Do you trust God to take care of you? | INFJ Forum

Do you trust God to take care of you?

How do you trust God?

• If by "God" you mean my projection of Self onto a divine being, then yes, I trust "God".

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I trust Him everyday. That's why I'm such a nervous wreck. :D

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I trust Her everyday. That's why I'm such a nervous wreck. :wink:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God is in all of us. I trust the God in all of us to make the right choices.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm having trouble trusting God.

• I trust Evolution and Natural Selection.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • There are only two people I trust: my therapist and myself.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • There are gods. But yes, I do trust some or all of them to take care of things.

• There are gods, and no, I wouldn't trust them with my money, let alone my soul.

• I don't know. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. :)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Honestly don't think there are enough options on that poll.

I used to be a christian, but no more. It was what was expected of me as I grew up in a christian family in the church and until recently I felt like everyone would think I was a bad person if I didn't try.

I went to study theology and all before I made my decision. I don't even know if I beleive in a God anymore, but no, if he does exist I wouldn't trust him with much. He's not taken care of me thus far, why would I expect anything good of Him now?

Reactions: knight in battle
I trust myself and the people I love to take care of me.

Yes, so far he's come through.

No answer fits for me. I do trust God every day, but I am much less of a nervous wreck than I ever was before I trusted Him.

I trust myself and those nearest me to do what needs doing.

I think god gives us the strength to fight for survival and the fire in our hearts, thats all he cares about us. Maybe sometimes he does help, and sometimes he may mock us. I dont know

Reactions: barbad0s
I didn't know what to vote, but my answer is yes.

I trust that he watches. But does that make any of safer, really? We are all victims of the good and evil this world has. Bad things happening is unavoidable. Some of us are just less fortunate than others. So how do you really trust God to take care of you when either way, shit will eventually hit the fan? I trust nothing except that life will carry on, until I die. That's the only thing you can really be sure about. The rest is just a gamble.

Reactions: barbad0s
I trust Evolution and Natural Selection.
There are only two people I trust: my therapist and myself.

(And barely my therapist.)

Reactions: knight in battle
*ponders* Yeah, I suppose I do, all things considered.

I've made it this far, haven't I?

God takes care of things, period.

Whether or not you perceive things to happen in your favour, or that the outcomes are what you expected, is another story.

It is advantageous to have a positive outlook and to be trusting of God helping you through circumstances, though. At the same time, you cannot expect to rely on him to give you what you want. You need to take the positive action yourself towards your goals.

God takes care of things, period.

Whether or not you perceive things to happen in your favour, or that the outcomes are what you expected, is another story.

It is advantageous to have a positive outlook and to be trusting of God helping you through circumstances, though. At the same time, you cannot expect to rely on him to give you what you want. You need to take the positive action yourself towards your goals.

Can I ask what god is to you, meaning are you religious. Do you think god is a person, a big person, spirit?

I ask because I think god is our consciousness. Nothing you read about in any religious text. It's my opinion that religion exists to explain things to people that need to have something but aren't able to formulate their own ideas.
Maybe 5000 years ago they weren't deep thinkers or maybe there wasn't law and god could be used to control the masses. These are just my findings, opinions. Not meant to a attack anyone.

I'm always interested in how people come to their conclusions. I often think we just accept the program that's put in place, so to speak.

I have a problem with Devine intervention. That somehow I am so important, important enough for this huge existence, god to care so much about my day. That thank god I woke up 5 minutes earlier because etc, etc.

I'm on the side that doesn't think god is worried about that. But it does seem like I get special attention once in awhile

You are missing a lot of options in the poll.

For me, I trust God. That's why I'm not too much of a nervous wreck.
;)