Tales of Phantasia
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda
Pokemon
Star Ocean

Last edited:
I'd have to say:

Star Ocean The Second Story
Deus Ex
Final Fantasy 7 (then 6 then 5 then 8)
Secret of Mana / Seiken Densetsu

Suikoden II was also enjoyable, played it after RPGs went from 'loved' to 'not a bad way to spend time' stage.

Last edited:
Man mow I feel like playing Knights of the Old Republic again and Oblivion. I haven't picked up a controller in ages.

Knights of the Old Republic
Shining Force
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy
Harvest Moon
Terranigma
Secret of Mana
Legend of Zelda
Pokemon
Star Ocean

I plant the corn.
I water the corn.
I harvest the corn.

Must find blue feather!

Terranigma
:m023: Agreed, love that one. Was pretty good at conveying emotion despite the limited text(The soundtrack was great too)

Top 5
Terranigma
Lufia 2
Chrono Cross
Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Honorable mention
Mother 2 & 3 (Earthbound and its sequel)
Super Mario RPG
Bioware's stuff
The other Elder Scroll series games
Final Fantasy IV/VI/IX
Space Station 13

I do plan on trying a Suikoden title if I ever get the chance.

my favorite RPG is the kind that don't explode when they hit your Humvee.

ooooops I thought you meant Rocket Propelled Grenade, sorry.

HAY GUYS

Does Kings Quest count? I want to play that again. It always pissed me off when I fell down staircases and died. I do that in real life, and I'm still alive.

Reactions: under skies
Does Kings Quest count? I want to play that again. It always pissed me off when I fell down staircases and died. I do that in real life, and I'm still alive.

ROFLMAO!!! I'd forgotten about Kings Quest! I had such a hard time in KQ5 because if you used the wrong object for something you basically dead-ended the game and had to start over. :tsk: I don't know if it counts - I think a lot of games are cast into the RPG category because you're playing a role, though some purists only consider a true RPG a game where you get to build the role you play. (At least, I prefer that kind

Reactions: christmas