ESFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

ESFJ

Ha, that's awesome, they are so social.

One negative about my wife (esfj) is that she is very dependent on external validation, hardly any Fi. If it doesn't matter to other people then it doesn't matter to her.

That's very true of my husband too.

The people who ended up being ESFJs that I know--I had originally pegged as being INFJs!!
No joke.

So I suck at typing people.
I just figured hey: They're into social causes, helping people, they seem pretty accepting of others, and friendly!

Interesting. So two of you have said that if something doesn't matter to others it doesn't matter to your ESFJ.

If something matters for others, must it matter for your ESFJ?

ESFJ.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xzWbRwOio&feature=aso"]YouTube - Can't Sing Psycho Girl Freaks Out When She Can't Hit The Right Notes!!![/ame]

Reactions: Orion
Ditto on this, my mother is an ESFJ.
She can get extremely defensive so I need to be tactful about what I say.
Never question an ESFJ's values, as soon as you cross that line you're in no mans territory.

yeah man.. I once asked her just causally like why she thought god exists and she went insane. I could see her barely reigning in her defensiveness and I backed off straight away and never went there again HAHAHA

Good: Friendly, energetic, positive, helpful, nice.

Bad: Manipulative, defensive, will try to one-up you, the one I know is a bit of a liar too.

Overall, I get on very well with my ESFJ friend, but due to strains between her and Tine (ENTP), there have been a couple of stand-offs where the friend has denied she's done anything wrong.
It seems NTs don't get on well with them overall :eek:

I have one friend who is an ESFJ, but she's a little...damaged. Huge martyr, always has a physical or emotional issue going on. But she goes out of her way to help you when she discovers you need something, and she really is a beautiful person when she's not on the martyr's kick. Unfortunately she's been through a lot - and I'd say sure, she deserves the sympathy. But...man. There is a line of responsibility, and she ain't seein' it.

The positives have been mentioned, and I agree. One negative that applies to some of them (not all, I know 2 who arent like this): They can be backstabbing GOSSIPERS.

My therapist is an ESFJ. Very social, friendly, outgoing, loves to talk, analytical, logical, extremely attractive and well dressed.

But defensive, needs to feel needed, focuses on details instead of the big picture, totally in the here and now, loves problem solving, doesn't like to delve deeply into issues, extremely attractive and well dressed.

He's a good guy. Did one-up me once, and I still haven't gotten over it. And lied to me once too, and I haven't gotten over that yet either. But I hold grudges.