Do you trust God to take care of you? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you trust God to take care of you?

How do you trust God?

• If by "God" you mean my projection of Self onto a divine being, then yes, I trust "God".

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I trust Him everyday. That's why I'm such a nervous wreck. :D

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I trust Her everyday. That's why I'm such a nervous wreck. :wink:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God is in all of us. I trust the God in all of us to make the right choices.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm having trouble trusting God.

• I trust Evolution and Natural Selection.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • There are only two people I trust: my therapist and myself.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • There are gods. But yes, I do trust some or all of them to take care of things.

• There are gods, and no, I wouldn't trust them with my money, let alone my soul.

• I don't know. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. :)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
I take care of myself. At the end of my days, even considering those I've placed the most trust in, the only thing I can be sure of is that I will have myself... probably. Unless I go insane or something, then I won't be able to rely on myself, either.

I'm the same way, the only person you can trust/rely on entirely is yourself.

Do I really believe in God or the fear that he could exist. And do I trust God to take care of me? No I wouldn't. This thread reminds me of the joke, about the man who waited for God to save him from the flood,

Do I really believe in God or the fear that he could exist. And do I trust God to take care of me? No I wouldn't. This thread reminds me of the joke, about the man who waited for God to save him from the flood,

People do not tend to believe that God takes care of them (esp in a thorough way) until they are at the end of their ropes. But yes, God does provide lifelines, boats, swimming abilities, and the motivation to move. He also takes care of people, even when they are incompetent to take care of themselves, no? :wink:

I trust god to take care of herself. Me, I doubt she's knows I'm here. Not trying to be dramatic, but to see the shit I've seen. There isn't a god. At least not one that cares and can do anything about it.

Well of course not, no God is a good God if she's a woman! Being a God is a man's job!

And yes God does take care of me

People do not tend to believe that God takes care of them (esp in a thorough way) until they are at the end of their ropes. But yes, God does provide lifelines, boats, swimming abilities, and the motivation to move. He also takes care of people, even when they are incompetent to take care of themselves, no? :wink:

People give god to much credit, and don't place enough faith in themselves.

Yes, but I think that it does not mean that I sit and do nothing...

After doing some soul searching after getting out of the military two years ago, this is what I now believe. If I can't say weird and strange ideas amongst INFJs then where else can I say this... Of course almost non of my family and friends know this about me... but hey, here goes.

Reincarnation - Most people believe our souls are eternal. If this is true, why would we only come to earth once? Earth is a physical reality where we learn and gain experiences for our soul. This explains why people are gifted and talented at things that their parents aren't. This explains the complexity of people. Because you have lived so many lives (which you have chosen as a soul to forget so you can have an uninterupted unique experience.) Don't fear death or fear others because you will be back, probably many times. You are eternal.

God - We have created this existence to experience the illusion that we are seperate from God. God is everywhere, inside and outside all things including us. We are the physical manifestation of God hense "made in the image of God." God does not judge... God is love.

Future - The future is a combination of everyones choices. God does not control the future, we do. That can be scary but as you learn how to create the life you want by finding your power, it becomes much less scary.

Religion - set of rules devised by men who tryed to interpret God's words for less than enlighted people. Don't judge the people that live by religion because they are living an existence where they need an intermediary. But not everyone needs interpreters to connect with God.

God doesn't change right? Then why do the rules change in religion from society to society, over time, etc... If truth doesn't change, and God doesn't change, what's the real truth?! Look for commonalities accross religions. Don't look at rules or details. Look at the love of God, read Christ's words and try to be like him. Don't try to be like the appostles because they were not as enlightened as Jesus.

INFJs intuitively know there is more to reality than what society says. I thought I was completely strange by searching near death experiences, past life regressions, and much much more. But the truth is out there now that information is free and everywhere. Go find what feels right to you.

Absolutely.