"Don't hate me because i'm beautiful . . ." | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"Don't hate me because i'm beautiful . . ."

I don't think beautiful people should be hated, anymore than the next person should be hated, but I do think that if someone has both beauty and a weaker character/inflated ego, that they can be some of the most insufferable people to be around. Why? Because they have little to no empathy or humility, and life tends to revolve around them and their needs.

But to be fair, this can occur with people who aren't beautiful as well. You can be exceptionally talented in the arts, or sports, or have a high intellectual ability, too, and still act this way. If you take pride in those things (and that talent consumes you) then you can be really snotty and not a nice person in general to be around. And I think we've all met those types of folks. Lol!

Thing is, humility can make all the difference in the world. When a person realizes that there are others who are as equally talented or beautiful or smart or gifted or sporty, or even realize and appreciate folks who are better (or worse) than them, and when it no longer becomes a "competition" with them, then those folks become inspirations rather than frustrations.

Arby, that was so beautifully explained.

Arby, that was so beautifully explained.
:md: :m032:

Aww! Thanks, RL love. :) I only wish the world would see it - it would be a much nicer place, if we all lived this way, but it's difficult to. We all want to be represented and thought of as "important" by our peers. But really, is it that important to be recognized, if it detracts from someone else's accomplishments, abilities, and self-worth?

Dare I say this? Ok then. My boyfriend is one of the 'beautiful people'. But I long since stopped looking at his face and looked at his heart instead which eclipses the physical appearance tenfold. His smile makes the world change orbit for me, but it's got nothing to do with perfect teeth. It's the energy he projects. Jealousy and infatuation follow him wherever he goes, it seems people can't understand how one person gets dealt all the good chips in life. Some want to bring him down and others want to possess him like a toy.

I rather think it's a blessing in life to possess unique looks, you don't attract so much attention that way as your appeal is not universal. People love you for the uniqueness that you are, rather than for the fantasy you represent. Pretty people have a much harder time finding someone who wants to know what's on the inside because the outside casts a glamour.

Dare I say this? Ok then. My boyfriend is one of the 'beautiful people'. But I long since stopped looking at his face and looked at his heart instead which eclipses the physical appearance tenfold. His smile makes the world change orbit for me, but it's got nothing to do with perfect teeth. It's the energy he projects. Jealousy and infatuation follow him wherever he goes, it seems people can't understand how one person gets dealt all the good chips in life. Some want to bring him down and others want to possess him like a toy.

I rather think it's a blessing in life to possess unique looks, you don't attract so much attention that way as your appeal is not universal. People love you for the uniqueness that you are, rather than for the fantasy you represent. Pretty people have a much harder time finding someone who wants to know what's on the inside because the outside casts a glamour.
Quoting for wisdom

Perhaps it comes from a 'they couldn't possible like me' so 'I'm gonna pre-emptively hate them' kinda thing

Last edited:
Reactions: DoveAlexa
It's hard being so pretty people just want me for my body :(

But seriously, I agree with what arby said. When it comes with an inflated ego, it's completely insufferable.

Meh I think inflated egos are not really a price of attractiveness, I find unattractive people with inflated egos to be even more insufferable, being treated poorly by someone who is hot as hell I can at least be like "damn she was hot"