[ENFP] - Does she like me? Do you guys ever take a week alone time from someone you love? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

[ENFP] Does she like me? Do you guys ever take a week alone time from someone you love?

This is how it goes with her, unfortunately. I can't shake the hope/idea that this will all somehow turn out okay.

That song is far better than I expected.

I plan on spending anywhere from $200-$300 in clothing before I leave. Also, can I just say that you're exactly how I imagine ENTJs to be.

I was 198 at the doctor a few weeks ago...I was horrified I was almost 200.
I understand. Fat is usually not attractive to people. :/ I guess when you spend your life big, you learn to see past it? Idk. I never liked the stereotypical looking "hot" guy. I'm weird though. You're smart to get healthier, @Pin is right. As usual. :p

Honestly, I think that most women prefer honesty and directness. I don't text much either, I get to the point and make my intentions clear.

I assure you, you don't have to jump through hoops once you've got your shit together.

It gets better.

You're a man!
Ha, I certainly know that. I even checked last night! Yup, little Jimmy is still there :)

It's a shame, isn't it? Whenever I have any sort of connection with an INFJ in any sort of romantic way (this is the second one I've had), I feel like no other person will ever understand me as well as an INFJ will, and I just...it's hard to explain. I feel like it's just "my type", per se.
I think it is because of the way we understand. Because we understand so many things so deeply... its just natural to us. Idk.. I can't really explain it either. I'm sure someone else could. I never was really good at explaining things.

I think it is because of the way we understand. Because we understand so many things so deeply... its just natural to us. Idk.. I can't really explain it either. I'm sure someone else could. I never was really good at explaining things.
I don't know. I just think I want to marry an INFJ, simply for the banter, ya know?

LMFAOOOOO

Was certainly selling myself short, there. But what kind of man can't make a joke about himself on the internet.

I don't know. I just think I want to marry an INFJ, simply for the banter, ya know?

Was certainly selling myself short, there. But what kind of man can't make a joke about himself on the internet.
Well just remember that all INFJs are not created equal! Lol... and also, yeah I got it... haha I love that you had the courage to say that in public for a laugh! You're definitely not insecure lolol. Its so great though! I could never just walk up to some guy (maybe I could a girl, if I was really into her, females are different... lol) and ask him out. Great for you! And Idk about other INFJs, but this group here is ALL about some banter. It is one of my favorite things about this site. We talk shit all day long here and laugh our asses off. It's so great lol.

Nothing warms my heart quite like strategic consumerism.

Ha!

Care to explain? :tearsofjoy:
All about that power and respect. Exactly how I imagined it. Why the heck are you on a site for INFJs, though?
Well just remember that all INFJs are not created equal! Lol... and also, yeah I got it... haha I love that you had the courage to say that in public for a laugh! You're definitely not insecure lolol. Its so great though! I could never just walk up to some guy (maybe I could a girl, if I was really into her, females are different... lol) and ask him out. Great for you! And Idk about other INFJs, but this group here is ALL about some banter. It is one of my favorite things about this site. We talk shit all day long here and laugh our asses off. It's so great lol.
She's just so positive and affirming. She's so sweet and if I ever have a problem emotionally, I know I can count on her to understand and help me through it. Ugh, it's crazy.

Hello! You can call me Tooth and I'm fairly new in this community. I register as an INFJ but I regularly retake the MBTI and have been typed as ENFJ and INTJ. I am very close to a lot of NT types. They are in fact the closest to me in my life so it may not be surprising how so much of the NT habits have rubbed off on me somewhat. All in all, I register more as an INFJ.

Regarding your post, I am with @JennyDaniella in saying that she is not in love with you. An INFJ in love tends to be obsessive. We know everything about you and likewise, we become transparent to you. While I understand what @sassafras is saying because I too have those moments, I would still remain transparent to you. If you are important to me but am unsure about how I feel or if there is a circumstance that is making me think twice about every thing but still see you romantically, I still wouldn't do anything that would make you doubt me. I will secure your trust to every extent. If she always makes sure to include you in her life in any way despite the distance and the time apart, you might do best to hold tight. Wait it out and see.

If anything, I would say to put a brake on your feelings and wait until when you are physically together which is in two months. Long distance courtship is hard regardless of mbti so bonding when you are next to each other would be more realistic and you might get a better gauge by then. For all you know, you may not like her as much when you are with her in person. Thus, I think she is right to want to take things slow. She may not necessarily be fucking someone else (in Pin's words) but she is not that into you, yet, and perhaps for good reasons too. I do however agree that the whole no jealousy with the friend is a little odd. I wouldn't even introduce you to my friend yet if I wanted to be sure about you but that's me and I don't know much about her culture and personal preferences. Note that while I wouldn't introduce you to my friend, you would still now how important she is to me if I see you as very important to me too.

All in all, it's right to NOT wear your heart on your sleeve at this point so that is just reiterating what everybody else has already said. :)

Well...

I think that you can easily meet a great woman on one condition: you becoming a great man. I mean that in the traditional sense. Be physically strong, be the bread-winner, protect and provide.

Life is just simpler that way.

No, not entirely true Pin. While some girls are like this, an intellectually and emotionally mature man still ranks more important to some of us.

Yes, which is what I replied to. The last part of her quote is what I was referring to because it seems she isn't clear on what love is to her. Which is normal, us INFJs haven a tendency to ask too many what ifs... like... "What if I don't really love him? What if I don't know how to love and trust? What if I really do love him and he might hurt me? Etc... lol. I think everyone does that, but INFJs do it to an extreme level sometimes... lol.

Yes, this is true and accurate but like I said above, we would still go out of our way to make you feel secure.

