Do you trust God to take care of you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you trust God to take care of you?

How do you trust God?

• If by "God" you mean my projection of Self onto a divine being, then yes, I trust "God".

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I trust Him everyday. That's why I'm such a nervous wreck. :D

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I trust Her everyday. That's why I'm such a nervous wreck. :wink:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God is in all of us. I trust the God in all of us to make the right choices.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm having trouble trusting God.

• I trust Evolution and Natural Selection.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • There are only two people I trust: my therapist and myself.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • There are gods. But yes, I do trust some or all of them to take care of things.

• There are gods, and no, I wouldn't trust them with my money, let alone my soul.

• I don't know. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. :)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
God takes care of things, period.

Whether or not you perceive things to happen in your favour, or that the outcomes are what you expected, is another story.

It is advantageous to have a positive outlook and to be trusting of God helping you through circumstances, though. At the same time, you cannot expect to rely on him to give you what you want. You need to take the positive action yourself towards your goals.

What about those of us who don't believe in any of humanity's five thousand plus gods?

What do you trust God to take care of?

What do you trust Him to help you with?

i don't expect god to take care of anything. that's what i'm supposed to be doing.
i believe i made my choices long before i came to this existance. i believe there are certain lessons i absolutely need to learn to move on in my spiritual 'foreverness'. i also believe that this never ends - that this mortal life is just one of an eternity of experiences.

i expect help with everything i ask for help with.
by the last statement i mean that i ask for help to make the right decisions, or to be able to handle whatever is coming. i don't ask for things to go my way. that's just a waste of a prayer if you ask me.

What about those of us who don't believe in any of humanity's five thousand plus gods?

Then "god" = fate, life, you, natural forces, random stuff happening, the unknown? Lol idk it's up to u. I personally am agnostic. I just see God as a force that the world spins around with. Like how particles are polarized and that stuff falls into the "God" category for me. Errthang is God, that's just my P.O.V; I feel I can't prove certain things so I just like using my imagination and feelings.

i expect help with everything i ask for help with.
by the last statement i mean that i ask for help to make the right decisions, or to be able to handle whatever is coming. i don't ask for things to go my way. that's just a waste of a prayer if you ask me.

It sounds logical for that to be a waste of prayer. I guess God will arrange things however He believes is best.

Then again, I benefit by conversing about my desires, even if the desire is that I want a certain outcome.

I used to believe in God and guardian angels and such, and in a way I'm glad I did and I think it was a lot easier to live that way... and I was going through that whole 'magical thinking' phase that teenagers go through.

Now I mostly just try to trust myself... which is probably what I was doing before, it's just that I'm being more honest about it now.

No, not really.

For me...I asked for companionship, essentially.
Stay with me.

I often fall to -asking- but oftentimes I realized it's not a good idea. (although yet I fell equally often to the lull of easiness.)
(ish of the belief that God will save those who saved themselves.)
(doesn't really like abusing the Ultimate GameShark(tm))
(feels like by asking God to take care of me, I'm lulling myself into another false sense of security...to the deity in question.)

Reactions: barbad0s
Nope, I don't believe in god so it is sorta hard to trust in something you don't believe in. I have to agree though that poll is rather limited and seems to be leaning towards the negative side stating that any believing in god is bad. I might not believe in god but that is my choice and if somebody else does and it helps them live a healthier and happier life, then to each their own.

Yes, I have trouble trusting Him sometimes, but it's my issue, not His. Trusting in what can be seen (the visible world) can be misleading vs. trusting God who we can't see physically everyday but is actually there with us everyday. Just because life may not work out the way I want or the way I think it should be doesn't mean He doesn't care. God's responsibility is not to indulge me. Trusting myself is kinda ridiculous, because I can't guarantee myself anything, nor do I deserve something just because I'm human. I consider myself privileged to have what I do have.

What kinda bullshit poll is this,

here lemme tell you a quip from today:

I was taking this idiotic liberal progressive racism/sexism/"non white male christian test" (for short), and one of the questions was this

If you had no other choice, and you had to shoot one person would it be:

A) An African American
B) A woman
C) A child
D) Yourself

Ok well i'm not even going to talk about how the hell those answers don't maek sense. Because your a bastard or an emo no matter what. However after taking the 190 question test only to find out I had to pay $30 to see the results I just quit.

On that topic I trust God

Trusting in what can be seen (the visible world) can be misleading vs. trusting God who we can't see physically everyday but is actually there with us everyday. Just because life may not work out the way I want or the way I think it should be doesn't mean He doesn't care. God's responsibility is not to indulge me. Trusting myself is kinda ridiculous, because I can't guarantee myself anything, nor do I deserve something just because I'm human. I consider myself privileged to have what I do have.

It's difficult for me not to trust God to take care of me, because what's going on in physical life is so deficient and unsatisfying if it were all the consolation I had to live for.

I guess we don't deserve anything, although he does promise to take care of us. It's amazing how my entire perspective can turn upside down when I realize just that one point.

I take care of myself. At the end of my days, even considering those I've placed the most trust in, the only thing I can be sure of is that I will have myself... probably. Unless I go insane or something, then I won't be able to rely on myself, either.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

I don't know.

I have noticed a pattern in my life though - every time I reach a point where I think things won't work out, when my life gets to a point where I start to think it is becoming unbearable, every time I feel like I am about to lose all hope and give up on everything together - something always shifts. Always. Opportunities arise right when I need them to the most. Solutions show themselves to me right when I need them the most. I don't know if this is a God thing. I don't know if it's just a plain old universe thing. I don't know if it's my own mind working to break through or if there's any sort of divine influence behind it.

I don't really believe in God in the way most religions talk about God. I don't know what I believe. But I do trust that things will always work out when I need them to the most and that comforts me.

Reactions: AKM
I trust that there is something watching over me. What exactly it is I have no idea. Could it be a God or Gods - possibly. Does it have to be God - no. Could it be something else that I cannot even fathom - absolutely. I know for a fact that it exists because I have experienced it. Something that saved my life and helped to heal me physically, mentally and emotionally. I know for an absolute fact that it exists. It was very much like that movie, "Peaceful Warrior". As a result of what happened to me I am truly in awe. I never would have believed it to be possible, but it is. It truly is.

I believe that the Creator and Mother Earth made it possible for me to be here. I trust them with my existance.

I think they trust me to do what I will with the gifts they have given me.

I expect Him to sit back and watch.

Reactions: Nixie
Have you considered the possibility that creation is a message board created for His amusement?

Have you considered the possibility that creation is a message board created for His amusement?

Sounds like something contemporary Greek Gods would do. Play with us mortals via technology :becky:

I trust that there is something watching over me. What exactly it is I have no idea. Could it be a God or Gods - possibly. Does it have to be God - no. Could it be something else that I cannot even fathom - absolutely. I know for a fact that it exists because I have experienced it. Something that saved my life and helped to heal me physically, mentally and emotionally. I know for an absolute fact that it exists. It was very much like that movie, "Peaceful Warrior". As a result of what happened to me I am truly in awe. I never would have believed it to be possible, but it is. It truly is.

I don't think anyone has a full grasp of God, so yeah, your conception may in some ways be closer to him than I might imagine.

I'm glad you're healed. I think we all want to be healed in many ways.

Reactions: #@&5&49