Favorite Disney Animations | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Favorite Disney Animations

Go for it!
But maybe say why?
Eh, I don't know... just pulled up the list of Disney/Pixar animations and there are a ton both ways on there. Most notably the recent trend is to make sequels that just don't live up to expectations.

I can agree with every film posted so far.
My most favorite one though, is Lilo and Stitch. It has some scenes that don't work, but the messages in it are wonderful and the music is incredible (this from someone who is decidedly NOT an Elvis fan.)

NOT an Elvis fan.

I respect your opinion but:
giphy.gif

Everybody is an Elvis fan, silly.
Are you not a body?

Lol. I'm jk.

Lilo and Stitch was gonna be on my list too. But it was more for sentimental reasons.

What's your favorite scene in Peter Pan, btw, @Icedream

Or whoever else...

Mine is the Mermaid Lagoon,
"We were only trying to drown her."
Women. Lol. Gotta respect that honesty though.

I'll rewatch it and get back to you

As a kid, Disney animations always felt 'special' and my eyes would light up whenever I would see a big stack of the VHS copies in someone's house, though I was always too shy and polite to ask to watch one. We were very poor, and I remember feeling embarrassed at school for only having seen a couple of them.

Watching 'The Lion King' as an adult was a funny thing because I dearly wished to see it when I was a kid - it felt like 'my favourite movie' that I'd never seen - it felt like a weird spiritual achievement. We had the VHS of Aladdin and The Jungle Book, and The Lion King was trailed on one of those so I saw a lot of snippets of scenes - watching the real thing as an adult, therefore, was like stepping into a childhood dream. I felt 'undeserving' of the experience (because I wasn't 'allowed' it as a child), and unworthy that my adult eyes could see the technicality of its production, rather than the pure magic a child might experience.

So yeah, my choices are constrained by what I actually saw and my list is built almost entirely from the bones of the sentimental and nostalgic.

1. The Jungle Book
We had this on VHS from when I was very little because it held sentimental value for my mum. She'd seen the original release in cinemas with her aunties (she had 5 aunts and 2 uncles) and had a great time. I think it was re-released when I was little and they all went back and had another lovely time recreating the experience. It was a film she wanted me to see, and I did, a lot. Watching it together when I was very very small, she would dance with me to the songs and sing to me. It feels very 'elemental' and 'pure' for those reasons, emblematic of a mother's love. The songs are great - maybe the best.
Baloo puts a massive grin on my face even now :laughing::smiley::laughing:

2. The Lion King
Only saw this as an adult on TV, as I explained above. It was as good as I thought it would be, and a great symbolic piece.

3. Aladdin

This was probably my most watched movie as a kid, since my mum got it for me on VHS one Christmas and I played the fuck out of it. I remember most of all Aladdin's bravery, but looking at clips now it's actually very pretty (the colour palette is very well chosen). He was poor, like me, coming up against a world of wealth which didn't give a fuck about him, so I just used to really cheer him on and root for him. Go Aladdin!

4. The Sword in the Stone

This is a funny one because it used to come on the TV occasionally and I'd catch it half way through thinking 'what is this!?'. It looked so magical and mysterious and encapsulated the sense of boy's destiny that we all had - a mentor telling you you had potential to grow up and be brave and good. However, mostly I remember the tidy-up scene :p
I wish I'd have seen it in full, and now I look back I have a sense that maybe that's the kind of thing a father would have done - record some movies off the TV for his kids. The 'man's/father's touch' in a household is rarely talked about and always ridiculed, but there's something to it and it's missed when it isn't there.

5. Wreck-It-Ralph
Just a great movie with a good message.

Bonus: Tangled - I watched this one Christmas through gritted teeth and wide-eyes while I was deep into an existential crisis; trying everything to stave it off and distract myself from the yawning void. It didn't work and now this movie creeps the fuck out of me :tearsofjoy: Watching the utter meaninglessness of existence in a story about that girl's hair was a pretty wild experience I gotta tell you.

P.S. I am absolutely laughing my ass off at Baloo in that video there (the 02:46 entrance) :laughing::laughing::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Thanks for the thread @BritNi!! Love it!! <3 <3 <3

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you say your top five animated Disney films are?

Maybe five is too limiting.

Just list them all. =)

Favorite Disney Songs are welcome too.

And... If you don't mind: why?

❤️❤️❤️

I'm truly curious.

The Jungle Book l
Lke @Deleted member 16771 - great songs, and Baloo :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:. Love the King of the Swingers too but this is another of my favourites

Fantasia :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
The concept, and most of the cartoon renderings of the music are inspired. It's hard to pick any in particular but

Micky's Christmas Carol.
It's just so funny, yet still keeps the pathos of the story. This is the full cartoon
(it looks like all the You Tube copies have been degraded deliberately though).

One of my favourite bits is at about 5:30

Alice in Wonderland
Rabbit holes, Mad Hatter, that Cat :smilecat:, the Red Queen, Mad Hatter, that Cat - need I say any more?

