Does your avatar affect the way you post? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Does your avatar affect the way you post?

Wow, you guys really like pissing off Indigo... o.o

Yes... yes they do. It's cause I am a bit of a slave driver behind the scenes :whip:.

I pretty much just copied pink/fluffy/loveygoo but did not find anything suitable, so I went with pink, fluffy and lovey.

Although, the former did turn up this:

il_fullxfull.72834824.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH WHAT IS THAAAAT MY EYEEESSS MUST RESIST

*cough* anyway.

I tend to put up avatars which make me happy to look at. It has no relevance on my writing style or thought process though.

On the other hand it may influence what others think of me... but I don't really think about it. I tend to gravitate towards either lovely, interesting, or humorous, with a strong magnetism for fluffiness. XD

But maybe it does effect the way I post - if I only put up avis which make me feel a bit of joy, maybe I'm less inclined to be overly serious or depressing?
I might have to think on this a bit.
This. XD I only put avatars (well, so far an avatar) that makes me really happy and go "awwwww" when posting it. xD

Reactions: DoveAlexa
Yea, it often reminds me of the original inspiration that caused me to choose the avatar. How much influence that happens to have, depends on the avatar and the inspiration that chose it.

I very rarely change my own avatar, so I don't know.

With other people? Doubt it. Usually the first avatar I see them with sticks (i.e. I make a judgment based on what that person had when I first saw them post), so it's hard to tease apart the effects of the avatar from the user.

My avatars usually affect the way i'm feeling, so in some sense, they indirectly affect the way i post. The topics i post about when i'm using an avatar usually reflective of the mood i'm in.

Last edited:
I get concerned that people will forget who I am if I change my avatar, so I tend to stick to one for forever. It took me a while to get to one I liked well enough though.

It doesn't effect how I post, but I think I've effected people veiwing my posts because the bunny is so cute its distracting ;D.

I get concerned that people will forget who I am if I change my avatar, so I tend to stick to one for forever. It took me a while to get to one I liked well enough though.

It doesn't effect how I post, but I think I've effected people veiwing my posts because the bunny is so cute its distracting ;D.

I worried about that, briefly.
Then I realized that Lumi Spitsbergen might just be long and distinct enough that no one would confuzzle me with any other Lumis, or Loonies out there.

I'm fairly confident that we would all recognize your unique name and distinctive post style regardless of whether or not you changed your avi.

I worried about that, briefly.
Then I realized that Lumi Spitsbergen might just be long and distinct enough that no one would confuzzle me with any other Lumis, or Loonies out there.

I'm fairly confident that we would all recognize your unique name and distinctive post style regardless of whether or not you changed your avi.
By distingtive do you mean psychotic? Thats is true, you rarely forget a psychopath tearing through your internets. Mwhaha.

nope. i'd be the same with a different avatar, and my attitude towards people is based primarily on their words, not their forum image. i enjoy interesting avatars for the visual aspect though!

By distingtive do you mean psychotic? Thats is true, you rarely forget a psychopath tearing through your internets. Mwhaha.

Wait - psychopath?
Ack! How is it that I never notice these things until someone hits me over the head with it?

Naw, you know what I meant. You'd still be you regardless of whether or not you're too chicken to change your avi. =p

Wait - psychopath?
Ack! How is it that I never notice these things until someone hits me over the head with it?

Naw, you know what I meant. You'd still be you regardless of whether or not you're too chicken to change your avi. =p
Or I can just animate the current avi again with a few frames of a different avi. Hehe, maybe make a 5 pics-in-one avi.

Or I can just animate the current avi again with a few frames of a different avi. Hehe, maybe make a 5 pics-in-one avi.
Go for it. That's why I love the avitars, people can be who they want to be - and stop when they want to. :mhula:

I've been looking for a way to show off several pictures at once without having a signiture.
Indy's head might explode though.

I've been looking for a way to show off several pictures at once without having a signiture.
Indy's head might explode though.

Just make sure to clean up the mess afterwards.