Favorite Disney Animations | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Favorite Disney Animations

Hahaha. My first trip to the cinema was a double feature with Winnie the Pooh and a Disney movie about pit ponies called "Escape From The Dark" (aka "The Little Horse Thieves"). It's a movie about saving mining horses from slaughter. Some/one of the horses die. Needless to say, I was inconsolable. My poor mother.

On a happier note, "The Fox and the Hound" (still really sad) was at the cinema for weeks and it was only $2 for kids, so we'd save our nickels and dime and go every Sunday.
My folks had to take me and my brother out of a couple of films because they were too scary. I can’t remember their names now but one had a guy tied to the deck of a submarine while it started to dive - I couldn’t watch that. Another was a cartoon with skeletons lurking about in a dark castle - I was afraid to go to the loo in the night for months after that lol.

We used to have children’s matinees at our local cinema on Saturday afternoon and I used to go by myself to those when I was about 9+ - they did batman serials and bugs bunny cartoons and similar. One Saturday I turned up but they wouldn’t let me in because they’d got the Ten Commandments on that weekend and it was a parent accompanied film. I persuaded a friendly adult to get me in and really enjoyed it - apart from that really spooky angel of death. I think it was as much the excitement of getting in to see an adult film as much as the fulm itself lol. That green mist looks tame now but it was really eerie then. Got into trouble back home for being 2 hours later than expected:(.

I doubt anyone let’s 9 year olds go to the cinema unaccompanied any more. I used to be a lot more out on my own than my own kids did. Different times.

My first cinema experience was Toy Story 2.

My favourites that I can think of on the fly after reading yours (in no particular order, and leaving out the MCU [bc it's not animated and it would make a list on itself :grin:]):

Tangled (for the "realism" - I mean, Chuck, and he sings (not that badly) and "Her hair glows!" :fearscream:)
Moana (I cried)
Lady and the Tramp (*sigh* yeah, I always had a thing for cunning gold-hearted bad boys)
Brave (the "I don't need no man" independence without romance, prior to Frozen)
can't tell which would make the 5th, either Aristocats, Monsters Inc., or maybe Ratatouille? something simple or revolutionary??

(FYI, I wish Anastiasia was a Disney movie, but it's one of Dreamworks's* gems, just like Dragons and Kung Fu Panda.)
I used to obsessively want to watch specific movies because I didn't remember them, such as Oliver & Co. and All Dogs Go to Heaven. I didn't really like Aladdin until the third movie (idk why), and I used to hate Lion King for making me cry. Since Hamlet, I gained renewed appreciation for it.

Which Disney character do you think I'm most like? Do include all you know, as you probably have seen more of the movies than I have.
On the inside, I'm probably most like Anna, but no idea how I come across as.

Last edited:
Disney movies I watched alot, because we had them recorded on this one or two VHS and I was allowed to watch them when I was sick as a kid:
- Jungle Book (those songs! the frizzled imperfect perfect animation)
- Robin Hood (the rooster meta storyteller.. siren song from their love scene that has some of the same vibe as the siren song of the girl in Jungle Book)
- Marry Poppins (alot of non-sensical feel of a conservative adult world, because.. you know: )
- Dumbo (don't necessarily recommend watching this one while being on a kid fever delirium, though :p)

It was always kind of normal to me that the awe and fantasy is closely connected to something bizarre and frightening. (I was born in a city that is part of the Brother Grimms trail and I was raised with the original stories that @Asa mentioned before. Magic and danger being part of the same thing, not just rainbows and butterflies.)

But anyhow, top likeables (Disney + some Pixar) in no particular order:
- Aladdin (flying Carpet & Genie is just great, meta! :p)
- Lion King (probably the most traditional drama and many of the good songs next to Jungle Book)
- Beauty and the Beast (Lumière and the other servants, I like to journey in books or in to great places and explore forests and half-ruined castles full of mystery :) )
- Lilo and Stitch ("Ohana!", blue phase, Lilo's liking for the weird and unconventional, her honest wisdom/clearsight and Stitch's raw feelings)
tumblr_m93dmyyJ4D1rndzqb.gif

- Tangled (that horse!, being shut in and exploring the open in contrast and how it reciprocrates always with the within, pretty much like Moana ..)
- Vaiana/Moana (.. being torn between inside and outside as part of the personal journey, nature/mysticism and alot of water~~~)
- Treasure Planet (underrated classic, dynamic between Jim and Silver, let a boy be the protagonist in a world full of little Disney princesses in cute little dresses, because I never really craved this princess business ^^" )
tumblr_n8ok7t5Kox1qh8zmro1_500.gif

- Brave/Merida (Mystic, folk tales and nature, though I would say the storytelling is not necessarily one of the strongest)
- Inside Out (as pointed out before: psychology, understanding emotions)
- Wreck it Ralph (the whole anonymous circle of villains, his affirmation scene, glitching)
- Coco (Mexican culture and vibe - it is really like South Mexico! <3, connection of life and death, family/generations)
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fdanidiplacido%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F11%2Fdisney-pixars-coco-ht-mem-171117_4x3_992.jpg

- Up! (I like old characters! basically how you don't need 90mins of overselling to tell the essence of a life)
- but also ..Mulan.. Hercules.. Walle.. Atlantis.. Fantasia.. Kiss the Frog (for bringing back the songs and drawn animation once more before all went 3D which is also great but had some creepy looking steps like Toy Story)
- Basically I like Peter Pan (the original or adaptions like Finding Neverland) but not necessarily the Disney Version that much
- Many short movies they did as experiments and for their love of animation itself that deal with the sideline experiences in life in such a sweet way :)
images

Overall as a must: character development, great additional characters that round up the story idea/argument, overall story progression, messages, songs and atmospheres/vibes..

Sometimes knowing the original before is tricky, for example with Arielle.. I knew she would eventually dissolve into foam when she got in contact with the sea instead of living happily ever after.

Creepiest/Dislike: Mickey Mouse and Co. Don't know why.. suppose maybe (?) because of all the old racism/gender stuff.

I hope @BritNi this is giving you some answers to your question you had a while back :) (So, even if Frozen didn't necessarily made it to this list, I think your first pick with Elsa, even with her anger issues, might have been quite right.)

Now I'm off singing songs.

Last edited:
It's an Electro Swing kind of day. ❤️

Reactions: Wyote and John K