Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Why can't they?

Because if there were two gay men they could get it on, or at least form a relationship and that WOULD be distracting.

You do realize that relationships happen in the military all the time, right? I have several friends who have been in the army for a number of years and the amount of relationship drama they go through is quite shocking actually. Also the key word is could. If someone were to do something like that, regardless of who they are, they would be dealt with acordingly.

Why would gay people want to join the army anyway? Lol.

Why would gay people want to join the army anyway? Lol.

Because they want to serve their country. There are many many other possible reasons as well, and they are completely independent of being gay.

Because they want to serve their country. There are many many other possible reasons as well, and they are completely independent of being gay.

Well if the military doesn't want them, why must they persist? Even if this shit passes they'll still persecute you.

Well if the military doesn't want them, why must they persist? Even if this shit passes they'll still persecute you.
Why should discrimination be accepted?

Why should discrimination be accepted?

It's in all of us since our primitive ancestors were in this world. It won't change. Now, if these guys don't want you, why do you persist. Find something else to do.

The early stages of desegregation weren't all that pleasant either. But people through it, because they were future-oriented, not focusing on the individual, momentary difficulties.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
It's in all of us since our primitive ancestors were in this world. It won't change. Now, if these guys don't want you, why do you persist. Find something else to do.
So people should base their decisions off of the wants of other people? They should accept these other people's desires based on discrimination over something such as sexual orientation?

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Because if there were two gay men they could get it on, or at least form a relationship and that WOULD be distracting.

So heterosexual men can talk about their relationships in social settings, attend clubs without fear, etc?. If they get to talk about said subjects which can be equally distracting, why shouldn't homosexuals?. They have the right to express who they like without having fear of being kicked out.

To the comments on why a gay person would want to attend the military, its their choice and if they choose to fight for their country is it independent of their sexuality. I personally do not agree with military enrollment, but I know plenty of heterosexuals who also feel this way. You are mixing 2 things that are entirely different.

The thing to remember here is that homosexuals are essentially no different than their heterosexual counterparts (other than that whole shared experience thing, which, really, doesn;t amount to much). The only thing her is we only make up 5% of the population, and are thus seen as odd, and oddities are, for one reason or another, given lower regard. Beyond that, our minds work essentially the same, and thus act remarkably similarly. Nothing would change if DADT goes away.

Ugh.

I hate the fact that it's became a cult, a religion, a lifestyle, rather than being accepted as a simple biological factor like 'I'm white and six foot three'.

It's as ridiculous as saying 'all gingers are aggressive'.

It winds me up something shocking.

Thats why I respect, guys like Indy and N.V, you don't feel you need to adhere to this perception of homosexuals, as if it were a club or movement.

It has very little affect other than to dictate attraction or encourage femininity I guess.

'I'm white and six foot three'.

When I glanced at this incredibly briefly I thought you were admitting you were a white sox fan.

When I glanced at this incredibly briefly I thought you were admitting you were a white sox fan.

Whats that? You're a fan of brief sex with white socks?

So ban inter-military relationships.

BOOM! Problem solved.

Reactions: NaeturVindur
why don't female and male servicemembers share barracks?

why don't female and male servicemembers share barracks?

I hated when people look at this in an entirely sexual manner. You have to understand that most homosexuals don't fall for every guy they see, which is something a lot of homophobes don't understand as for some reason they are always afraid to interact with them. I am not against males and females sharing barracks, but you have to understand that in the military the primary concern is not the formation of relationships, at least it shouldn't be. If they form, then they can't be helped but what the gay community is fighting for is the ability to just be themselves. Why should the straight male be able to talk about his girlfriend he left while the homosexual can't even mentioned the word ''boyfriend''. Why should the straight male be able to go to a club and the homosexual not be able to go to a gay bar?. You may think all of this issues are small but they pop up when least expect and in the end just the slightest of evidence on your sexual orientation is enough to get you kicked. How is this fair?.

Recently I've read a story on a lesbian nurse. She served her country, saved a lot of lives. She was a leader in her area. People find out she's a lesbian, she gets kicked. Instead of focusing on a persons sexual orientation so much, why don't we focus on the actions the person took as a human being. In the end, should it matter that she's a lesbian if she could be saving your life for all you know it?

Also why don't male and female servicemen share barracks? It seems like a pretty good question to me.

Also why don't male and female servicemen share barracks? It seems like a pretty good question to me.

Females are in the minority in the military, and are on average physically weaker than males. Sexual harassment would ensue, with the occasional gang rape.