Do you have a dark sense of humor? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you have a dark sense of humor?

This is exaclty me. I do thissort of thing all the time. I'll play a character who may be arrogant, malicious, insensitive or whatever. It is supposed to be an ironic display of how ridiculous that point of view is but as you said, some poeple don't get it and think I'm a twat

do it while wearing a clown nose ;P they'll get the hint.

I'd consider my sense of humour as edgy. Dark doesn't seem to fit.

LOL I don't joke about sensitive topics until I get to know someone.

Depression is a tough nut, in my book. In my head, I've been thinking that it's far simpler than it's made out to be. Yeah, it can be a clinical disorder, chemical imbalance. But a lot of it is about perspective. A simple glass half empty half full thing. No deeper meaning. All deeper meaning being conjured. Very poetic actually, but conjured nonetheless.

not always. slapstick humor (eg. slipping on a banana peel) isn't dark humor, but it's still funny. i'd say dark humor is a specific kind of humor oriented towards making fun of things that would otherwise depress or trouble you.

IT would be troubling to slip on a banana peel ;)

I am cynical and I can be insensitive at times, I don't know if I would really call it dark. I like some dark comedies and REALLY like noir style films.

I do have a dark sense of humor. Its too dark for people's taste so only my close friends know it and they get annoyed bout it.

I do have a dark sense of humor. Its too dark for people's taste so only my close friends know it and they get annoyed bout it.

WOW, I am curious now. :D

I do have a dark sense of humor, which has gotten me into trouble before. A group of us [my work colleagues at the time] had been up since 5am blowing up balloons for a campus event. Some of the balloons had started deflating by 8am (and they needed to be up at 8), and it looked funny to me. Someone joked that the balloons had "issues" and I topped it by saying they had a disease. Worse, I named the disease: They had "BAIDS" (Balloon AIDS). I thought it was funny and a few laughed.

Others were absolutely appalled and found the joke "in poor taste."

Which...actually, I didn't see. And I have to be honest, yes, someone close to me *did* die from AIDS, but I think he would've seen the humor in the joke.

I do have a dark sense of humor, which has gotten me into trouble before. A group of us [my work colleagues at the time] had been up since 5am blowing up balloons for a campus event. Some of the balloons had started deflating by 8am (and they needed to be up at 8), and it looked funny to me. Someone joked that the balloons had "issues" and I topped it by saying they had a disease. Worse, I named the disease: They had "BAIDS" (Balloon AIDS). I thought it was funny and a few laughed.

Others were absolutely appalled and found the joke "in poor taste."

Which...actually, I didn't see. And I have to be honest, yes, someone close to me *did* die from AIDS, but I think he would've seen the humor in the joke.

That's not what I'd call dark. That's edgy and... well... silly! I love it!

A dark guy enters in a bar. He closes the lights.
It becomes dark.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so yes i guess