Do You Wash Your Hands After Bathroom | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Do You Wash Your Hands After Bathroom

Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

• Total voters
You don't accrue dirt over the course of a day, you accrue dirt between washings. It effectively gets reset.

If I pet my cat after washing my hands I only spread cat germs. If I pet my cat without washing my hands, I spread cat germs plus everything else not to mention putting all of that on my cat too.

And the cat germs you spread? Shouldn't you wash your hands straight away so as not to spread them. Just because they've reset when you wash with soap doesn't stop them from already spreading to all of the people you come into contact with. Who will, if they don't immediately wash after touching you, spread those cat germs on to other people.

Suggesting that you only wash when using the toilet is merely stopgap. If you spread less germs from washing after urinating, then you'd spread even less if you washed every hour, or every half hour or every ten minutes.

And the cat germs you spread? Shouldn't you wash your hands straight away so as not to spread them. Just because they've reset when you wash with soap doesn't stop them from already spreading to all of the people you come into contact with. Who will, if they don't immediately wash after touching you, spread those cat germs on to other people.

Suggesting that you only wash when using the toilet is merely stopgap. If you spread less germs from washing after urinating, then you'd spread even less if you washed every hour, or every half hour or every ten minutes.

And nobody is claiming otherwise.

Why are you taking this to extremes that aren't meant to be?

If you keep following this line of reason pretty soon we won't need to take showers either.

Edit:
Not to mention that I never suggested that you wash ONLY after using the toilet anyway so that's a bit of a strawman there.

Last edited:
And nobody is claiming otherwise.

Why are you taking this to extremes that aren't meant to be?

If you keep following this line of reason pretty soon we won't need to take showers either.

I didn't think I was really taking it to extremes. The point I'm trying to make is the difference of regular washing every time after urinating (around every four hours) and regular washing after fecal excrement (around every eight hours) is not significant enough to warrant more than a quick wash of the hands.

And if you think it does, if you think the accruement of dirt is a such a problem, then shouldn't it be every hour or half hour, rather than four.

I didn't think I was really taking it to extremes. The point I'm trying to make is the difference of regular washing every time after urinating (around every four hours) and regular washing after fecal excrement (around every eight hours) is not significant enough to warrant more than a quick wash of the hands.

And if you think it does, if you think the accruement of dirt is a such a problem, then shouldn't it be every hour or half hour, rather than four.

I was arguing against the idea that washing is made pointless by touching other things, and also against the idea that washing after using the bathroom makes you a clean freak.

I never actually said that you have to wash for a full two minutes every time and I wasn't even talking about that.

I was arguing against the idea that washing is made pointless by touching other things, and also against the idea that washing after using the bathroom makes you a clean freak.

I never actually said that you have to wash for a full two minutes every time and I wasn't even talking about that.

And I wasn't trying to argue that washing after urinating is pointless, but that it's not hugely necessary.

So yeah. I think we can agree not to disagree.

And I wasn't trying to argue that washing after urinating is pointless, but that it's not hugely necessary.

So yeah. I think we can agree not to disagree.

Well right now I'm just annoyed that my throat is itching and if it turns out somebody made me sick, I'm going to be mad.

I suppose the problem is, if I get to the stage where I feel the need to scrub after every little thing, it's only a few small steps to being a germophobe.

I think most people have control over that. In my case I simply know part of what makes me sick and take what precautions I can.

Where are the people who are pissing and shitting on thier hands... oh here you all are.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
I am a wash-your-hands Nazi.

And then you clap.

my face

61718521.jpg

luzi pees in the shower after he's done shaving his legs

Change title of thread to: Do you lick your hands after using the bathroom?

(Don't mind me, just attempting to entertain myself.)

That's actually a good question hypothetically. If one believes their hands are clean, they should be able to lick them immediately. And rub them all over their face and their food and somebody else's food too.

That's actually a good question hypothetically. If one believes their hands are clean, they should be able to lick them immediately. And rub them all over their face and their food and somebody else's food too.

I typically just bypass the whole hands thing and go about placing my penis in people's food...

Reactions: the