Do you make sense? | INFJ Forum

Do you make sense?

tereza

Regular Poster
Jul 17, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Do you make sense? Do other people think you do?

Sometimes there are days where I think I'm so in touch with my inner thoughts, wants and desires. Then I try to share what I'm thinking with someone, only to be met with blank stares. It doesn't help that sometimes I forget what I'm saying because I get distracted by my own thoughts.

Yes I make sense.

And other people think I'm talking out my ass, just recently my family realized that maybe there's something to what I say.

Yes I make sense.

And other people think I'm talking out my ass, just recently my family realized that maybe there's something to what I say.

I have that problem with my family. I keep saying things and then days later they're like...oh you were right about that.

Yes cos I'm a Sensor.

I try to avoid speaking my deep thoughts. Any time I try to say something semi-deep its like I can hear crickets.

You probably make sense, it is just a lot of people don't want to spend a lot of time thinking.. Oops that sounds negative.:mno:

How very sensible of you Quinlan!

Every once in a while I will say something that tends to shed a different light onto a situation and people will be kind of awestruck. To me it's usually nothing major, just an observation that popped in and I put it out there. Once they get to know me and see it happen now and then they become nicer to me and don't mock me when I say something that makes absolutely no sense at all! Because they know something good might be right around the corner. It's the getting to know you phase with people I have trouble with where they put me into the wrong category almost right away. I get judged and mocked because I come across as *nice* wherein deep in my heart I know I'm not all that.
It's very, very difficult for us to translate those inner thoughts, inner emotions, inner turmoil, inner joy etc. etc. into proper English! You take a chance every time you try it with someone and some of the time people will look at you and go, "Hey wow she's weird." But there's the odd time when someone will actually get it and it's a great moment.

I imagine this scenario. This is what the corporate people would say after hearing the same idea from 3 types.

SJ: "With ideas like that, he'll make Vice President in no time."
NT: "You can always count on the geeks for the high tech stuff."
NF: "Now, there goes a real flake."

How very sensible of you Quinlan!

Yeah, you get that look...the one where they are thinking, wow, she's not normal, or she said something really funny and *ahem* inappropriately funny (didn't expect that), or she might actually have the capacity to think. You see the confusion, the brain turning in super slow mo as you look into their eyes and watch them think...am I witnessing a rare moment in this woman, I must be...:meyes:).

Anyway...gotta go.

I have been told often enough that I make so much sense it's scary, and that I make things that seemed so complicated somehow understandable but quite honestly, this always surprises me. My view of the world makes me feel that most things I'd express would seem jarring and strange and even downright surreal, but apparently this is not the case.

It may have something to do with the highly sophisticated and painstakingly engineered brain-mouth filtration system I've constructed over the years.

All bets are off after that third glass of wine, though.

I imagine this scenario. This is what the corporate people would say after hearing the same idea from 3 types.

SJ: "With ideas like that, he'll make Vice President in no time."
NT: "You can always count on the geeks for the high tech stuff."
NF: "Now, there goes a real flake."

SP: "When's lunch?"

eh sometimes. It depends how much paint fumes I inhaled that day. :mD:

Sometimes I don't make sense to people. But that's because I talk like this:

"blah blah link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" blah blah href ="ErrorPageTemplate.css" / meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/ blah blah blah blah script src="errorPageStrings.js" language="javascript" blah type="text/javascript" blah blah blah blah blah 100101110101 script src="httpErrorPagesScripts.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript" blah 1001011010 blah blah"

:ranger:

"blah blah link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" blah blah href ="ErrorPageTemplate.css" / meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/ blah blah blah blah script src="errorPageStrings.js" language="javascript" blah type="text/javascript" blah blah blah blah blah 100101110101 script src="httpErrorPagesScripts.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript" blah 1001011010 blah blah"

:ranger:

that made the most sense so far... i understand exactly where you're coming from...

... and i get the deer-in-the-headlights look most of the time too... except from people who understand me and then realize i am always running an inner dialog...

Last edited:
Oh, I understand this so very very well. Right now I am experiencing yet another hard to describe emotion. Yet there is no way for me to comunicate it because the words for it do not exsist. Yet I despratly want to so very much. I would try to describe this current feeling as a "satisfaction" (because I just ordered several things I need off of amazon), and the arival of them will be in several days. I would like to call it "preloading". It always sparks a feeling, but I am at a loss of words to describe it. And I digress.

I try very hard to comunicate my feelings because I feel it is one of the most important thing you can do. Yet, when I try to comunicate my very deep personal feelings or ideas. People don't respond to them in a way I would expect (but at the same time I do). They just are like "umm ok", and don't see it as profound or moving as I do.

Needless to say, it is frustrrating, but I do try. I'm learning to become more satisfied with just understanding it on my own and not needing to share it.

Oh, I understand this so very very well. Right now I am experiencing yet another hard to describe emotion. Yet there is no way for me to comunicate it because the words for it do not exsist.

Oh, this is why I like songwriting. Combine a few chords together and suddenly you have emotions that don't exist in the dictionary!

that made the most sense so far... i understand exactly where you're coming from...

... and i get the deer-in-the-headlights look most of the time too... except from people who understand me and then realize i am always running an inner dialog...

I have a permanent inner dialog too - thankfully in English and not code! I have visionary ideas that other non-imaginative people think are nuts until I make them happen. So generally I keep them to myself unless I am collaborating with another visionary type of person. Thankfully my bandmate is such a type of person (ENTJ) and we often get together and have a winge about how someone else couldn't "see" one of our ideas. I have my own business now because I got sick of having to get my ideas approved by some dimwit boss before going ahead so now I get to create whatever I like without having to explain myself.

Haha "preloading" that's a great way to say it. I pretty much just tell myself "this is going to rock in a few days. Woooooo."

I make perfect sense but I know nothing. That's how I see it. Because as soon as I see my perspective others pop in and then I add them all together and then nothing. I find that most of the time I keep my thoughts to myself even on here. I don't like getting into debates about things I know nothing about. There are too many variables any more when dealing with other people so I just do my thing and let the rest of the world struggle..

I make perfect nonsense? D:

Private monologues...dass me wormin sleek in my cake.

As for the infringement of others,
The worst and best stuff blurts out subconsciously.

I make perfect sense but I know nothing. That's how I see it. Because as soon as I see my perspective others pop in and then I add them all together and then nothing. I find that most of the time I keep my thoughts to myself even on here. I don't like getting into debates about things I know nothing about. There are too many variables any more when dealing with other people so I just do my thing and let the rest of the world struggle..

I feel the exact same way.

When I was filling in the registration form there was a good reason I forfeited my gender to be recruited as a lurker primarily intending to learn from others here with more knowledgeable, articulate comprehensively synthesized perspectives.

I can see myself gravitating towards the "me too" threads rather than debating or giving advice. Then again sometimes if I've self-disclosed too much for comfort I will cease posting for good, so now I am extra cautious about choosing what to share.

When I was filling in the registration form there was a good reason I forfeited my gender to be recruited as a lurker primarily intending to learn from others here with more knowledgeable, articulate comprehensively synthesized perspectives.

Good choice and w00t I pwn your gender :D