Emotional Freedom technique. | INFJ Forum

Emotional Freedom technique.

darkstar

Community Member
Feb 9, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Okay guys, since so many here are emotional, I imagine that having a quick and easy method of releasing negative emotions would be really helpful.

This is something I have been using for about a year now and found it to be very beneficial.

It's called EFT or Tapping since you tap on meridians while focusing on an issue to clear it. Kind of a mix of acupressure and NLP(Neuro Lingiuistic Programming).

www.emofree.com is creator Gary Craig's site and has several resorces including the free e-manual.

www.tapping.com is a site with EFT resources and videos, highly recommend the intro video to start with. Here is his youtube channel since his site is sometimes slow. http://www.youtube.com/user/magnustapping

Their forum is great too. He also made a new tapping course recently at http://tappingcourse.com/the-tapping-course.html but I recomend that you at least start with some of the starter videos on his youtube channel.

Brad Yates takes a slightly different pproach and often taps in positive statements. His youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/eftwizard

I will answer any questions to the best of my ability. Like Gary Craig says, "Try it on everything."

I should pick this up again. I was taught this by my mom and a spiritual advisor we see.

Really? How far did you get? Did you experience any success?

I didn't get very far. I was very depressed when I was taught it (to help with it) and was too upset to progess with it, but I did notice some help with it.

I didn't get very far. I was very depressed when I was taught it (to help with it) and was too upset to progess with it, but I did notice some help with it.

Isn't the point of it to relieve things like depression? If so then wouldn't you say it failed? :p

Isn't the point of it to relieve things like depression? If so then wouldn't you say it failed? :p

Yeah I sort of did fail at it. When I am depressed though, all I want to do is stay in bed. I have to convince myself to get up and go to the bathroom its gets so intense.

I just tried it and it seems to help. Not sure if it's placebo for me or not, but either way it doesn't matter haha. It's enough to continue it and see where it goes. Thanks for the post!

I'll check out the links in a moment. Sounds like it's related to BodyTalk.

EDIT: Wow! I just went through the YouTube tutorial. The bad feeling was almost completely gone on the first try! It was a feeling of hopelessness and despair that I'd had a couple days ago. Initially I recalled it just fine - memory, feeling, physical sense, the whole thing. After the first round of tapping, I was like "uhh... where'd it go?" Awesome! :lol:

Last edited:
I'll check out the links in a moment. Sounds like it's related to BodyTalk.

EDIT: Wow! I just went through the YouTube tutorial. The bad feeling was almost completely gone on the first try! It was a feeling of hopelessness and despair that I'd had a couple days ago. Initially I recalled it just fine - memory, feeling, physical sense, the whole thing. After the first round of tapping, I was like "uhh... where'd it go?" Awesome! :lol:

Yeah. Good stuff, also the chakra clearing video does wonders sometimes.

Brad Yates's stuff is great for the specific issues laid out in his vids.

you tap on meridians while focusing on an issue to clear it. Kind of a mix of acupressure and NLP(Neuro Lingiuistic Programming).
Explain this please.

Explain this please.

Well, emofree.com has the ebook which explains the mechanics (its free btw) better than I can.

Basically you track the memory and or feeling back to its roots, then while focusing on it you tap on certain points on your body with your fingertips while repeating the reminder phrase.

there is also the choices method which allows you to tap in good things.

Tapping.com has good beginner videos, as well as brad yates on youtube and tappingcourse.com has even better vids. (run on, but who cares)

I don't want to read the whole ebook. Can't you summarize? Why post if you can't summarize the idea?

I don't want to read the whole ebook. Can't you summarize? Why post if you can't summarize the idea?

Touchy.

I just did.

Basically, you find a bad feeling.

You rate that feeling and find where it is in your body.

You do the setup, tapping on your "karate chop point" while saying the setup phrase "Even though I have this (feeling, problem, specific), I deeply and completely accept myself. X3

Then you tap on eyebrow point, side of eye, under eye, under nose, under mouth, collarbone, under breast, under arm and then on top of head. All while saying the reminder phrase like "this feeling" so you focus on the feeling.

Some variants have you tap on the inside corner of your fingers and on the gamut point on the back of the hand.

During the gamut point process, you roll your eyes (stimulating the NLP eye accessing cues) and hum and count (stimulating the left and right brain)

rinse wash repeat.

States like depression and anxiety have deeper roots. I've got a feeling that EFT pushes symptoms out of sight for a while, but does not address the underlying problem. I could be wrong though.

This works well. I should use it more. I used it before an interview once to work through nerves and low self-esteem and honestly felt wonderful all day long - even a bit hyper. Didn't get the job, but felt great anyway.

States like depression and anxiety have deeper roots. I've got a feeling that EFT pushes symptoms out of sight for a while, but does not address the underlying problem. I could be wrong though.

Well if you start with just the feelings of depression etc you are correct. You are only treating the symptom, not the root. Eventually, you can trace the root, sometimes a long-held belief, sometimes a traumatic event from childhood, maybe even one you didn't know was traumatic.

In any case I've been working through the tappingcourse and I've been clearing a lot of energetic dependence on other people and false personalities. (those are fun, kind of like playing duck hunt, including the laughing dog :p)

Touchy.

I just did.

Basically, you find a bad feeling.

You rate that feeling and find where it is in your body.

You do the setup, tapping on your "karate chop point" while saying the setup phrase "Even though I have this (feeling, problem, specific), I deeply and completely accept myself. X3

Then you tap on eyebrow point, side of eye, under eye, under nose, under mouth, collarbone, under breast, under arm and then on top of head. All while saying the reminder phrase like "this feeling" so you focus on the feeling.

Some variants have you tap on the inside corner of your fingers and on the gamut point on the back of the hand.

During the gamut point process, you roll your eyes (stimulating the NLP eye accessing cues) and hum and count (stimulating the left and right brain)

rinse wash repeat.
Wow. For some reason, this routine makes me think of Charismatic Christians and how insane I think they are whenever I see them in public. Then again, you probably don't do this in public..

Wow. For some reason, this routine makes me think of Charismatic Christians and how insane I think they are whenever I see them in public. Then again, you probably don't do this in public..

Not till 2012, when the Tapping revolution will free the world and Magnus will be our new leader.

jk, obviously, but yeah, you don't do thin in public any more than you go to your therapist in public, have sex in public (who knows about that though ) or meditate in public.

Sounds like ritualized self affirmation to me. Of course, I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing since ritualization can make people more involved with what they're doing and thus get better results.

Pleased to meet you. My name is Thomas. Doubting Thomas.