All about that power and respect. Exactly how I imagined it. Why the heck are you on a site for INFJs, though?

She's just so positive and affirming. She's so sweet and if I ever have a problem emotionally, I know I can count on her to understand and help me through it. Ugh, it's crazy.

Yup. That is true for most INFJs and if she makes sure to make you feel that way then you truly matter to her. There is intimacy and that is good, but do not go overboard with possessive antics and jealousy or I guarantee she will run away. However, to know that you are special and more than just matter to her, she would be very comfortable with you and not have any guards up.

Hello! You can call me Tooth and I'm fairly new in this community. I register as an INFJ but I regularly retake the MBTI and have been typed as ENFJ and INTJ. I am very close to a lot of NT types. They are in fact the closest to me in my life so it may not be surprising how so much of the NT habits have rubbed off on me somewhat. All in all, I register more as an INFJ.

Regarding your post, I am with @JennyDaniella in saying that she is not in love with you. An INFJ in love tends to be obsessive. We know everything about you and likewise, we become transparent to you. While I understand what @sassafras is saying because I too have those moments, I would still remain transparent to you. If you are important to me but am unsure about how I feel or if there is a circumstance that is making me think twice about every thing but still see you romantically, I still wouldn't do anything that would make you doubt me. I will secure your trust to every extent. If she always makes sure to include you in her life in any way despite the distance and the time apart, you might do best to hold tight. Wait it out and see.

If anything, I would say to put a brake on your feelings and wait until when you are physically together which is in two months. Long distance courtship is hard regardless of mbti so bonding when you are next to each other would be more realistic and you might get a better gauge by then. For all you know, you may not like her as much when you are with her in person. Thus, I think she is right to want to take things slow. She may not necessarily be fucking someone else (in Pin's words) but she is not that into you, yet, and perhaps for good reasons too. I do however agree that the whole no jealousy with the friend is a little odd. I wouldn't even introduce you to my friend yet if I wanted to be sure about you but that's me and I don't know much about her culture and personal preferences. Note that while I wouldn't introduce you to my friend, you would still now how important she is to me if I see you as very important to me too.

All in all, it's right to NOT wear your heart on your sleeve at this point so that is just reiterating what everybody else has already said. :)

No, not entirely true Pin. While some girls are like this, an intellectually and emotionally mature man still ranks more important to some of us.

Yes, this is true and accurate but like I said above, we would still go out of our way to make you feel secure.
Very, very true!!!!!!! All of it!

Man... Fuck if I know.

Seriously though, I like and have grown pretty close with many people here. Also, I am a better person for posting here than I would be if I never did. If I never posted here I would be far more confused about my personal values.

Man... Fuck if I know.

Seriously though, I like and have grown pretty close with many people here. Also, I am a better person for posting here than I would be if I never did. If I never posted here I would be far more confused about my personal values.
We love you too, @Pin ;)

Honestly, nothing she has done has made me doubt her really. Her criticism of my personality was correct, and I don't doubt that. Her disappearing for a week or two at a time is generally totally fine by me, and she's really the only person I wouldn't totally write off for doing that if there was any kind of flirting between us...in other words, if I talked intimately with another girl like I did with her, and they just disappeared for a week or two, I'd be pretty much done with them, but for her...it's okay. I don't know why.

So how should my behavior change? Should I be aloof? Not show how much affection I have for her? I'm not understanding. My default emotional state is heart not on my sleeve, but on my arm itself, so acting otherwise is sort of...new to me.
Yup. That is true for most INFJs and if she makes sure to make you feel that way then you truly matter to her. There is intimacy and that is good, but do not go overboard with possessive antics and jealousy or I guarantee she will run away. However, to know that you are special and more than just matter to her, she would be very comfortable with you and not have any guards up.

I know. It's just hard for me to accept that I'm too optimistic and it will be my downfall.

Man... Fuck if I know.

LOL. Me too, Pin, me too. I mean i'm not as close yet to a lot of people but I feel somewhat at home here. I also see myself from a different perspective. I realize that even INFJs are very different from each other, it's fascinating. I am also learning a lot and growing. I receive validation which is enough but not too much so you're in a good place @HorsesIncorporated

Honestly, nothing she has done has made me doubt her really. Her criticism of my personality was correct, and I don't doubt that. Her disappearing for a week or two at a time is generally totally fine by me, and she's really the only person I wouldn't totally write off for doing that if there was any kind of flirting between us...in other words, if I talked intimately with another girl like I did with her, and they just disappeared for a week or two, I'd be pretty much done with them, but for her...it's okay. I don't know why.

So how should my behavior change? Should I be aloof? Not show how much affection I have for her? I'm not understanding. My default emotional state is heart not on my sleeve, but on my arm itself, so acting otherwise is sort of...new to me.

I know. It's just hard for me to accept that I'm too optimistic and it will be my downfall.
[/QUOTE]

Ah this is very INFJ of me to say but go on and enjoy this happiness that you feel. You will not always be in a position where you are healthy, trusting, and loving and all in all this is a good place. So, go on being yourself and act as you feel. If you want to call it love, then love as you must.

By not wearing your heart on your sleeve, I mean that be ready for the pain. One day, this will either go up in flames or something sturdy and worthwhile would grow from it. It's either that or that. That easy. Figure out the range of possibilities and if the negative outcome is something you can live with, proceed. By all means, proceed. But proceed knowing that it can very well hurt badly.

Of course, before all that, duly remind yourself of your limits because it can be very easy for us to throw our values away when we tend to get selfless and foolish in love. Know the crap you would never take and be cautious in case she ever gives any of it to you.

Just letting you know. Your replies are located within her quoted reply. :)

Thanks for the heads up, April!