Do you find most people to be emotionally superficial? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Do you find most people to be emotionally superficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I can be loyal to a country whilst being critical of facets of it. But you have a point, unfortunately I was riled up. I will tone it down.
2) He accused me of being a NEET which implied I had nothing noteworthy about my life. I've worked hard for what I have.

Indeed, if he hadn't been insulting my character I would have given him credit.
It's alright, man. It's understandable. You're in a very difficult position in your life right now, and it's probably generating some psychological defense mechanisms that don't present too well online sometimes. I understand.

Dignity and pride go hand in hand.

I'm just wondering... how are people defining depth? What's the depth of the average person vs. I dunno, your average emo kid circa 2009? Can you be deep about one or two subjects and that'll qualify you for the Deep Club? Or do you have to be voted in by the Academy?

I'm just wondering... how are people defining depth? What's the depth of the average person vs. I dunno, your average emo kid circa 2009? Can you be deep about one or two subjects and that'll qualify you for the Deep Club? Or do you have to be voted in by the Academy?
You have to be voted in by the bitchy and inconsistent NEET academy on INFJs.com.

Reactions: Misadventure
The first rule of Deep Club is:

1) You always talk about Deep Club

The second rule of Deep Club is:

2) You talk about Deep Club all the time, whenever you can, constantly.

I think it's: Entertain and stimulate me because I can't do it for myself.

You have to be voted in by the bitchy and inconsistent NEET academy on INFJs.com.

Cool. What are the qualifications?

But seriously. What is 'deep?' Is there a general consensus? We're on page four of the discussion and I'm wondering. This is an opportunity to fill up that kiddie pool.

Lol. I think I remember you and so I’m going to assume that you’re half-joking, but no, of course not. Also I don’t think the organization really had that many savings. Mostly just the individuals running it, which was my point. I suppose I earned a lot of money *for* them from other rich people however.
I would never half-joke about something this serious. Those disgusting foreigners keep floating over here from Britain in thier Costco pools with thier sex toys and living off thier spouses instead of hoodwinking old women for money like good honest Americans do. It's repulsive!

I've already registered you for Deep Club. If you know what I mean

I think 'depth' might refer to the relationship between what it's possible to say about a subject vs what is actually said, like it's a kind of property of volume.

This can't work if that 'volume' is 'detail', though, but has to be a measure of 'profundity', which is indefinable.

In short, I don't know.

Most people have a sufficient amount of depth, fairly equal probably.
The difference is in the ability to focus on whatever and manifest it in whatever way/medium.
I think depth is just manifesting the internal world in whatever ways you are able to.
Everyone has different talents there.

I’m a girl in my 20s btw.

If you didn’t insult the character of the majority of humans, I wouldn’t have picked at your own inconsistencies.

My apologies. 'She', if that is your correct pronouns.

I'm a pesimist. I see the worst in most people. I see the world as a trash heap that needs cleaning. It got that way due to a lack of maintainance.

Maybe I'm wrong but its how I see the world. I want to make the world better so people like my wife (and possibly like myself in some ways) don't have to suffer what we suffered.

It won't go that way unless people DO something. And I don't see enough people doing something, only blaming the other guy for what he did or didn't do.

It's alright, man. It's understandable. You're in a very difficult position in your life right now, and it's probably generating some psychological defense mechanisms that don't present too well online sometimes. I understand.

Dignity and pride go hand in hand.

You aren't wrong. I can be a bit prideful. Remnants of the superiority complex I developed as a self defense mechanism.

Cool. What are the qualifications?

But seriously. What is 'deep?' Is there a general consensus? We're on page four of the discussion and I'm wondering. This is an opportunity to fill up that kiddie pool.

Deep is connecting the dots. Seeing the big picture.

Observing more than the obvious cause and effect and the deeper connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.