Do you make sense? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you make sense?

Yes! I totally understand what you're saying. But you know what the funny thing is? Sometimes I feel like my thoughts are so complex that I can't even understand them, let alone explain them to other people. Like I know there's this thought in my head, and I try to make sense of it or try to figure out a way to explain it, but it's not fully formed so I fail miserably and people don't understand.

I try to avoid speaking my deep thoughts. Any time I try to say something semi-deep its like I can hear crickets.

You probably make sense, it is just a lot of people don't want to spend a lot of time thinking.. Oops that sounds negative.:mno:

I agree, I feel like not everyone can understand my deeper thoughts so I just keep them to myself. Only the people who I know well, or I just feel like they would understand me, do I actually share those thoughts with them. But most people, well, they don't even care.

Apparently, I only make sense to my 6 and 8 year old and husband. My dog seems to get me too, but other than that it is a rarity, yes. One in a million.

I make a lot of sense! All the time. At least people think so. Sometimes I actually kind of fear that I'm talking out of my ass and people believe what I say regardeless of it.

And the deeper thoughts. Well, I avoid going too heavy in casual discussion, but I generally succeed in making my thoughts concrete enough for people to underestand them.

Last edited:
I'm very carefull about what a say and to whom if I don't know them very well. I ALWAYS freak people out when I make a perdiction and it comes true. I'm at a point in my life where I'm fine if no one understands me, yet at the same time, here I am, reaching out to others who do know what I"m talking about. All of you, the ones that GET IT. See? That made sense, right?

Yes, I understand what you guys are talking about & sometimes feel that "normal" people* don't and will never completely understand me. I don't talk much to the kids at school mostly because of this reason that I'll be misunderstood or they'll think that I'm strange. My parents try to understand me, especially my dad who seems to understand me more than anyone at this point in my life, but even they don't understand me completely and sometimes I confuse them too.
*There is no such thing as normal people because everyone is different & you can only be as "normal" as you can be. :m171:

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."

I think I make sense to those who know me well. I don't make that much sense to my mother, and we usually stick to surface topics (although, every once in a while we circle the same hemispheres...).

To many who don't know me, I get that "dog heard a high pitch" look. :p

Sometimes it's better to stay silent and not offer an opinion until everyone's ready to hear what you have to say...unfortunately for some that can take years, but there ya go.

I am thankful for knowing now that I am an INFJ.
Now I understand a bit more why most do not 'get us'
We are under 3% of the population.
I have felt less fear expressing my thoughts here in the last few days than ever in my life. Here, I am comfortable knowing I will be understood by most. Even my dry humor seems to be readily acknowledged.

:m062:

Lonewalker