Extremely expressive facial expressions and body language | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Extremely expressive facial expressions and body language

You know, I'm wondering if u really have typed her correctly...

If she was an INFJ, she probably would have felt some degree of pain and frustration of you and others laughing at her, and may have remained neutral to hide her hurt pride. I could be wrong tho, but I am just speaking for myself anyways, lol...

Anyways, I'm just implying that as INFJ's are particularly sensitive, and they donj't want to burden others with their feelings, if she is INFJ, maybe just play it down with her because I'm sure if u knew it hurt her at all, you'd stop :)

(and don't think she'll tell u if you hurt her if you ask her, she'll likely not share this) ;)

Hmm... Something for me to keep in mind. Thx!

The other possibility is that, as she was not aware of her expressions, maybe you guys aren't either! lol

Well, that would be a possibility, if I only I didn't have people saying: "_____, you're impossible to read!"

People always tell me that I'm difficult to read (I have a bad habit of smiling all the time) and that they can't tell if they've upset me or not.
I only seem to be openly emotional by myself and occasionally around my family. I've only cried about twice around my friends (I've known them for six years) and can only remember once (when I stepped on a football and fell on my back XD).
Watching films, I do become more expressive as I get completely emersed, but I wouldn't know if it really showed on my face 'cause people usually watch the film and not me (I only know I become more expressive because I get startled easily).

Overall, I'd say that it would be unusual for an INFJ to be really obviously expressive, but it might happen.

I blush and stammer when, if not careful, I lie to a loved one or when I am flirting, I have to take a very deep breath when lying about flirting.

Last edited:
Another thing I have noticed about INFJs.

Example:
The other day we were watching a movie, and we got to a scene where the characters were riding a scary rollercoaster. The INFJ in the room had her hand to her chest and an expression of terror on her face. I took a picture and poked fun at her.

This is just one example. It is really hilarious, because this particular INFJ is very easy to read. If annoyed, her face is annoyed, if bored, looks around.

Its very cute!

Are any of you guys like that?
I am like that.
My feelings show on my face... and in my body language.

I am more expressive around people I am comfortable with. When I am happy/excited, I am very expressive. When I'm doing something like watching a movie or concentrating, I tend to lose track of my body language and am more likely to be expressive without realizing it.

If she's comfortable around you guys, it's very possible she'll be more expressive than otherwise if she's an INFJ. And if she's comfortable with herself, especially, she'll be able to express more freely and laugh with you guys in that situation.

Yeah, you could have typed her wrong, but at the same time I would not be surprised if she was just a comfortable INFJ. It's elusive, but it does happen ;)

I wear my heart on my sleeve, unless my emotions feel threatened. Then I become very neutral.

I am more expressive around people I am comfortable with. When I am happy/excited, I am very expressive. When I'm doing something like watching a movie or concentrating, I tend to lose track of my body language and am more likely to be expressive without realizing it.

If she's comfortable around you guys, it's very possible she'll be more expressive than otherwise if she's an INFJ. And if she's comfortable with herself, especially, she'll be able to express more freely and laugh with you guys in that situation.

Yeah, you could have typed her wrong, but at the same time I would not be surprised if she was just a comfortable INFJ. It's elusive, but it does happen ;)

Yea, I think she's pretty comfortable. At least around us!

actually you know that comment about INFJs being comfortable with themselves is something we should keep in mind.

i've sometimes wondered if i was an extrovert but i noticed that it always depends on how i feel about MYSELF.