Everything you wanted to know about INTJs but were afraid to ask! | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Everything you wanted to know about INTJs but were afraid to ask!

Suggestions for getting close to an INTJ? How might you get one to open up to you? (Or conversely, is my latter inquiry likely to be a fruitless endeavor?)

Generally Female INTJs seem to prefer NTP males.

Generally Male INTJs seem to prefer NFP females.

So they say.

Personally I am mostly attracted to and attract NFP females.

I've seen this too ...I don't seek out NTP men, but I seem to end up with them/or like them.

I've actually never met an INFJ so I have no opinon ):

Suggestions for getting close to an INTJ? How might you get one to open up to you? (Or conversely, is my latter inquiry likely to be a fruitless endeavor?)

Answer: You don't, you just consistently do your own thing instead of going 'involvement, involvement, involvement'.

Someone who attempts to grab and pull the maw open will end up with tooth marks on their hands.

Reactions: chriscorey
Is it typically difficult for INTJs to be religious? If so, why?

INTJs in this thread, here are some questions:

1. Do you have a goal or a dream? What's your philosophy?
2. What do you think of your NT brothers (ENTP, ENTJ, INTP)?
3. Is there any type you're likely to rivalize with? What about one you find the need to be delicate with?
4. Is it true that INTJs have the greater good in mind when making decisions?
5. Are you a stereotypical INTJ?

1. To be worry free and independent, same as most people.
1. That's two questions and the philosophy is one of complete independence of thought and ideas.
2. ENTP - Socialite, opportunist narcissists
ENTJ - Intolerant busy-bodies
INTP - Stunted individuals
3. Not really, ISTJs make the best rivals because you can engage in friendly competition which involves knowledge sharing instead of 'i'm right, you're not' type NTP debates.
4. Not the type that others look for because our greater good involves independence not co-dependence
5. Not that much, but enough for it to be noticeable and many people either think i'm INTP, ISTJ or INFP.

Is it typically difficult for INTJs to be religious? If so, why?

A sensible INTJ will believe what they see the evidence for, if they see the evidence for religious belief then no, if they do not then they will be skeptical.

How do INTJs tend to see other INTJs?

How do INTJs tend to see other INTJs?

Ghost ships passing in the night.

If one INTJ is inaccessible then two is positively a conundrum and three is a mystery.

Reactions: chriscorey
INTJs in this thread, here are some questions:

1. Do you have a goal or a dream? What's your philosophy?
2. What do you think of your NT brothers (ENTP, ENTJ, INTP)?
3. Is there any type you're likely to rivalize with? What about one you find the need to be delicate with?
4. Is it true that INTJs have the greater good in mind when making decisions?
5. Are you a stereotypical INTJ?

Weighing in here for some diversity of experience:

1. Agree with [MENTION=3473]InvisibleJim[/MENTION] - independence and worry free are definitely big parts of my goal. I also want power and, as I get older, love to factor in as well.

2. I love these three. ENTJs and INTPs because they're adorable and I feel like they're easy to communicate with - we have the same priorities. I don't think I know any ENTPs.

3. I have a difficult time getting along with the ESTJs I've met because they tend to be controlling. I don't do controlling. I know two ENFPs who can be challenging for me too because they seem to be offended by/take personally almost everything I say. It's frustrating. Half the time I'm not even talking about them and they'll assume I'm trying to imply some sort of criticism.

4. Not me. I don't think about the greater good because I don't feel like I'm qualified to make decisions for the good of everyone. I'm very much of the "live and let live" mentality. People don't all have the same needs. I wouldn't want anyone making decisions about mine.

5. I was more the stereotypical INTJ as a teenager but my N is the strongest aspect of my personality and I think the T/F split is getting blurrier the older I get. I'm getting much more sensitive to the needs of others and able to understand subtle communication - I spent a year in Americorps working with nothing but Fs. I think it changed me quite a bit. It is definitely possible for a mature INTJ to get emotions and come to appreciate them (and F types). I'm still rigid about my needs and independence though. That's not going away.

Ghost ships passing in the night.

If one INTJ is inaccessible then two is positively a conundrum and three is a mystery.

Agree. I've always found this strange. You'd think we would love each other. Maybe we need some E or F or P to bring us out of our shells?

Agree. I've always found this strange. You'd think we would love each other. Maybe we need some E or F or P to bring us out of our shells?

I consider it a simile for when the government lowers the interest rates to create economic growth.

Growth is at a certain level you can push the string to make growth, but it hardly makes a dent because the string just curls up!

Similarly you put lots more INTJ in and you don't get very much more INTJ out. INTJs being very much the opposite of EPs (who tend to explode when you put 2 in a box, the smaller the box the faster the explosion) we don't feed back well against one another and will orbit with the minimum interaction, not a very synergistic experience.

Put two of us in a thread however :) (the analogies will fly)

I consider it a simile for when the government lowers the interest rates to create economic growth.

Growth is at a certain level you can push the string to make growth, but it hardly makes a dent because the string just curls up!

Similarly you put lots more INTJ in and you don't get very much more INTJ out. INTJs being very much the opposite of EPs (who tend to explode when you put 2 in a box, the smaller the box the faster the explosion) we don't feed back well against one another and will orbit with the minimum interaction, not a very synergistic experience.

Well put... *wanders off* :p

How do you guys feel about sex?

How often do you guys cry?

I feel that sex exists...LOL. I am very private about certain things and this is one of them.

I don't cry very much but am horribly sentimental.

Is it true you all aspire to be Michael Corleone?

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about sex?

How often do you guys cry?

Sex for it's own sake is low on my priority list.

Maybe once every 3-4 months? Really sad movies/books will get me. In order for me to cry about my own life, it has to be BAD.

I feel that sex exists...LOL. I am very private about certain things and this is one of them.

I don't cry very much but am horribly sentimental.

I thought we'd decided you were ENTP.