Political intelligence | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Political intelligence

Their idea has weathered centuries.

Adapt or die, as with everything. Their idea wont last forever and it will be replaced, for better or worse.

Adapt or die, as with everything. Their idea wont last forever and it will be replaced, for better or worse.
Hopefully it will be built on as is the desire of all patriots.

Eventhorizon post: 1004407 said:
Hopefully it will be built on as is the desire of all patriots.
Good thinking. We can build on it with things such as universal healthcare and Michelle Obama 2018.

Good thinking. We can build on it with things such as universal healthcare and Michelle Obama 2018.

Reactions: acd
I can understand that some people want universal health care. Your statement concerning 2018 though makes me wonder if you have not contracted a brain eating ameba. Just worried about your health is all.

Michelle Obama 2020!
Then maybe she can appoint Barack to Supreme Court when there is a vacancy!
Two questions. 1) given the option would you really want her to run for President. 2) if so why? What has she done in your mind that makes you think she would make a good President?

@Eventhorizon

I would love to hear your thoughts on administrative law judges interpreting federal law even though they are not "really" appointed or confirmed by senate. It's a very hot topic, and I find it very interesting.

If you are not sure what administrative law is, I will chime in some details later and give my explanation. What do you think about administrative law judges?

For now, think of it as congress (legislative) and the president (executive) having a baby to put the judiciary out of business in a way.

You can Google administrative law judges too.

incomprehensible to me

Me too. I'm stepping down a level. No more playing with the Big Boys, that's for Donald Trump and Sarah Palin.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism told me it was good

50px-Question_book-4.svg.png

This article does not have any sources. You can help Wikipedia by finding good sources, and adding them. (August 2010)

Libertarianism is an idea in ethics and politics. The word comes from the word "liberty". Simply put, libertarians believe that people should be able to do whatever they desire as long as their actions do not harm others. As a result, Libertarians want to limit the government's power so people can have as much freedom as possible.

Like other people, libertarians oppose slavery, rape, theft, murder, and all other examples of initiated violence.

Garrison based his opposition to slavery on the idea of self-ownership. Since you have a natural right to control your own body, no one else has any right to steal that control from you. Garrison and Douglass both called slave masters "man stealers."

All libertarians believe that it is wrong to start violence against any person or against what he or she owns. They call this the "non-aggression principle."

Ownership is the right to control something. Property is the thing that you control.

Libertarians believe that property rights come from self-ownership. This means that because you have a right to control your own body, you also have a right to control what you make with it.

The English philosopher John Locke said that a person comes to own something by using it. So, if you turn an area that no-one else owns into a farm and use it, that area becomes your property. This is called the "homestead principle."

Libertarians also say that you can become a legitimate owner by receiving something as a gift or by trading it with someone for something they own. You do not become a legitimate owner by stealing. You also do not become a legitimate owner by simply saying you own something. If you have not "homesteaded" the thing or received it through trade or gift, you do not own it.

Libertarians are opposed to states (or governments) creating any "laws" that tell people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. The only legitimate laws are laws that say a person may not start violence against other people or their legitimate property. All "laws" stopping people from doing nonviolent things should be repealed, according to libertarians. (These "laws" are usually called "victimless crimes" because there is no victim if there is no theft.)

In most countries, the state (or government) takes tax money from the people. All libertarians support cutting taxes back, and some libertarians believe the state should not take tax money at all. Libertarians think people can take care of the poor without the government. They believe that people should pay for the things that they want to use, but not have to pay for other things that they do not want. Tax evasion (refusal to pay taxes to the state) is a victimless crime. Libertarians would prefer to see taxation replaced with lotteries, user fees, and endowments.

Many libertarians also believe that families and friends should look after people so that they will not use drugs, drive without seat belts, or do other things that are dangerous for them. But no one can force others to do things that they do not want to do, or to stop them from doing nonviolent things that they want to do.

oh k cool then sick of fukin taxes anyways