Dramatic flip-flop from Stone! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Dramatic flip-flop from Stone!

Stone said:
G.Kai I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me.

What does it mean to be an intuitive?

Funny you should ask. I don't think an intuitive would ask that question. It's also amusing that kwis knew exactly what I was talking about - a very sweet reply from kwis (thank you). I will also say that I believe the INFJ is a subset, almost completely outside of even the other NFs. But to finally answer your very direct question, Intuition means knowing it in your knower without prior knowledge.

Is it telling me something that I want more concrete explanations of intuition? I'm certain I have it but it makes much more sense to me that it could be a well developed tertiary function and not the dominant function.

If anyone knows of any ISFPs would you mind telling me a bit about them?

G.Kai said:
I'd have to say the true hallmark of my own experience as an INFJ is the feeling of not belonging, to the point that I wondered if I belonged here, even with others of my type. I don't know if others here wrestle with this kind of alienation, but remember I'm an older person, and I hope these testing instruments help younger people in the intuitive minority feel good about who they are, and what their existence means for humankind.

I never felt like I belonged and even when I was a child trying to express it people didn't believe me. Soon after meeting my husband and getting to know him he looked at me one day and said, "You're not like the other boys and girls are you?" I just shrugged and smiled and he said, "I like it!" At that point I knew I had the right guy! Someone who believes that I don't belong but is ok with it!

G.Kai said:
Funny you should ask. I don't think an intuitive would ask that question.

By that logic you'd have to be an alien to ask what it means to be human, yet we do it all the time.

Stone said:
I don't know if this will be very helpful (because I don't know that girl that well) but the one I know was in high school with me (in literary section - quite a lot of artisans there, and a few idealists too - I won't explain the french system in details but this section is focused on languages, history, litterature, philosophy etc).

She studies art history now, though she's thinking of taking painting and sculpture courses next year - not that she doesn't like what she's doing now but I think she'd rather be an artist than a historian. She knows her history pretty well but when she talks about art it often sounds as though she's just regurgitating knowledge rather than analyzing it to give you a personal opinion (she's not that analytical, or to me her analysis often seem pretty shallow).
She likes litterature a lot. Big fan of Milan Kundera. She dreams of travelling (we used to talk about that a lot), she's very romantic but has got into emotional trouble because she often follows her impulses blindly, sometimes hurting others as well as herself. She doesn't always take responsibility for her actions. She lives in the present though she dreams a fair bit. She wears colorful clothes and likes everyone.

Stone said:
Is it telling me something that I want more concrete explanations of intuition? I'm certain I have it but it makes much more sense to me that it could be a well developed tertiary function and not the dominant function.

INtuition, btw, is something along these lines . . .

I got a very young patient last night who had OD'd on marijuana. Nothing in the report given by the ED Suggested sexual abuse as a child, yet it was the first thing I thought of. Can't tell you why. I just had a feeling.

Three hours later, after he's settled in and I'm reviewing his history, I find the confirmation. It was very eery that I was right and had nothing to substantiate a prior knowledge.

Just thought I'd share.

Kwist, you can OD on marijuana?

And yes I agree with your description, that's exactly what happens with me as well.

If you can... that'd be the biggest news all around the world. Since there are no deaths that have ever been directly attributed to cannabis. There are side effects to bad weed, or strong hydroponic grown weed, but never have there been any recorded deaths. That's one of the main defences of the pro-weed rally groups against tobacco and alcohol, where both kill.

sumone said:
Kwist, you can OD on marijuana?

And yes I agree with your description, that's exactly what happens with me as well.

Typically, no. I had just got off night shift-it was barbiturates. lol. SO tired, actually didn't get to bed till three. Had to stay up and wait for a phone call . . .
I hate getting patients like that. True heart breakers.

On the side, I'm actually veering in the direction of legalizing marijuana . . . on the fence for the time being (that sounds so awful, I know)

Perfect description Kwis!!

Stone I don't have any insight to help you with this Good luck!