Political intelligence | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Political intelligence

I do know this: I'm resentful that I have to pick a side and spend all my damn time thinking about politics. I mean, I may as well become a religious fundamentalist of some stripe. The best government is one that doesn't monopolize your life.

I'm tired of declaring this or that as "who I am, dammit, and fuck you if you blah blah." I'm tired of thinking about INTPs. I'm tired of people who want to change their type, too. That's stupid. MBTI isn't a level system, there is no vertical ascension, and, there is no damned ivory tower. This "aspiration" nonsense is hilarious, pathetic, and eerie.

But why waste words? NFs can't comprehend anything; they see a Monet painting, they feel a rush of emotion. That's it.

Pathetic.

If you resent everything, why are you here? I'm not trying to be a dick, but it sounds like you need to find and make some real friends.

But why waste words? NFs can't comprehend anything; they see a Monet painting, they feel a rush of emotion. That's it.

Pathetic.

I hope you're kidding ? Do you think any NF type can exactly explain what every intp thinks when "they" see a painting ?

Don't take this the wrong way, by in my experience the ones who are least able to deal with their emotional responses or value them, are those who over rationalise everything. Including Monet. Beautiful pictures for an old man with cataracts, don't you think ?

If you resent everything, why are you here? I'm not trying to be a dick, but it sounds like you need to find and make some real friends.

Why are you here? And yes, you were trying to be a dick. Be honest.

You missed the point *WHOOSH* Because, you see, critique isn't rejection.

Should I just adhere to MBTI, as is, and never complain about it? Ranting can be productive. Are you content with skimming the surface? Progress. Look beyond MBTI.

Type descriptions aren't interesting to me now. At this point, I'm fascinated and yes, disgusted, that people strive to adhere to a type description like an anorexic exercises.

It has become prescriptive.

I hope you're kidding ? Do you think any NF type can exactly explain what every intp thinks when "they" see a painting ?

Don't take this the wrong way, by in my experience the ones who are least able to deal with their emotional responses or value them, are those who over rationalise everything. Including Monet. Beautiful pictures for an old man with cataracts, don't you think ?

I was joking. A certain thread came to mind.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
And what gives you this impression?

The idea that people are so individualized that they are somehow immune to having a social responsibility for others on the planet. It's novel, it's naive, it's selfish. Worst of all, it's politics. I've observed libertarian-ism for awhile and I flirted with the idea of "What would it take for me to be libertarian?" It's basically a survival of the fittest scenario where libertarians fool themselves into thinking taxation is theft and that without taxation they would somehow build their own roads. Just look at the latest election with Gary Johnson. His own people ate him alive because he was basically Trump but without the social awareness (which is very pathetic btw). (I am referring to when his VP endorsed Hillary.)

"I'm not being a dick, I care for you. Now go get some friends, loser."

Reactions: Lurk
"I'm not being a dick, I care for you. Now go get some friends, loser."

:mask:
hit_target_lg_thm.jpg

Reactions: Happy Phantom
I do know this: I'm resentful that I have to pick a side and spend all my damn time thinking about politics. I mean, I may as well become a religious fundamentalist of some stripe. The best government is one that doesn't monopolize your life.
I'm distraught over all of this as well as torn and frayed!

I'm tired of declaring this or that as "who I am, dammit, and fuck you if you blah blah." I'm tired of thinking about INTPs. I'm tired of people who want to change their type, too. That's stupid. MBTI isn't a level system, there is no vertical ascension, and, there is no damned ivory tower. This "aspiration" nonsense is hilarious, pathetic, and eerie.
Stop fooling yourself. You know full well people are to choose only one of sixteen boxes, and if they step outside of the box, well. . .

FdNFlFU.jpg

Pathetic.
Vomit worthy even. Art is for suckers. That is all.

Last edited:
Why are you here? And yes, you were trying to be a dick. Be honest.

You missed the point *WHOOSH* Because, you see, critique isn't rejection.

Should I just adhere to MBTI, as is, and never complain about it? Ranting can be productive. Are you content with skimming the surface? Progress. Look beyond MBTI.

Type descriptions aren't interesting to me now. At this point, I'm fascinated and yes, disgusted, that people strive to adhere to a type description like an anorexic exercises.

It has become prescriptive.

No I'm not being passive aggressive. I was trying to be nice, but you've just it difficult. Also, your rant is incomprehensible to me.

It was a rant. I don't care if it was incomprehensible to you or not,

Two prick male INTPs. Go figure.

Libertarians seem to have a desire to live according to the laws of the jungle and still be superficially civilized. They seem to have a common thread of immaturity.
That is an odd take away. I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. Libertarians basically just want to live their lives and not be told how to live them. So long as people do not harm others, they should be able to live how they like. The governments main job is to protect the nation from foreign and domestic threats.

It was a rant. I don't care if it was incomprehensible to you or not.
Wasn't incomprehensible to me, however I speak several dead languages and find it sad for the other NF's who aren't as gifted. :cry:

That is an odd take away. I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. Libertarians basically just want to live their lives and not be told how to live them. So long as people do not harm others, they should be able to live how they like. The governments main job is to protect the nation from foreign and domestic threats.
I totally your entire post in T-1000's voice.

Reactions: Lurk
Reactions: acd
I've already explained it above. The governments main job Is up to interpretation.

I've already explained it above. The governments main job Is up to interpretation.
The founding fathers had a pretty clear idea of what they were after. A society free from oppression. I'm not sure that's open to interpretation. Can people interpret? Sure.

The founding fathers had a pretty clear idea of what they were after. A society free from oppression. I'm not sure that's open to interpretation. Can people interpret? Sure.

The founding fathers are dead. Their opinion doesn't matter.

Reactions: Lurk and Skarekrow