dr. who psychological themes | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

dr. who psychological themes

The vampire one. I almost didn't notice it because I was busy scarfing down some pizza.

Sorry guys but i'm not feeling the new doctor. I don't what it is, but he hasn't grown on me. But everyone loves him. I'm more interested in the secondary characters than he and his new companion. At this point, i'm almost wishing that River Song is a future doctor or at least companion, because she's the only character that makes me want to watch right now apart from my committment to the Doctor Who series. The Weeping Angels are great of course, but i preferred them in Tennant's episode. I think it was more subtle with the cyclical structure in Tennant's episode "Blink."

Oh, I don't expect everyone to love him. Especially if they're used to Tennant, Eccleston, and the recent Doctor takes.

Me, I'm old school. Like, REALLY old school. I cut my Who milk teeth on Tom Baker, Colin Baker, and Peter Davison. So the whole love triangle bits always left me a bit "meh." I'm sure Matt Smith will have his due, and soon everyone will be sad he's leaving as well.

There's still plenty of time to get used to him as the Doctor. Heh. Every time there's a new change there's always going to be someone saying, "I refuse to watch! He's not MY Doctor!" But people will watch the show regardless, just to see what happens. I refuse to watch when it gets too corny, but I tell you what: The Weeping Angels and the Beast episodes scared me - and that never happens with me and Dr. Who. So I guess I liked that new take. So far it seems written well (or at least better than what I've been used to seeing in the past).

I grew up watching Tom Baker on american public television, but so far I've had no trouble with any of the older or newer choices I've seen.

I've only seen those 2 minutes where Tennant turns into the new guy, but I was somewhat surprised. The BBC's press blobs tried to paint him as some kind of young heart-throb, and I was worried. Then his face popped up and I started laughing. My wife and I breathed a sigh of relief. He seemed more like a British actor than a model. Phew! What a relief.

Haven't seen the new stuff, yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I've only seen those 2 minutes where Tennant turns into the new guy, but I was somewhat surprised. The BBC's press blobs tried to paint him as some kind of young heart-throb, and I was worried. Then his face popped up and I started laughing. My wife and I breathed a sigh of relief. He seemed more like a British actor than a model. Phew! What a relief..

i have been watching the new ones and like the "old fashioned" kind of vibe of the new doctor. like, he is a young man but sort of old-manish in his mannerisms.

I'm not a fan of Matt Smith, but I won't refuse to watch him, mostly for Amy's sake. I do quite like her, especially now that I've seen the second part of the Angels episodes.

The way they've put River Song into the series is really very good. I'm looking forward to their next episode together.
Rose and the Doctor was cute, and they ended it well, but I'm hoping that Mr Moffat doesn't overdo the love thing in this series. In many ways, that's what separates Dr Who from all of the other shows on nowadays, especially considering the age of Matt Smith.

So, i'm a bit confused about where the show is headed, but tonight's episode "The Hungry Earth" seems as if it the series is progressing. The last few episodes confused me. The only thing i got out of them is that there's a crack in time/space, meaning that the universe is falling in on itself. Different dimensions are seeping into one another, and so the end of the universe is coming. So, we'll see.

But Matt Smith, imho, still doesn't seem like Dr. Who.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the cracks in the world have something to do with the daleks.... because ummm... everything always seems to comes down to the daleks. :smile: To be honest I wouldn't mind at least one season without the daleks.

I like the way they have the new doctor written. He seems less over the top and goofy, more serious. I like David Tennant but I was getting tired of the "I am the Doctor, I am a Time Lord" speeches right before he saves everyone from an impossible situation. I guess the new one does it too but I don't seem to notice it as much.

Mannn...I'm still liking this show. Matt's fast becoming one of my favorite doctors, actually. You can seriously see the weight of the world on his shoulders (we finally see things the way he sees them in a few episodes).

Oh hey! They are getting rid of the new Doctor! The NEW new doctor will be!

CHAZ!

"Vincent and the Doctor" was a really good episode. Liked the actor who played Vincent Van Gough. He gave a realistic performance. The episode is a personal favorite so far since the new season began.

Last edited:
I find it hard to concentrate on the new series, that Amy girl's is too beautiful.