Favorite Disney Animations | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Favorite Disney Animations

I don't know who owns who anymore, isn't much of Disney Pixar and vice versa?

Anyhoo, top 5, no particular order,
Thumper
giphy.gif

Tigger
giphy.gif

Stitch
giphy.gif

Tinkerbell
giphy.gif

Ursula
giphy.gif

What personality are they?

Unpopular Opinion - I didn't like the live action films. The only one I thought was passable was Beauty and the Beast. The others... meh. The songs don't sound right, the animation borders uncanny valley and I'm a bah humbug purist.

I don't know if I have favorites. I didn't get to see most of them as a kid.
They are both dated, but both Alice In Wonderland and Fantasia have some of the most amazing animated scenes in any movie.

I will have to later. I am in the middle of a live action Disney movie with two princesses, a lady and a tramp. It's a jungle book of neverlands.
I so get this.

It's a puzzle, but I put it together just fine.

Lol.
Enjoy.

Can't wait to hear whatcha got.

Unforturnately I grew up in the 1960's at a time when if you didn't see a Disney movie in the theaters then you just didn't see it as a kid. The best movies almost never came on TV and there was no VHS. So the only good animated Disney movie I saw growing up was the 1960's version of The Jungle Book when I was 5. I still remember seeing that movie with my parents and brother and sister. Some how we also had the soundtrack on a 12 inch vinyl record. I must have listen to that record a million times. I think I must have drove everyone else in the house crazy doing that. :tearsofjoy:

My favorite song from the movie is this:

Thanks @BritNi this song is going to be stuck in my head for days. LOL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

@sassafras I don't like the live action remakes of the old animated movies either. Maybe your opinion isn't as unpopular as you think.

I watched a lot of Disney movies and it is pretty impossible to pick favorites. My mom collected the VHS tapes any chance she had. We had just about every Disney animated movie.
Bambi

This was one of my favorites as a boy. I watched it all of the time. I loved the different animal characters, like Flower and Thumper. I loved how they all became Twitterpated. I thought Faline was cute,lol.
tumblr_ltd2acvSL31qm6oc3o1_500.gif

It was a wonderful coming of age story, from fawn to prince of the forest. I was very sad when Bambi's mother was killed by the hunter. Also, when the hunter's negligence led to the destructive forest fire, I was very upset. I don't know if it was because of bambi(prob was) but I would never take up hunting with my dad. I could not shoot a deer. "A sweet, innocent, harmless, leaf-eating, doe-eyed little deer"

Sword in the Stone

This had everything an imaginative boy could want: Castles, swords, wizards, magic. I loved when Arthur morphed into different animals, giving a different perspective of what it would be like as those animals. Also the wizard battle, got to love the dual!

And the removal of the sword from the stone......just awesome

th

The magic of this movie made it all the more easier to fall in love with the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past when I was 10.
pulling_the_master_sword_by_usurperbobo-d5frdhg1.jpg

Robin Hood

This was another favorite. Another medieval tale with interesting characters and adventure. When robbing the rich to give to the poor was the right thing to do. It was funny, fast-paced, and just a pleasure to watch. Now who didn't crush on cute Maid Marian: What a Fox!

latest

Cinderella

We watched this movie a lot as kids. I think I loved the mice more than anything. It was so cool to see how the world looked scaled to mice. It really got your imagination going. Loved Jaq and Gus Gus

tumblr_n13jiglG7D1st0dt8o4_250.gif
tenor.gif

The wicked stepmother and stepsister were so easy to hate. How I hated them bitches.

Peter Pan

This was another one we watched a lot. I mean c'mon, flying to the stars, pirates, Never land; it all stoked a sense of adventure and imagination. Wendy was a darling <3

Jungle Book. Loved it!

The Fox and the Hound, a cute movie

The Rescuers Down Under: so much fun!

101 Dalmations

The Little Mermaid: Life under the ocean? Looked pretty fascinating. I also used to have the biggest crush on Ariel, lol

Aladdin:

Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King, amazing

I'm fading here with describing the why. I just loved the above. They were a big part of my youth and had so many influences. There were so many great things about Disney movies, adventure, romance, imagination.

Then there are the movies I have enjoyed watching with my kids, like over and over and over and over again. These are really good:

Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Frozen
Wreck-It-Ralph
Big Hero 6
Moana

I just can't help but think how these movies have influence their lives.

God, all the Tangled and Frozen toys, games, puzzles, etc. Those were good memories Don't want to Let It Go.

I have to be honest, I had a lot of Disney crushes, lol. Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Wendy, Maid Marian, Faline.

Last edited:
@John K I had you pegged as a Snow White fan.

Dumbo and Pinnochio always gave me anxiety as a child.

I get that.

Pinnochio especially. I went to the movies and saw it when I was maybe 4 when it was rereleased in theaters. The donkey scene on Pleasure Island and that Stromboli terrified me. I remember the Monstro scene on the big screen. It left an impression.

Dumbo had some sad scenes that I remember being upset about. Mostly the humiliation.

Unforturnately I grew up in the 1960's at a time when if you didn't see a Disney movie in the theaters then you just didn't see it as a kid. The best movies almost never came on TV and there was no VHS. So the only good animated Disney movie I saw growing up was the 1960's version of The Jungle Book when I was 5. I still remember seeing that movie with my parents and brother and sister. Some how we also had the soundtrack on a 12 inch vinyl record. I must have listen to that record a million times. I think I must have drove everyone else in the house crazy doing that. :tearsofjoy:

My favorite song from the movie is this:

Thanks @BritNi this song is going to be stuck in my head for days. LOL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

@sassafras I don't like the live action remakes of the old animated movies either. Maybe your opinion isn't as unpopular as you think.

Hey now, hey now. Everybody can't be blaming me for songs in their heads. ❤️❤️❤️