Does any good come from contradicting someone's reality? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Does any good come from contradicting someone's reality?

I don't believe it's my buisiness to change anyone's opinion, it's not up to me to try and micro-manage another person's mind...

and I certainly don't enjoy it when it happens to me.

I love to hear people's opinions, if I want to offer my own, then I will.

If it turns into a respectful debate / discussion experience then great,

and if I begin to feel uncomfortable, I become bored with yr company and withdraw so u can talk away as much as u want...

O look, is that chocolate?... yea, it might look like something like that, lol

I don't believe it's my buisiness to change anyone's opinion, it's not up to me to try and micro-manage another person's mind...

and I certainly don't enjoy it when it happens to me.

I love to hear people's opinions, if I want to offer my own, then I will.

If it turns into a respectful debate / discussion experience then great,

and if I begin to feel uncomfortable, I become bored with yr company and withdraw so u can talk away as much as u want...

Ditto. I'm not against voicing opinions... I'm just annoyed when people get pushy with their perceptions spewing vomitous rhetoric. Under those clashes of ego all I usually hear is "My truth is better than your truth!" etc.

I used to walk around and try to change everyone's world views, then It got boring because I was getting ostracized as being an overbearing douchebag. I rapidly began to figure out that people are going to believe whatever it is they want to believe. And its just not worth the being pissed off all the time trying to change that. It will never change. Once I did that I found a general acceptance for people I didnt want to converse with often and I wasnt so threatend by thier (wrong) opinion. Notice I am still acting the same way? I know thier OPINION is wrong... lol but I dont tell them I just let them believe it and try to find what we have in common that we can bond over and if there is any way we can profit from knowing one and other. Once I started doing that I started seeing people more as a group of assets I can associate with and get to know, as opposed to seeing people as out to get me with thier fucked up ideas and beliefs. Its enriched my life to a great deal. And It makes me come off more as an extrovert to people I am dealing with which is good because people generally like extroverts, I know I do.

Anyway, there really is no good to trying to change peoples reality, it just makes the person pushing look like an a-hole. Let people believe what they want, in life there must be soldiers, as well as generals and bishops.

It isn't worth the effort to try to change someones opinion.

Informing someone though, is something else entirely. That I do every single chance I get. The thing is though, it is hard to tell the difference between trying to change someone, and just simply telling your opinion. You often need an external observer to tell you how you came across.

It . The thing is though, it is hard to tell the difference between trying to change someone, and just simply telling your opinion. You often need an external observer to tell you how you came across.

Very true.