Eradicate your racist notions. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Eradicate your racist notions.

Racism isn't about biology, it is about concepts and fundamental emotions.

Getting people to think about biology - or just to think - is a doorway to growing/adding/changing concepts. However, biology shouldn't be (mis)used to imply something which isn't real.

Different races are different. It would be as much a mistake to minimise/underplay/overlook these differences, as it would be to judge those differences to be inferior/undesirable/retrograde.

Under different criteria different races will better/worse in certain respects. Anyone who has watched Olympic running(short,middle.long distance), cycling, weight lifting, swimming, etc. will see that. However, what we have in common: human nature lets us boast of diverse great things: African races for running, Caucasian races for swimming, etc. (in sport) and the same in an almost infinite range of areas beside sports.

For individuals who are focused on only one aspect of life they will value people in terms of their ability in that one aspect. However, for those who have a genuine love of what it is to be human - they can boast of the engineering feats of Germans, the running feats of Africans, etc. as being something great about being human.

I guess by extension, if you look beyond our human species - we can boast of the beauties of life, as we share it with other plants and animals: or perhaps more fundamentally, the fact that we exist - in common with the rest of things.

what about mixed ancestry humans? what is a RACE? in ancient times celtic, germanic and roman people were considered different "races". Now they are all considered the same.

what about mixed ancestry humans? what is a RACE? in ancient times celtic, germanic and roman people were considered different "races". Now they are all considered the same.

Hybrid

No, no, @Flavus Aquila . I disagree with this statement, because with the way you've worded it, it's untrue and unfair:

It really comes down to biology: There are gifted people in every area, regardless of genetics. However, if people keep propagating in the same gene pool there will be advantages and disadvantages in the same way that you can genetically breed certain animals or plants for certain qualities. But it's not race, it's biology. That's the difference. Please note, there are gifted African Americans in swimming and there are gifted Caucasians in running and race has nothing to do with it. Genetic breeding might, I'll agree with that. The disadvantage to genetic inbreeding, however, is an almost certain increase in genetic specific diseases and physical defects.

I will say there was once a despot from the 1940s who similarly thought about race and genetics, but that's the furthest I'm taking that statement.

You obviously do not watch the Olympics.

This thread is notionist and I for one will not tolerate the holocaust of notions.

Reactions: WellNoWonder
You obviously do not watch the Olympics.

I don't think you watch sports at all. :/ Srs troll is srs...

Ahhh, okay, there are these places called countries? And these countries usually have a specific biological makeup of people in them? And when a majority of people are in those countries you usually get a set list of genetic material due to the genetic make up of the country. So...yeah. Kinda not the same, but that's okay. We don't need to get each other.

Last edited: