Fasting | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Fasting

Many of the people I know who fast (including myself back when I was doing it regularly) do so primarily for spiritual reasons, and it doesn't need to be a total fast at all. Some people fast from particular things that are less relevant...junk food, snacks, colas, or meat....maybe for one day of the week, sometitmes two. It should be done in such a way that it in no way does the body any harm. It is meant to add, not subtract from our lives. If one was to fast, they might take a walk and reflect, or take time to read...something like that. I know people who might even fast from the internet or texting, if that is what is consuming their lives a bit too much. Sometimes one has to notch things back a bit to gain some perspective on what we as persons really need to retain our balance. In the context of spirituality, fasting is not an end in itself, it is simply a way to redirect our attention for a season. If one finds nothing to redirect oneself towards, it doesn't make a ton of sense, since it is less a process of denial and more a prosess of gaining, of openness.