Evolution vs. Creationism | Page 28 | INFJ Forum

Evolution vs. Creationism

Don't stick your head in the microwave, you'll get cancer.

:laugh:
Somehow in the strange recesses of my mind I thought it was relevant -- but really, I just thought it was funny in a strangely ironic sort of way.

I really don't understand what I was getting at now, though.

:loco: Happens to me too.

As an INFJ, you should be able to sympathize with someone's desire to stay on the good side of their God.

WHATT!!!!! I disagree.

Acts 20 : 22-24
"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. "

You can sympathize all you want, but because you don't have a firmness in beliefs how can you possibly give or teach him the firmness that he/she truly needs? People are sensitive and sometimes the world is brutal, but teaching them to be firm and to teach or do actions that show compassion with both a strong firm foundation but also with empathy and compastion would do much more good than just "sympathizing (which is bat but may not be enough)".

Now if you do sympathize mabye their is a chance he will find his own firmness in the world as long as he can go back for healing. I just know that I have had firm and empathetic people to fall back on and to learn from.

Last edited:
"Dead animals" vs "Mamma said so!".

Mommy wins, ofc. :m129:

In reality, people need comfort from other people. If they learn how to be more warm and loving, they won't need to explain this through deity. And then the whole creationism stuff goes.

In addition, there are people who just can't imagine evolution could work, they also assume aliens etc. I've seen so many chaotic events around me, leading to major changes, that I'm sure all these "strange" paths of evolution are possible.

Just like many of the discoveries. Fire, wheel, plough, and even electricity - they weren't given to us by the Titans. In most cases they were also not found by wise, inventive or creative minds - they were found largely by accident. The "wise" men were those who took the credit, and created the popular image of "wise" men and "inventors". There is no professional creator (and there should be no professional scientist), cause everybody is.

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise" Cato the Elder -he surely means that.

There are also "proofs" by probability that DNA couldn't practically develop the way it did, i.e. the probability is negligible. Well, that only means that there were so many other ways things could have gone, instead of following what we now call DNA. Who's to be sure if things went in a different way that they wouldn't lead to even faster and "better" evolution, and to "better" creatures than humans. We can't reason that far. Our intuition is too biased by the reality that already happened.

Reactions: the