• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Many people love being outgoing. Others simply tolerate it.

How does being more or less outgoing, affect your relationships or interaction with friends, family, everyone else, etc.?

(And this is a biased question of course): Does it bother you when others push or urge you to become more outgoing or active, even though you are clearly uncomfortable doing so?

Last edited:
I do like to be warm and friendly as the situation dictates. I like to feel comfortable in the sincerity of my own expressions, though, so another's input about being more outgoing would be irrelevant.

In groups of people, I am usually drawn to the more introverted people. So, if I can tell everyone is a little uncomfortable, I will be outgoing and take charge-ish in order to help put everyone at ease. I'd rather let someone else take the reins, but I will do it to make others feel better. It all depends on the situation and if the need arises.

Sometimes I surprise myself with how out going I can be, and then other times I stay quiet as a mouse. I do however hate it when people try and pressure me (or anyone else who is obviously uncomfortable) to be more outgoing. Some discomfort is needed for growth, but when someone is shaking...I think it should be pretty obvious that the last thing they need is more pressure to be outgoing.

I *LOVE* to be outgoing. Unfortunately, it seems that many times I am simply unable to do so, or people are unable to tolerate me. That bothers me a lot and I think that is one reason why it simply doesn't come to me sometimes.

An informal document on social phobia detailed that the sufferer sometimes thinks they truly don't have anything interesting to say. I believe on a subconscious level that manifests to a point where I truly have a social block where I simply can't do anything but worry what everyone else thinks about things that don't matter and be uncomfortable.

I think some people truly like to be quiet, I don't. I mean, I default to it a lot, but I could definitely see myself as an extrovert, or at least considerably more outgoing than I currently am.

I like the few moments I'm outgoing, because I feel I can finally get out of my shell and be a part of something. anyways, I don't LOVE being outgoing, since that isn't the way I really am (and I always end up exhausted after too much social interaction)

Sometimes I surprise myself with how out going I can be, and then other times I stay quiet as a mouse. I do however hate it when people try and pressure me (or anyone else who is obviously uncomfortable) to be more outgoing. Some discomfort is needed for growth, but when someone is shaking...I think it should be pretty obvious that the last thing they need is more pressure to be outgoing.
this ^^

Sometimes, yes. It's really fun if and when I'm in the mood for it. And besides, it lessens the melancholy that I sometimes feel when I disconnect from civilization for too long. But then, just as being outgoing is like a breath of fresh air, so is taking a break from civilization when I've been exposed to it too much.

Everything must be balanced. :]

I like to think I am outgoing. It all depends on my mood. If i am not outgoing that means I am in my inner world. But I have been told I am quite fun when I am outgoing and being silly. But I have a very serious INFJ side to me that can be intense and not everyone understands or handles it well....:m025:

People are drawn to me.
I don't understand it. I am never at a loss for people trying to engage me.
I rarely engage back.

I do want to more

Yes, i like to be outgoing. Love it. I love to see new place and many things. We go with family. I like family tours. :D

I get recharged, more stronger before i was and some new insights.

Sometimes, yes. It's really fun if and when I'm in the mood for it. And besides, it lessens the melancholy that I sometimes feel when I disconnect from civilization for too long. But then, just as being outgoing is like a breath of fresh air, so is taking a break from civilization when I've been exposed to it too much.

Everything must be balanced. :]

Agree

I dislike being anything I do not feel comfortable being. That said, I am usually more comfortable being reserved. There are times however, when I'm out-of-my-mind-in love-with-everyone-outgoing. And I enjoy those rare moods as well.

The worst is feeling compelled to be one or the other, and deciding to comply with those expectations. Extremely uncomfortable that is!

Sometimes when I get in the mood. Its quite like being on a stimulant. Normally though I am content being off to the side. :m173:

Sometimes when I get in the mood. Its quite like being on a stimulant. Normally though I am content being off to the side. :m173:

Haha I'm the same sometimes Lucifer as if on a stimulant. In comparasant to conventional ways my behaviour may perhaps be seen as eccentric..

Short answer, no. I prefer mellow, easy going conversations. I don't feel like everything I do needs to be performance.

But that's before a few drinks.....

I like being outgoing and engaging. If I'm not going to be outgoing and engaging, then I don't want to be around a lot of people. So it helps to be able to be flexible.

I can't stand it....being outgoing is very difficult for me for many reasons, and even small a amount of it mentally and physically exhausts me.
Posted via Mobile Device