BritNi

Perceptive Optimist
Mar 10, 2019
USA
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
What would you say your top five animated Disney films are?

Maybe five is too limiting.

Just list them all. =)

Favorite Disney Songs are welcome too.

And... If you don't mind: why?

❤️❤️❤️

I'm truly curious.

Last edited:
1. Anastasia
Just a spectacular movie, and one that defines my childhood. In my opinion, no Disney movie is as enchanting as this one.

2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
This movie is captivating all the way through, and excellently subverts expectations time and time again. An unforgettable classic.

3. Beauty and the Beast
Another classic, and legendary film. It goes without saying that this would be on my list.

4. Atlantis
I don't know how to explain it, but there's just something special about this movie. Maybe it's the character development?

5. Peter Pan
Magical in more ways than one.

I don't know if I can give them all in order, but here goes:

Aladdin

I love a classic rags to riches story and the moral behind the whole story: be yourself. Also: I loved Robin Williams, but most of all, the soundtrack is probably my favourite. I love every single song... and the sequel to the movie wasn't too shabby either. I remember watching the TV series too.

Little Mermaid
live-action-little-mermaid-disney.jpg

What little girl didn't want to be a mermaid? I was absolutely obsessed with Ariel's voice and Prince Eric was such a dreamboat, wasn't he? The music was not too shabby either.

Beauty and the Beast
BeautyBeastCharacters.jpg

I didn't really like this one as a kid, but it's grown on me as an adult. It's rather sweet and homely and the power of love! Also... Beast's castle is kind of my aesthetic, ngl.

Lion King
lionking-1112017.jpg

It's colorful, it's royal and its got a great soundtrack and that Mufasa scene still makes me tear up as a grown ass woman. Also... Jeremy Irons puts on such a marvelous performance as Scar. (Oh! Oh! And just like Aladdin, I actually enjoyed the sequel!)

Hercules
article_full%401x.png

This isn't a movie that has all the hallmarks of a classic, but I love it solely because its so underappreciated and because Disney was on some serious crack when they came up with this one.

Notable mentions:
Tarzan
Mulan
Hunchback of Notre Dame

Last edited:
1. Anastasia
Just a spectacular movie, and one that defines my childhood. In my opinion, no Disney movie is as enchanting as this one.

2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
This movie is captivating all the way through, and excellently subverts expectations time and time again. An unforgettable classic.

3. Beauty and the Beast
Another classic, and legendary film. It goes without saying that this would be on my list.

4. Atlantis
I don't know how to explain it, but there's just something special about this movie. Maybe it's the character development?

5. Peter Pan
Magical in more ways than one.

I think there is a lot to be said about a person by their choices in these things. (not bad, of course). But favorites are usually a speculative indicator of a person's character (not speaking negatives).

I really identify with Wendy in Peter Pan for many reasons. I think I know who you identify with, but I'll keep that one to myself. =)

Anastasia defines your childhood? I haven't seen that movie in so long. Maybe only once. I can't say it's one of my favorites.

By your choices alone, it's apparent to me that you see the beauty in one's heart. Your empathy is strong. The beauty of a soul is greater than physical appearances, to you and I really like that. ❤️

I think there is a lot to be said about a person by their choices in these things. (not bad, of course). But favorites are usually a speculative indicator of a person's character (not speaking negatives).

I really identify with Wendy in Peter Pan for many reasons. I think I know who you identify with, but I'll keep that one to myself. =)

Anastasia defines your childhood? I haven't seen that movie in so long. Maybe only once. I can't say it's one of my favorites.

By your choices alone, it's apparent to me that you see the beauty in one's heart. Your empathy is strong. The beauty of a soul is greater than physical appearances, to you and I really like that. ❤️
I'd really like to know how you gathered all that so quickly.

You sure you don't want to dm me who you think I identify with? Lol

I can't place a specific order on many things I like but here are some of my faves:

bighero6_team.jpg

Because if you don't like this movie then you're probably evil. It made me cry, and Baymax has the greatest heart. Self sacrifice is love, seriously.

Big Hero Six is one of the most underated movies, I think.

And that fist bump: bludahduhdahduh.

latest

Because I really relate to her. Eugene is hot. The character personalities are outstanding, even Pascal's. She has the best sidekick and of course: the light.

The symbolism I. This movie is something I really admire.

7990c9b7-deea-4bc6-83f3-a1eee7a51d99

I love the way they put this one together. All of the retro video games combined with current.

I would be Ralph's friend. And Vanallope is adorable.

Inside_Out_%282015_film%29_poster.jpg

Psychology.
Different shades which we all have.

268x0w.png

Water, nature, perseverance, and spirituality.

Ok, my reasoning for these being my faves is limited. I can't explain all the reasons, and I'm being lazy with my words. Lol.

Maybe another time.

Others:
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Pochahontas
The Incredibles
Meet the Robinsons

I'd really like to know how you gathered all that so quickly.
It's not hard.
I gather much more as well.

You sure you don't want to dm me who you think I identify with? Lol
For now, I'll leave you in suspense as you wonder. :p

I'm sure it's who you think it is.

This isn't a movie that has all the hallmarks of a classic, but I love it solely because its so underappreciated and because Disney was on some serious crack when they came up with this one.
Haha!
This is so true! I was so upset over it being so underrated, let alone Disney fucking up on something that should have been epic.

I love them all!
Top 3 in no order:
Aladdin
Tangled
Moana

These two songs are always playing in my head tho

This girl's ambivalence is representative of a lifetime struggle of mine.

I'm barely escaping it as I focus on my own wants and desires.

"Look at the world so close and I'm halfway to it.
Look at it all so big, do I even dare?
Look at me, there at last, I just have to do it.

Should I?
No.
Here I go!

Just smell the grass, the dirt, just like I dreamed they'd be!
Just feel that summer breeze, the way it's calling me!
For, like, the first time ever, I'm completely free!

I could go running, and racing, and dancing, and chasing, and leaping, and bounding, hair flying, heart pounding, and splashing, and reeling, and finally feeling:

That's when my life begins!!!"

I love them all!
Top 3 in no order:

These two songs are always playing in my head tho

I totally forget that Marvel is owned by Disney.

Easy songs to get stuck in your head.

This one has constantly been in mine my whole life.

Last edited:
Why do people give me strange looks when I'm whistling and singing, "degadeegadeegadodo " at the cashier line?

Do they do that to you too?

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Well actually I don't whistle well enough to be all that intelligible if it's a song. Which is probably for the best lol.

Ok, @Wyote I have to say:
I understand why Zip-a-dee-doo-dah would get stuck in your head and stay there constantly.

But now, I have to reconsider:
No strings is a strange one to have stuck in your head often.

Kinda freaky.
I'm concerned for your well being. Lol.

No, I'm just kinda scared. Lol.

You ok? :p

I'm totally joking, btw.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Well actually I don't whistle well enough to be all that intelligible if it's a song. Which is probably for the best lol.
What about an alien voice?
I cup my hands over my mouth and sing it so it sounds like an alien is singing it.

But the alien sounds like it's saying, "die die die die die die die die" just in the tones of the whistles. Lmao.

No, I'm just kinda scared. Lol.

You ok? :p
What about an alien voice?
I cup my hands over my mouth and sing it so it sounds like an alien is singing it.

But the alien sounds like it's saying, "die die die die die die die die" just in the tones of the whistles. Lmao.