Do you "play by the rules"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you "play by the rules"?

Yes, we should follow rules if we want to understand anything and want to achieve anything. I try to follow rule and in the end i get success.
I must add, a shiver ran down my spine on reading this...

Ugh...

I may be too late to save humanity.

YES DRAGON THAT'S EXACTLY IT. YOU FIGURED ME OUT. YOU'RE A SMART BOY, AREN'T YOU?

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I meant that more in the sense that you are like Nietzsche. I think if you are like that, then you should also follow course and not take things so seriously. Or you'll go insane.

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I meant that more in the sense that you are like Nietzsche. I think if you are like that, then you should also follow course and not take things so seriously. Or you'll go insane.

How to Train Your Dragon........... seems like a good movie for me to watch. REALLY DRAGON? YOU THINK I MIGHT GO INSANE? YOU REALLY THINK SO?? WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CLUE?

Seriously, "rules" don't register in my brain except as possible consequences. Ethical considerations are pretty much independent of rules. I don't try to be like this, I just am.

In a game or sporting event of course, it is unsportsmanlike not to.

Gods laws while I don't agree with some interpretations of them for the most part it is a good way to live your life.

Mans Law- I have difficulty agreeing with everything another human being says is right and wrong. I have my own code of honor and follow it to the letter, if ever that happens to break any laws in this country or another then so be it I'll have to face the consequences.

What he said.

The timing of this thread is great. I almost started a similar one. Besides wanting to know others approach to rules. I wanted to creatively circumvent some of these Forums

I follow the rules if they make sense. If a rule doesn't make sense, I still might follow it if I might get in trouble for not following it. On the other hand, if a rule is morally wrong, then I take pleasure in breaking it.

I am a stringent rule follower unless faced with a rule that is unjust - one where I'm faced with a circumstance in which following such a rule would result in harm or pain to an undeserving soul. So, if such a rule conflicts with my deepest belief system, the core values I maintain for myself, then I would consider breaking it.

My preferred approach is to follow rules, though I might not agree with them, then work toward changing them and/or enlightening the rule makers.