Dumbo
The pink elephant scene all by itself is enough of an excuse to choose this one

I think my choice has a lot to do with remembering the magic of the ones that I saw as a child. Most people in the UK didn't have a tv then, and they were only in black and white anyway so of course the ones I saw were filled with the going-to-the-cinema ritual and the mystery of a special event. That stayed with me so the more recent animations seem like an anticlimax - they aren't, but they weren't around when I was a kid so they don't give me the same magic.,

There/s the original Snow White of course - an obligatory choice I think, even though there's no Hobbits lol

9c735dad4d87d34be5061af532d0f95d.jpg

The Jungle Book l
Lke @Deleted member 16771 - great songs, and Baloo :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:. Love the King of the Swingers too but this is another of my favourites

Fantasia :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
The concept, and most of the cartoon renderings of the music are inspired. It's hard to pick any in particular but

Micky's Christmas Carol.
It's just so funny, yet still keeps the pathos of the story. This is the full cartoon
(it looks like all the You Tube copies have been degraded deliberately though).

One of my favourite bits is at about 5:30

Alice in Wonderland
Rabbit holes, Mad Hatter, that Cat :smilecat:, the Red Queen, Mad Hatter, that Cat - need I say any more?

Dumbo
The pink elephant scene all by itself is enough of an excuse to choose this one

I think my choice has a lot to do with remembering the magic of the ones that I saw as a child. Most people in the UK didn't have a tv then, and they were only in black and white anyway so of course the ones I saw were filled with the going-to-the-cinema ritual and the mystery of a special event. That stayed with me so the more recent animations seem like an anticlimax - they aren't, but they weren't around when I was a kid so they don't give me the same magic.,

There/s the original Snow White of course - an obligatory choice I think, even though there's no Hobbits lol

9c735dad4d87d34be5061af532d0f95d.jpg
Great choices, John!

It's all nostalgia - this morning I almost remembered what it was like to see things through a child's eyes. It was a very odd perspective shift that really threw me.

Great choices, John!

It's all nostalgia - this morning I almost remembered what it was like to see things through a child's eyes. It was a very odd perspective shift that really threw me.
It’s weird when that happens. I read the Hobbit when I was 8 then loads of times after and it always takes me back. I think if I hadn’t read it as a child I wouldn’t be able to slip inside the story like I still do. The films don’t do that at all for me.
I love the Sword in the Stone too - great pick of yours that. Madame Mim’s song :smilingimp::sunglasses:

The Pink Elephants on Parade song was so mesmerizing as a kid. I actually think that's the only thing I remember about Dumbo.

@BritNi reminded me of Robin Hood and @Deleted member 16771 reminded me of Sword in the Stone. Those two are such underappreciated classics. I kind of want to watch both of them right now. I remember loving the clean up scene and the squirrel scene from Sword so much!

Anyone remember the Rescuers Down Under? That movie made me obsessed with Australia. This is the scene I have such a vivid memory of:

I remember panicking as a kid and watching this from the doorway into the living room where the TV was. lol

Last edited:
The Pink Elephants on Parade song was so mesmerizing as a kid. I actually think that's the only thing I remember about Dumbo.

@BritNi reminded me of Robin Hood and @Deleted member 16771 reminded me of Sword in the Stone. Those two are such underappreciated classics. I kind of want to watch both of them right now. I remember loving the clean up scene and the squirrel scene from Sword so much!

Anyone remember the Rescuers Down Under? That movie made me obsessed with Australia (along with a little known movie, Dot and the Kangaroo). This is the scene I have such a vivid memory of:

I remember panicking as a kid and watching this from the doorway into the living room where the TV was. lol
There's loads I didn't even know existed - I've never heard of this one but the clip looks great.

List of 50 Disney animated films:

1.) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
2.) Pinocchio (1940)
3.) Fantasia (1940)
4.) Dumbo (1941)
5.) Bambi (1942)
6.) Saludos Amigos (1942)
7.) The Three Caballeros (1944)
8.) Make Mine Music (1946)
9.) Fun and Fancy Free (1947)
10.) Melody Time (1948)
11.) The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949)
12.) Cinderella (1950)
13.) Alice in Wonderland (1951)
14.) Peter Pan (1953)
15.) Lady and the Tramp (1955)
16.) Sleeping Beauty (1959)
17.) One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
18.) The Sword in the Stone (1963)
19.) The Jungle Book (1967)
20.) The Aristocats (1970)
21.) Robin Hood (1973)
22.) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
23.) The Rescuers (1977)
24.) The Fox and the Hound (1981)
25.) The Black Cauldron (1985)
26.) The Great Mouse Detective (1986)
27.) Oliver & Company (1988)
28.) The Little Mermaid (1989)
29.) The Rescuers Down Under (1990)
30.) Beauty and the Beast (1991)
31.) Aladdin (1992)
32.) The Lion King (1994)
33.) Pocahontas (1995)
34.) The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
35.) Hercules (1997)
36.) Mulan (1998)
37.) Tarzan (1999)
38.) Fantasia 2000 (1999)
39.) Dinosaur (2000)
40.) The Emperor’s New Groove (2000)
41.) Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
42.) Lilo & Stitch (2002)
43.) Treasure Planet (2002)
44.) Brother Bear (2003)
45.) Home on the Range (2004)
46.) Chicken Little (2005)
47.) Meet the Robinsons (2007)
48.) Bolt (2008)
49.) The Princess and the Frog (2009)
50.) Tangled (2010)

Anyone remember All Dogs Go to Heaven?
Uuuuh yeah. That's like one of my all time faves. ♡

I think it's something other than Disney though. But still an amazing movie. When all the puppies want the pizza. Aaahhhh. So cute.

Also, Anne Marie was murdered as a child. Itsbtragoc and upsets me so much. =(

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi

Last edited: