Enduring Problems in Philosophy | Page 25 | INFJ Forum

Enduring Problems in Philosophy

@Roses In The Vineyard
I watched both the videos you posted here recently. I’ve long known and admired Jung’s thinking about psychic epidemics. I’m optimistic about how they play out though because I suspect they trigger the psychic equivalent of antibodies.

On the other hand it’s a disturbing thought that only a totalitarian system may have the ability to tackle the causes of climate change effectively. I fear that people will be unable to vote for hardships that won’t bear fruit until long after they are dead. I hope I’m wrong.

Jesus @John K. Smh. I wouldn’t want to say that either considering this corona virus being anxiety ridden in itself.
From personal experience with having bipolar with psychotic features, ptsd, and seizures that have been occurring from possible encephalitis of my ovary, that’s kind of messed up.
I'm so sorry that you have to cope with such an illness EM - all the problems seem amplified for anyone with a condition that causes anxiety and uncontrolled thoughts. COVID has messed up all the support services - my wife used to have monthly visits from her psychiatric health worker, but we've not seen them since the start of last year. We are still able to talk to her clinic thank goodness, but it's on demand and rather hit and miss - regular face to face contact is better. I hope you have some good support.
I’d say climate control would be a horrible idea in the way of looking at political biological warfare, but I do genuinely believe in the goodness of people and their responsibility to taking care of things. I’m sure that in the case of morality or even theology there comes a point of saying that or looking out for it may actually be assuming and contributing to dark triad traits rather than light.
But… let there be light. This whole thing is traumatizing for everyone right now, so I really do hope it’s non intentional and not apart of a political scheme of control. Granted, I do think that there are good people who would be against that, so I can see how my view of consequence may be a completely different one from another’s. I’m more concerned about the psycho dynamics of environmental trauma from an uncontrollable source/natural disaster affecting people rather than the effect of it. I couldn’t judge nor would I in that case.
Let's hope we find a good way through it all! Actually, despite what I said, I'm optimistic that we can - the way we have responded to COVID actually gives me some confidence. Oh I know it's been a mess and muddle through in many countries, but governments have actually dealt with the unknown and have made tough decisions that have been mostly supported strongly by the majority of people in the face of necessity. That gives me hope that people will support the measures we are starting to take to transition to a better balance between people and nature. The trouble is that people need to smell the cheese before they believe there is a problem, and that means there will have to be some alarming climate incidents to show people it's real - but then there will be a majority support for action.

@Roses In The Vineyard
I watched both the videos you posted here recently. I’ve long known and admired Jung’s thinking about psychic epidemics. I’m optimistic about how they play out though because I suspect they trigger the psychic equivalent of antibodies.

On the other hand it’s a disturbing thought that only a totalitarian system may have the ability to tackle the causes of climate change effectively. I fear that people will be unable to vote for hardships that won’t bear fruit until long after they are dead. I hope I’m wrong.

Climate change is one of those things that happens on its own regardless what humans are doing but the worst of it isn't the co2 but rather all the toxic chemicals being pumped out, dumped, and simply allowed to leech out into the environment be it from industry to hose hold products including waste pharmaceuticals that don't get processed out of waste water only to reenter the water systems. Hell even the food sold as organic often contains some toxins left over in the soils from decades past where herbicides and pesticides where liberally sprayed with glyphosate being one of the worst offenders. Unfortunately it looks like we are already on our way to a mid or late century collapse as there is just too many problems in a short period of time.

I'm so sorry that you have to cope with such an illness EM - all the problems seem amplified for anyone with a condition that causes anxiety and uncontrolled thoughts. COVID has messed up all the support services - my wife used to have monthly visits from her psychiatric health worker, but we've not seen them since the start of last year. We are still able to talk to her clinic thank goodness, but it's on demand and rather hit and miss - regular face to face contact is better. I hope you have some good support.

Let's hope we find a good way through it all! Actually, despite what I said, I'm optimistic that we can - the way we have responded to COVID actually gives me some confidence. Oh I know it's been a mess and muddle through in many countries, but governments have actually dealt with the unknown and have made tough decisions that have been mostly supported strongly by the majority of people in the face of necessity. That gives me hope that people will support the measures we are starting to take to transition to a better balance between people and nature. The trouble is that people need to smell the cheese before they believe there is a problem, and that means there will have to be some alarming climate incidents to show people it's real - but then there will be a majority support for action.
Yesssss!! Understanding eachothers trauma and helping carry it is a big thing I’ve noticed.
As for your wife, I’m extremely sorry about all of that. I’ve actually been waiting to get back to a normal state of mind personally so I can start taking an anticonvulsant/mood stabilizer hoping it may help with the confusion while I get my ovary taken out. I’m really glad you’re there with her and I hope for the best on your support because I totally understand how that is. I see lately the beauty in people working together through this and supporting eachother through all of it. It’s absolutely beautiful. I can understand how trauma can cause feelings of wanting to retaliate, unfortunately. In those cases protection from it is the best that can be done.
Unfortunately, sometimes bad things can happen to “good people” and sometimes “bad people” can take from “good.” So as for the psychic epidemia of it, I’d say that it’s all apart of everyone’s healing and growth process through trauma. And the most beautiful thing I see in many infjs is the ability to see through all of that and wish to take a stand.
And I say that in terms that no person is actually good or bad, but for better reference towards an idea that’s less direct and open for interpretation, I see it as the latter. That people are genuinely good, but we’re all confused through what’s happening, and it’s apart of a personal journey that should be respected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren and John K
Climate change is one of those things that happens on its own regardless what humans are doing but the worst of it isn't the co2 but rather all the toxic chemicals being pumped out, dumped, and simply allowed to leech out into the environment be it from industry to hose hold products including waste pharmaceuticals that don't get processed out of waste water only to reenter the water systems. Hell even the food sold as organic often contains some toxins left over in the soils from decades past where herbicides and pesticides where liberally sprayed with glyphosate being one of the worst offenders. Unfortunately it looks like we are already on our way to a mid or late century collapse as there is just too many problems in a short period of time.
I think, in general- and I’m not much of a political person myself considering that there is of course an expansion of every choice that is made- self blame in those situations instead of personal change that happens in congruence to correction and comfort, is what helps those in transferring of trauma and returning it to a source. Granted I think many would feel different about where to put it and that’s difficult as well and completely natural.
I guess we’re going off topic of the original idea, but I’d say that it definitely plays within the whole dynamic for sure, though I wouldn’t agree to an agenda as much as we all have biases and agendas. Question remains is what in most cases, therefore conspiracy theories and plans for prevention. It really defeats the original cause as is, but finding a way out doesn’t mean breaking the requirement but actually fulfilling it as contrary to the original idea of a bias or hypocrisy.

tldr; I’d have to say that those who are dealing with trauma have every right to feel upset and want to retaliate as it is a normal part of trauma, but it defeats the original onset of the problem. Granted I do see as well, that if another isn’t finding that source of pain, we very well have missed the mark too by not seeing that pain. so I can understand the need for believing in good in order to see what is bad. In that case putting anything on one person as the one who has done wrong would be like missing the mark for protection and true giving rather than retaliation. And even then that’s difficult and painful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren and John K
Sorry. This became a lot about trauma rather than about sociodynamics, but finding a connection, I feel is pretty important in confronting subconscious and bringing it to consciousness for sure. Sorry about the multiple posts. I’m still learning how to operate the forum. And I hope I don’t sound grandiose either. It’s not my intention. :/ sorry about the editing as well.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say an inanimate object can feel an emotion but I’m sure what we put out can effect things. I think they did some research on ice cubes and even live unthinking objects and found that positive and negative energy affects them. ‍♀️
Hey, EM. (Is EM OK by the way?)

The ice cube thing I think is the Emoto work. He examined the crystalline structure of ice from water that before frozen was subjected to various words with intent. Words like love, hope, evil, etc.

The ice cube thing I think is the Emoto work.
I've seen it before and I'm highly sceptical. I just don't see how he can claim that the semantic content of words or music is the acting agent in the physical change of the structure. More likely it's the acoustic quality of those words that actuates it and the meaning is only coincidental.

The ice cube thing I think is the Emoto work. He examined the crystalline structure of ice from water that before frozen was subjected to various words with intent. Words like love, hope, evil, etc.

I've seen it before and I'm highly sceptical. I just don't see how he can claim that the semantic content of words or music is the acting agent in the physical change of the structure. More likely it's the acoustic quality of those words that actuates it and the meaning is only coincidental.

What if I lied to the ice crystal—saying nice, positive things while thinking negative thoughts?

I wonder how ice cubes can handle pretense.

Quick internet search:
https://amnap.blogspot.com/2007/04/double-blind-experimental-validation-of.html

Double-blind experimental validation of Masaru Emoto's "Messages From Water" hypothesis (Repost from AMNAP 1.0)

Masaru Emoto raised a lot of eyebrows in 1999 with the publication of his book Messages From Water and his controversial claim that water that is exposed to positive messages and intentions will freeze into more attractive and symmetrical crystals than untreated water or water treated with negative messages.

Dr. Dean Radin and Dr. Gail Hayssen of the Institute of Noetic Sciences worked with Masaru Emoto and Takashige Kizu to evaluate these claims with a double-blind controlled experiment. First, two bottles of water were selected for remote intentionality and two were left alone as controls. Then the water was sent to Emoto's team in in Japan which used the treated and untreated water to create ice crystals and photograph them. Emoto's team was blind to which samples were control and which were treated. Finally the photographs were evaluated by 100 volunteers for their aesthetic value, who were also blind to the control versus treated crystals. The results were highly significant and have just been published in the latest issue of Explore Journal.

Here is the abstract from this paper:

DOUBLE-BLIND TEST OF THE EFFECTS OF DISTANT INTENTION ON WATER CRYSTAL FORMATION

The hypothesis that water “treated” with intention can affect ice crystals formed from that water was pilot tested under double-blind conditions. A group of approximately 2,000 people in Tokyo focused positive intentions towards water samples located inside an electromagnetically shielded room in California. That group was unaware of similar water samples set aside in a different location as controls. Ice crystals formed from both sets of water samples were blindly identified and photographed by an analyst, and the resulting images were blindly assessed for aesthetic appeal by 100 independent judges. Results indicated that crystals from the treated water were given higher scores for aesthetic appeal than those from the control water (p = 0.001, one-tailed), lending support to the hypothesis.

A quantum physicist I knew (I just found out yesterday that he died) told me that thoughts and feelings are scalar energy in the quantum realm. If so and given water's amazing properties, it is at least plausible that such energy, directed to water, would change its orientation.

Nelson (the physicist) told me that water can be changed so that the H2O structures (hydrogen bonding between the slightly negatively charged Oxygen of one H2O to the slightly positively charged Hydrogens of another H2O molecule) arrange in these beautiful fractal patterns.

Quantum Field Theory and Consciousness certainly have this in common...nobody really understands them.

Hey, EM. (Is EM OK by the way?)

We've spoken about this before. I suppose it is similar to the experiments in speaking to plants. There are correlations to the scientific processes which are related (those of the chemical processes taking place outside of perception-- unless thoroughly tested), and those things which are occurring parallel to the scientific processes which are perceived; however, perhaps misunderstood for their abstract or metaphysical manifestations. This isn't uncommon in science. There are things which we just do not have an answer for despite observing and perceiving particular phenomena. Recent biological research in biometaphysics suggests that plants are influenced by the energy reserve of other plants within proximity, so 'bioenergy theory' is relevant at least to some living organisms. It isn't a stretch to assume that this could be possible for humans, especially as the theory is tested and developed.