Dream interpretation | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Dream interpretation

I typically have very vivid dreams, and in the last week, I had TWO dreams back to back about avoiding major freeway accidents

Here is the first one. I'm flying on the freeway with a bird's eye view of a bridge and a semi-truck flips and crashes, leading to more cars crashing into each other. As I am watching, I simply raise my altitude and fly away. This accident happened on NYE's in the dream.

Second dream, I am driving on the freeway when I see a red Italian sports car tailgating me coming at full speed. I pull off to the left on the grass road, and watch as the car proceeds to crash into the car in front of me in explosive display, taking along several other cars with it.

Then I am telling people about the two times I had avoided these major accidents and how I trusted my intuition to avoid these situations.

Interpretations?

You don't think it's a prophetic sort of dream but has more to do with my personal life?

Sorry, I'm not a strong believer in that sort of thing. To me, I'd be more apt to interpret as a self-fulfilling prophecy, i.e. you're more inclined to focus on recklessness and preventative measures and will focus on those things or interpret them in a likewise manner when something bad inevitably happens.

Those dreams could even manage to distract you enough to lose focus on more important things in your life that you do need to stay focused on, thus causing an accident in your life.

I'd say let them go. If a meteor were bound today to destroy the earth, there is no point worrying about it. Remain focused on what is important to you and what you have control over.

Those dreams seem reflective of your tendency to worry because they have you now worried about their meaning, you see?

From dreammoods.com:

Flying

To dream that you are flying signifies a sense of freedom where you had initially felt restricted and limited.

To dream that you are flying with black wings signifies bitter disappointments.

Car Accident

To dream of a car accident symbolizes your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. Are you "driving" yourself too hard? Perhaps you need to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to rethink or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path. Dreaming that someone is injured in a car accident means that you cannot control the action of others. They have to live with the consequences of their own decisions.

If you dream that you die from a car accident and actually see the reactions of your loved ones, then it suggests that your reckless activity is affecting those around you. This dream is a wake-up call.

Sorry, I'm not a strong believer in that sort of thing. To me, I'd be more apt to interpret as a self-fulfilling prophecy, i.e. you're more inclined to focus on recklessness and preventative measures and will focus on those things or interpret them in a likewise manner when something bad inevitably happens.

Those dreams could even manage to distract you enough to lose focus on more important things in your life that you do need to stay focused on, thus causing an accident in your life.

I'd say let them go. If a meteor were bound today to destroy the earth, there is no point worrying about it. Remain focused on what is important to you and what you have control over.

Those dreams seem reflective of your tendency to worry because they have you now worried about their meaning, you see?

It's not so much worry as it has to do with curiosity. I think though dreams can signal an alert to your consciousness. I typically think I pay attention to my dreams, not necessarily because I think of myself as Iphegenia but because I like being self aware of the inner workings of my mind. My mind fascinates me! :lol:

From dreammoods.com:

Flying

To dream that you are flying signifies a sense of freedom where you had initially felt restricted and limited.

To dream that you are flying with black wings signifies bitter disappointments.

Car Accident

To dream of a car accident symbolizes your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. Are you "driving" yourself too hard? Perhaps you need to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to rethink or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path. Dreaming that someone is injured in a car accident means that you cannot control the action of others. They have to live with the consequences of their own decisions.

If you dream that you die from a car accident and actually see the reactions of your loved ones, then it suggests that your reckless activity is affecting those around you. This dream is a wake-up call.

I think dreamforth.com to have more accurate symbology than dreammoods. I find Water and faucets represent more of the universal emotional state. Cars symbolise more about the body. What do you suppose a semi truck represents?

I think dreamforth.com to have more accurate symbology than dreammoods. I find Water and faucets represent more of the universal emotional state. Cars symbolise more about the body. What do you suppose a semi truck represents?

