Do you think of yourself as "special"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you think of yourself as "special"?

Nah, not really. I have some redeeming qualities but I'm just another person like everybody else.

As a child it was drilled into my head, teachers and such would always say I'm not like the other kids. Even till this day I still get people going "Wow you're amazing, I had no idea you were this way" etc...

I'm okay with being unimpressive.
I sleep better.

Here's the thing: there is such a thing as blissful ignorance. Some stupid ppl are happy, so maybe that would be better.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face. (Zack de la Rocha)

Now, I don't consider myself to be special.

Sure, people have called me special before, but not in the good way :p
I've been told that I live in my own little world. I don't agree with them though.

My actions don't equal my thought process though, but then again, is it the ideas and mental processes that define a person or the actions and words?

Many, many people have told me I'm special. Not feeling very comfortable with that idea I kept it in the back of my mind.

Then - I found information on what it is to be an INFJ and this forum and my "special-ness" corresponds with the characteristics demonstrated here by all of you.

Lo and behold - I ain't special - just a small minority of the population. [my ego pouted about this revelation for a while - then got over it :lol:]

So - if this is being special - then All of you Are - too!!! :high5:

MY MOMMY SAYS I'M A PRINCESS!
I AM I AM I AM!

On that note, is there anyone here who WOULDN'T think less of another poster for saying that they do in a non-self-deprecating way or any poster who is willing to post as such? Cause I'm getting the feeling lots of your are saying no just because you don't want to be thought badly of.

Reactions: 1 person
MY MOMMY SAYS I'M A PRINCESS!
I AM I AM I AM!

On that note, is there anyone here who WOULDN'T think less of another poster for saying that they do in a non-self-deprecating way or any poster who is willing to post as such? Cause I'm getting the feeling lots of your are saying no just because you don't want to be thought badly of.

I honestly think I am an average person.

Except for hip-checking in soccer.
And then I'm super awesome.

I'd prefer to say that i'm just me? Does that make me special? :3 Many different meanings can spread of the word 'Special' Stupid, Genius. etc...

Eccentric, perhaps.

Yes, I am special...very. That cuts both ways, though. Special...weird, unique.....odd. It depends on one's perspective. I will say that viewing the world through INFJ eyes can open possibilities/connections that are somewhat unique given the outlooks of the dominant culture.

Special? No. Awesome in general and good at what I do? Yes.

define "special."

[MENTION=834]Dragon[/MENTION]

I was kidding about me being specifically special :D But if in earnest, we're all unique and have something to offer the world, so we all are special in that respect.