Do you trust yourself?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Do you trust yourself?

If I have to I would :)

If one's capacity for self-delusion is essentially inexhaustable, surely there can be no trust?

It could make life surprising, except that one's treacherous nature tends to an habitual modus operandi. And still... hah. One can be surprised at one's perpetual self-betrayal in the face of that optimism that one is - this time - doing it 'different'.

I trust myself quite a bit. I wouldn't be me, or be able to function if I didn't.

It is because I have a very high degree of self control, and I never cross it willingly unless I know the outcome (and if it is worth it or not). I have to remain in control of myself and to an extent my environment. If I have this, it fosters trust, therefore I trust myself. I know myself well, so I know what I can and can not do, and what I will like do in certain circumstances. Situations where I know something would go awry, or I know I would mess up, I will not do. It is that idea that makes me trust myself. As I will avoid things that would mess something up. Of course, it doesn't go so far that I become cocky. This process is active, not passive, so I always pratice it and it doesn't become automatic, which could lead to a problem

Overall yes. I go through constant cycles of weighing past decisions and motives to make sure they were truly honorable. I find that I tend to err on the side of caution in most things. Ones actions should be of honorable intent and possess no motivation to further ones own gain at the expense of another.

Less so than I should. It may be the line I walk has gotten a lot thinner and I just need to get used to the new curve ball in this game of life

I cannot trust myself in whole as I am in a constant flux of change but I do trust my ability to bounce back and adapt.

I trust myself on the deepest level and I believe it is necessary to be able to trust other people and live a balanced life. You already know all you need to know, you just have to listen to yourself attentively

Skathac said:
Overall yes. I go through constant cycles of weighing past decisions and motives to make sure they were truly honorable. I find that I tend to err on the side of caution in most things. Ones actions should be of honorable intent and possess no motivation to further ones own gain at the expense of another.

very nice!

i trust that noone will look out for me as much as i will.

how can you not trust yourself? i think a better question would be do you doubt yourself?

and that's a tricky question for me to answer. i do and i don't. depends on what.

I don't trust much that comes fresh out of my mind. I'll question my thoughts repeatedly, but the results at the end of the massacre tend to be trustworthy. I'm not sure that I'd want to trust any of my feelings either without applying the same approach - but why would I ever want to massacre my feelings?
:m181:

Last edited:
I trust myself to twist facts to fit my preconceived notions, so I continually re-evaluate my conclusions and listen to the little voice inside me that tells me when I don't have a firm conclusion. That little voice is all I really trust.

I think I trust myself to know what's right for me vs. what others think is good for me. This was not easy to learn or accept, since most of my experiences growing up taught me to trust what others thought about me vs. my own opinion of myself.

Reactions: Morgain
I think I trust myself to know what's right for me vs. what others think is good for me. This was not easy to learn or accept, since most of my experiences growing up taught me to trust what others thought about me vs. my own opinion of myself.

this is true.
i guess i understand what this thread is asking.
i usually weigh as many sides of the situation as possible before moving forwards, so i think that i do trust my way of thinking quite a bit.

i guess my answer to this thread is a resounding YES.

now if only i could get myself to doubt my importance a little less.