Hmm do you know what the semi truck was carrying? I would interpret it as a massive amount of baggage. Never been to dreamforth, I'll check that site out!

i regularly dream that i have made the mistake of eating some very sticky and chewy candy that has turned to cement between my teeth. i am putting my fingers into my mouth and attempting to prise the candy off my teeth but the candy is so sticky that my teeth are coming loose in my gums and i am inadvertently pulling them out along with the candy. the quantity of candy that has become stuck in my mouth seems unlimited and has become almost indistinguishable from my teeth.

ive had dreams about losing my teeth all my life. when i was younger i used to dream that they would shatter and i would be scratching at the ground where they had fallen attempting to collect all the fragments in hopes that they might be reassembled by a dentist. but since im an adult i dont have this dream anymore, its always the sticky candy. i have developed a fearful aversion to chewing gum.

i regularly dream that i have made the mistake of eating some very sticky and chewy candy that has turned to cement between my teeth. i am putting my fingers into my mouth and attempting to prise the candy off my teeth but the candy is so sticky that my teeth are coming loose in my gums and i am inadvertently pulling them out along with the candy. the quantity of candy that has become stuck in my mouth seems unlimited and has become almost indistinguishable from my teeth.

ive had dreams about losing my teeth all my life. when i was younger i used to dream that they would shatter and i would be scratching at the ground where they had fallen attempting to collect all the fragments in hopes that they might be reassembled by a dentist. but since im an adult i dont have this dream anymore, its always the sticky candy. i have developed a fearful aversion to chewing gum.
Loosing teeth is a common dream from what I understand. I do not remember its meaning. Look it up it should be easy to find.

Last night I was playing with a big alligator and worried the whole time it was going to get tired and kill me. Then I was playing with a big wolf that was acting like a dog. Again worrying it was going to get tired and attack me. I did not try to get away or look for an exit. I just figured if I did nothing they would eventually get bored and leave me alone.

Last September I lost a cat I'd had for 11 years, Hikari. I came home after work to find that she had let her out accidentally hours ago and couldn't find her. I tried several methods to locate her to no avail. She loved people and never tried to run away.

Last night I dreamt that she (Hikari) had gotten outside, and I was trying to get her back. She was deaf in real life, equally deaf in the dream, so as usual I was motioning to her to get her to return. In real life, when I let her outside, I always stayed with her out there and she would never stray too far from me; if I started walking away, she would meow and run to me. If she didn't automatically do this, all I had to do was hold out my hand and she would trot towards me.

In the dream, she was hiding in the bushes. I had to get her because there was a panther out there trying to kill her. However, any time I tried to reach out to her she shied away, afraid of me, like I was going to hurt her. I could see fear in her eyes. If she didn't cower away, she outright ran away. I tried this several times, to no avail. At one point I was able to touch her and she twisted away with a yowl. It broke my heart. I could feel dread, could feel the fear that the panther would get to her first.

Her carrier was there, and in the dream I felt like I had to get her inside. Ultimately, it melted and collapsed onto itself before I was successful.

I awoke before seeing her either safe, or dead.

Reactions: invisible
Last September I lost a cat I'd had for 11 years, Hikari. I came home after work to find that she had let her out accidentally hours ago and couldn't find her. I tried several methods to locate her to no avail. She loved people and never tried to run away.

Last night I dreamt that she (Hikari) had gotten outside, and I was trying to get her back. She was deaf in real life, equally deaf in the dream, so as usual I was motioning to her to get her to return. In real life, when I let her outside, I always stayed with her out there and she would never stray too far from me; if I started walking away, she would meow and run to me. If she didn't automatically do this, all I had to do was hold out my hand and she would trot towards me.

In the dream, she was hiding in the bushes. I had to get her because there was a panther out there trying to kill her. However, any time I tried to reach out to her she shied away, afraid of me, like I was going to hurt her. I could see fear in her eyes. If she didn't cower away, she outright ran away. I tried this several times, to no avail. At one point I was able to touch her and she twisted away with a yowl. It broke my heart. I could feel dread, could feel the fear that the panther would get to her first.

Her carrier was there, and in the dream I felt like I had to get her inside. Ultimately, it melted and collapsed onto itself before I was successful.

So Schrodingers cat in a dream context.

So Schrodingers cat in a dream context.

Do you feel helpless to help those you care about in your life as they go through difficult times?

Loosing teeth is a common dream from what I understand. I do not remember its meaning. Look it up it should be easy to find.

Losing teeth is a reflection on the perception one has of one’s appearance.
It could just be something as simple as feeling socially insecure reflected back in such a manner.

my dreams often involves. erotic moments with beautiful women. or me protecting my mother from bandits, grapping her hand and escaping.

I had a dream where I saw my dead cat. She came to visit, I recognized her but called her by the wrong name not intentionally.

I hope that cat has found peace and happiness beyond what she had here.

I fing hate death.