Do you get upset easily? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you get upset easily?

Hmmm.
I am pretty laid back. It takes a lot to get me upset. I do have a few buttons that, when pushed, can make me act a bit irrationally. I am much better than I was, but there is always room for improvement!
If you insult me or my friends, that is going to cause a lot of problems. For example, I was recently called a liar. If you want to insult me, thats the way to do it. You can call me whatever you want, but as soon as anyone doubts my credibility, it's ON. I guess I take that personally because I used to be a compulsive liar, and it took a lot to get where I am today. In my mind thats like saying "I am disregarding all of your hard work and effort to become a better person."
BLAH!
I am getting worked up, moving on.

-Anna

I'm mostly laid back about most things. I tend to get irritated and angry when I can see something about to happen or that has potential to happen that is out of my control and is unfair. That's usually on a nationwide scale, though. In my personal life, there isn't really much you can do to get a rise out of me. If I do get upset then I don't show it. I don't want the attention and I usually feel like I bit of a burden. I feel much happier when I feel helpful rather than the helped (which makes me feel a bit incapable and depressed) so I try to live with that image in mind. I tend to see intentions rather than words/actions as well, so I don't really speak back. I can't really. Someone will say something unfair and there's two voices in my head at the same time: "That hurt" and "she's stressed". I usually just go with the latter voice and shrug it off. If it's the other way round - the intentions are bad too - I tend to just think it isn't worth my time dealing with the person and shrug them off! If someone's just being pathetic then there's no reason for me to invest myself in it.

Do you get upset easily? What makes you get upset or snap?
-Sometimes. I get upset when I'm overstimulated, or that there are so many things going on at once. That is the major trigger of getting upset, there may be others.

How do you manage or control it?
-I get away from the situation, or meditate.

Reactions: Nixie
Yes, and I don't control it at all.

I have a little temper sometimes meaning I get easily annoyed or irritated and even upset with people if someone doesn't get the point I'm trying to get across right away. This means I snap at them a little or show impatience. I'm not proud of this. But I don't yell, or curse, etc. Sometimes, I raise my voice when I think someone isn't listening.

Yes, I get upset, usually when I feel that my moral integrity has been violated. Pushed too far and I will snap, I guarantee you its not pretty.
Though mind you, its extremely rare of me to snap.
I tend control it by walking away from the situation, I prefer not to lash out at people, or anything for that matter.
I also tend to withdraw from people if I feel that my line has been crossed over, I guess for me its a reestablishing process I go through. In a sense I use that time to reevaluate everything and reflect by asking the question "how did that person get to me?". Once I've cooled down, I use it as a learning experience for any future conflicts and usually I end up giving a humble apology to the person who offended me and that I may have also offended in the process. I don't like seeing emotional conflicts unresolved.

Last edited:
Sometimes, but most of the time I catch myself in the process of getting upset/mad so I take a more civilized approach to the situation before things escalate.

Lack of communication and lack of tact upset me.

I get frustrated or angry when I feel people disrespect me. Sometimes, I curse or raise my voice so the person backs off. I'm like a cat. I mind my own business, but when someone disrespects me, my claws come out.

I'll get upset when a person/people continually put me down and nag me unfairly, or screw around with my personal belongings (as in purposely damaging or confiscating them without telling me and without a good reason).

After a long time of continuously trying to ignore them or deal with them civilly and trying to get them to understand and respect my point of view, eventually I will flip shit. I will deliberately try my best to hurt the person/people, shitting onto their deepest insecurities, or hurting them physically. If I have no way to do this conveniently, I will basically scream and destroy nonvaluable objects and become psycho.

Usually, I will want to apologize to the person if they've stopped the behaviour and I've been able to get along with them for a while after the incident.

I will also be upset if seriously troubling or unfair things happen to people I really love and care about. Their problems are my problems too, and I won't stop thinking until I can figure out a way to help them eradicte it.

Yes.

I have a little temper sometimes meaning I get easily annoyed or irritated and even upset with people if someone doesn't get the point I'm trying to get across right away. This means I snap at them a little or show impatience. I'm not proud of this. But I don't yell, or curse, etc. Sometimes, I raise my voice when I think someone isn't listening.

it seems i'm often irritated because people generally don't get my point, or fail to see why things affect me the way they do.
i am an infj, and also what is considered an HSP (highly sensitive person). far from being advantageous, these traits dominate and complicate my life. many times i wish i could just relax and enjoy life at face value.
i don't get angry so much as feel hurt or misunderstood, or disregarded. i have to keep reminding myself that those around me just don't understand how complex everything is to me.
as for controlling my reactions to this, i guess i just clam up. i don't share a lot of things because it's just too difficult to 'fit in' if you know what i mean.

Reactions: Gaze
I do and it's something I work to get rid of. :-( It's not easy and I don't even know what kind of advice to give because I need so much help with it myself. I worry about it a lot.

yes, i do! it's ok though. i like being sensitive. i am trying to learn to not take things personally or lash out, but to think about it and figure out why i became upset or can be more prepared for that situation.