Easier Cognitive Function Test | INFJ Forum

Easier Cognitive Function Test

Silently Honest

Retired Staff
May 12, 2008
MBTI
YANG
This Test is less tiring then the other cognative function one, but also more obvious. Overall, it's a good test.

Please note: The URL to this website is currently working, but the test itself is not. If you enter results for the test you will have wasted a half hour.

Interesting, I liked the question of if it's a natural, learnt or aspired thing. It's clear to me from that my Fi is learnt. I didn't like having headings though and wonder if it influenced my decisions.

Ne - Fi & Fe - Ti - Te - Se - Ni - Si

Both possible results were: ENFP

Your self-assessment curve = -1.7

Ni,Si
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occasionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Te,Se
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Ti,Fi,Fe
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

Ne
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.

- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fi
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Se
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ne
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Te
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ti
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: ESFP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.
Possible result: ESFP
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: INFP

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: INFP

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -5.3
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

My possible results were INFJ or INFP. My most used things:

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.
Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.
Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: INFJ

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: INFJ

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group–organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]

Your Developmental Report

Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Se
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ti
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Te,Si,Ne
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ni,Fi,Fe
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]​

Ni
Fi
Ti
Fe
Ne
Te
Si
Se

lol to S at the bottom.

Possible Result: INFJ
Possible Result: INFJ

Ni
: Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Fi
: Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

Ti
: Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

Te,Si,Se
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Ne,Fe

Ti

Ni,Fi
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

[SIZE=-1]

Yup this is me for sure.

[/SIZE]

Improved MBTI test?

Hey folks,

I found this other test- it tests you based on the strength of each cognitive function. It's also valuable because you get a good impression of what each cognitive function does!

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html

And my results:
my.php
functiontestqn3.jpg

They're about developed as they should be, for an INTP. Ti, Ne, Si, Fe are the order of the top 4 cognitive functions for INTPs. However there is this random Ni in there... what's that about?

I think it's because my close family all have Ni in their top two cognitive functions, and it would have effected me. (Dad: ENTJ, mom: INFJ, brother: INTJ)

Last edited by a moderator:
There was one shortcoming of MBTI/Jung - They rely on only sixteen types, with defined functions, four actually. In reality, their system should take into account sixty-four types, with varying degrees of developement depending on the individual. Perhaps this would explain why my S/N are always in flux. Then again, I could simply not know what I'm talking about.

mbtime.png

Now, I don't trust that Ne. It sounds like the OCD I suffer from. Perhaps that is why sensory is so high.

Last edited:
infjxg5.png

Have I mentioned before that S and me do NOT mix? haha :D

This test is pretty whack. I got INFJ, INFP and ENFJ as possible results.

Last edited:
Moved to the online test section... enjoy!

untitled.JPG
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]INFP

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: INFP[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
*Merged*

INFJ

cognitiveprocess.jpg

Lol... My Te is inexistant

I think my Fe's gone down after a lot of internal turmoil over the last couple of years. Think it will go up again.

I can also feel the influence of INTP boyfriend... which is positive :)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: INTP[/SIZE][/FONT]