Doomsday Clock Set at 3 Minutes to Midnight | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Doomsday Clock Set at 3 Minutes to Midnight

Do you think humanity stands a chance of surviving on it’s current path?

I think we stand a pretty good chance.

What would be your number one priority if you had the power to bring about change?

Nix the burning of fossil fuels in every way possible. Build up solar, wind, and hydroelectric power generator infrastructure while eliminating nuclear and coal plants. Focus on the transition from combustion engines to electric on every level, replace every fuel pumping station with electric charging stations. Saw an invention for a roadway that generates electricity as you drive on it, I think that would be mighty helpful in this goal. Wherever possible- bike lanes, trails, and more sidewalks.

Why do you think people still not believe that our global climate is changing and the driver being humans?

Most people are concerned with the day to day, making sure they have enough money for rent/food and if they have children-caring for them. Then there is the predisposition for drug use in humans, we love being fucked up on something...there are exceptions.

If you don’t believe in global warming or climate change…why?

I do not believe nor disbelieve in global warming/climate change. Science is not a higher power to be believed in, it exists as a means to explain the strange things that we would otherwise blame on some poor woman before we light her on fire to stop the devil from encroaching on our village. Enough smart science guys and gals say there is a problem, I am inclined to take their word on it. I see numerous toxic materials lit on fire to move large metal conveyances every day with smoke coming out of them and the smoke makes me feel funny when I breathe it. Seems like enough of these conveyances are in use all over the planet, that cannot be good for the spinning rock as a whole or at least for our position on said spinning rock.

Are nuclear weapons still necessary? How many do we need?

Well the Japanese are pretty amicable now, so I don't think we need the bomb as a deterrent from them. Unless they rearm and attempt to take over the world again. So we might want to hang onto a few of them just in case of that. I love Japan don't get me wrong, but when they leave their island with the intentions of war they don't fuck around. Otherwise we need enough bombs to act as a deterrent for every country that has the bomb...mutually assured destruction keeps saber rattling to a minimum at the diplomacy table. Unless you are North Korea, but I think Kim Jong Un had an actual saber instead of a rattle when he was a baby so...

Now if we were all one global community then we probably wouldn't need the bomb...

Reactions: Skarekrow
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/950865-make-your-own-engine-ice-antifreeze-for-15th-the-cost/

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=modular+homes

Links?

Emissions are scraps of lost product so there is already incentive there to profit. You are also forgetting the failure rate of legal enforcement that would create more economic instability.

Maybe some day we will take off all these green handicaps and go back to work at being awesome beyond temporary means.
Thanks for the links.
Yeah…personally I agree that shit won’t be done until all the Baby Boomers are out of Congress anyhow…hahahaha.
There is a maker space in Portland which is a few mins from where I live...http://www.adxportland.com
People can go to swap skills with one another…I think that is fantastic…you know, you might need something welded but don’t know how…you can go down and a volunteer will help you do it yourself. I like that concept a lot.