Do You Wash Your Hands After Bathroom | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do You Wash Your Hands After Bathroom

Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

• Total voters
If you don't pressure wash, sand blast, and disinfect the bathroom with UV, take a shower and burn your clothes after a hot and steamy d00k, you got AIDS.

Reactions: the and Free
If you don't pressure wash, sand blast, and disinfect the bathroom with UV, take a shower and burn your clothes after a hot and steamy d00k, you got AIDS.

A hot steamy d00k...........hotsteamyd00k............I definitely got AIDS some time in January. =|

Reactions: Free
It depends on if I am excited to see the person I'm going to talk to next.

I wash, but don't use soap with no 1. I touch stuff everyday that has way more germs on it than my penis. If you think you need to spent the suggested two minutes washing with hot water and soap, just after a pee, you really should be doing the same for every handshake, every time you touch a surface that hasn't just been cleaned, every time you pet an animal or play with your child.

Why not take care of all of that at once if you're in the bathroom anyway? Especially if you are in the bathroom and clearly know your hands are dirty?

I wash, but don't use soap with no 1. I touch stuff everyday that has way more germs on it than my penis. If you think you need to spent the suggested two minutes washing with hot water and soap, just after a pee, you really should be doing the same for every handshake, every time you touch a surface that hasn't just been cleaned, every time you pet an animal or play with your child.

Absolutely. I have been sick working where I work more times in my life than ever before 10 fold. Easy. People wanting to shake my hand constantly. So I used disinfectant after every handshake though sometimes I forget.

Ew germs! Waaaaa!

Where is everyone who never washes their hands? Come on, I know you're out there.

I work with a woman who never washes her hands. She makes a point to run the water for like 3 seconds, so it sounds like she quickly washes, but she never actually does!! When I caught her once and gave her the side eye she told me she only washes at home.

I've seen this woman prepare food, I've gone to restaurants with her, I've been in her home...

The non-washers are out there and they could be anyone.

I work with a woman who never washes her hands. She makes a point to run the water for like 3 seconds, so it sounds like she quickly washes, but she never actually does!! When I caught her once and gave her the side eye she told me she only washes at home.

I've seen this woman prepare food, I've gone to restaurants with her, I've been in her home...

:-(

I wash my hands when I need to, and before handling or preparing food.

She makes a point to run the water for like 3 seconds, so it sounds like she quickly washes, but she never actually does!!

What's worse than not washing your hands - and I don't think it's that terrible - is when people pretend to wash them. I really don't understand the mentality of someone who goes through the trouble of even wetting their hands, and not add the extra minimal effort to actually use soap.

What's worse than not washing your hands - and I don't think it's that terrible - is when people pretend to wash them. I really don't understand the mentality of someone who goes through the trouble of even wetting their hands, and not add the extra minimal effort to actually use soap.

Seriously. At that point why even bother? If you can't be bothered to wash your hands, just own it. If you're so self conscious about the stigma of washing after using the bathroom maybe you should just wash them then like a normal freaking person.

Nightmare fuel.

Reactions: Free and invisible
I find it amusing how people bring up how filthy everything is. That's more reason to wash, not less.

Nightmare fuel.

That’s why I always ate at the Cafeteria on days where there was a potluck in the OR…thanks but no thanks…even nurses are not that much more conscious of sanitation while cooking.
That was my first class when I went to Culinary school - how not to kill someone.

That’s why I always ate at the Cafeteria on days where there was a potluck in the OR…thanks but no thanks…even nurses are not that much more conscious of sanitation while cooking.
That was my first class when I went to Culinary school - how not to kill someone.

I think people misunderstand sanitation.

You don't wash to avoid picking up filth - if you have to wash then the filth is already on you anyway. You wash to avoid putting it back down elsewhere.

If people don't understand, they should ask themselves why doorknobs are dirty in the first place.

I think people misunderstand sanitation.

You don't wash to avoid picking up filth - if you have to wash then the filth is already on you anyway. You wash to avoid putting it back down elsewhere.

If people don't understand, they should ask themselves why doorknobs are dirty in the first place.

OK. Think we got it. Who is arguing otherwise???

OK. Think we got it. Who is arguing otherwise???

Jacobi did earlier.

Edit:
Also I wasn't trying to make anyone "get it", I was affirming what we know to illustrate the point.

Last edited:
Why not take care of all of that at once if you're in the bathroom anyway? Especially if you are in the bathroom and clearly know your hands are dirty?

Absolutely. I have been sick working where I work more times in my life than ever before 10 fold. Easy. People wanting to shake my hand constantly. So I used disinfectant after every handshake though sometimes I forget.

I suppose the problem is, if I get to the stage where I feel the need to scrub after every little thing, it's only a few small steps to being a germophobe.

I suppose the problem is, if I get to the stage where I feel the need to scrub after every little thing, it's only a few small steps to being a germophobe.
Washing after a bathroom break is hardly extreme though. It's good for everything you've touched up to that point, not just the past 30 seconds.

Also people not washing their hands after touching stuff is the main reason people need to wash their hands after touching stuff.

Last edited:
Washing after a bathroom break is hardly extreme though. It's good for everything you've touched up to that point, not just the past 30 seconds.

Also people not washing their hands after touching stuff is the main reason people need to wash their hands after touching stuff.

And what about all the other dirt you accrue over the course of a day? Do you need to wash them again straight away after touching somebody else or petting your cat? You'll be coming into contact with more people and surfaces after that, spreading the germs.

And I do wash my hands after no 1. I just don't spend the recommended two minutes scrubbing them with soap.

And what about all the other dirt you accrue over the course of a day? Do you need to wash them again straight away after touching somebody else or petting your cat? You'll be coming into contact with more people and surfaces after that, spreading the germs.

And I do wash my hands after no 1. I just don't spend the recommended two minutes scrubbing them with soap.

You don't accrue dirt over the course of a day, you accrue dirt between washings. It effectively gets reset.

If I pet my cat after washing my hands I only spread cat germs. If I pet my cat without washing my hands, I spread cat germs plus everything else not to mention putting all of that on my cat too.