Do you experiment with drugs? | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

Do you experiment with drugs?

I'm not 'twisting' anything, I'm speaking from experience and observation.

There is no 'reward' for doing good, and often quite the opposite. You will probably make your life worse.

The eternal reward may not even exist, of course - it's a point of faith.
The eternal reward exists, indeed. Well, rewards plural. Being with God in a place where no evil occurs, where there are no more tears, nor hunger, or fatigue.. at peace, Deleted member 16771. Don't be such a doubting Thomas. I thought you said you met God recently. Didn't He tell you how very real He was?

And I also disagree about the rewards on Earth. It's very fullfilling to help someone in need. It feels amazing. But ofc there will be more strife for those on the path of righteousness. The enemy has less interest in those already on his side. Why bother.

But you need Jesus! Go to Jerusalem, or something.

*splashes you with holy water*

Last edited:
The eternal reward exists, indeed. Well, rewards plural. Being with God in a place where no evil occurs, where there are no more tears, nor hunger, or fatigue.. at peace, Deleted member 16771. Don't be such a doubting Thomas. I thought you said you met God recently. Didn't He tell you how very real He was?

And I also disagree about the rewards on Earth. It's very fullfilling to help someone in need. It feels amazing. But ofc there will be more strife for those on the path of righteousness. The enemy has less interest in those already on his side. Why bother.

You need Jesus! Go to Jerusalem, or something.

*splashes you with holy water*
Lol, noted.

:kissingsmiling:

I'm just saying, it's not easy.

Lol, noted.

:kissingsmiling:

I'm just saying, it's not easy.
Yeah, the struggle is real. You think I haven't been to war for telling the truth and standing against the criminally immoral? :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile: I get what your saying. Just try not to let it make you bitter because that robs the joys along the hard path.

I'm not 'twisting' anything, I'm speaking from experience and observation.

There is no 'reward' for doing good, and often quite the opposite. You will probably make your life worse.

The eternal reward may not even exist, of course - it's a point of faith.

Hostarious you twisting your mind!

You have in your profile :
What is your profession? Being a good man.
- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, 11:5

So be a good man without expecting reward from anybody or your self, just be!
Your Ego wants reward, you don't need it

Hostarious you twisting your mind!

You have in your profile :
What is your profession? Being a good man.
- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, 11:5

So be a good man without expecting reward from anybody or your self, just be!
Your Ego wants reward, you don't need it
Exactly.

I'm not arguing against 'being good', I'm merely pointing out that anyone who thinks it will lead to earthly reward is sorely mistaken.

giphy.gif

@Deleted member 16771 , I can totally relate to the feeling of, "Seriously, this is what I get in reward for my self control? For the hundreds of small but difficult decisions to "be good"?!"
And sometimes I feel like it's just not worth it, and I get angry at God and myself for being so righteously stupid. But usually, sooner then later a shift occurs and I get to a better place again.

The best advice I ever got: Every decision is either leading you closer or further from the person you eventually want to be.

The key for me is to remember the big picture and what really matters.

Look at truly spiritual people. Like the real deal. Yes, they experience a life that seems riddled with pain and trials.

But still, it's not their eternal reward I am jealous of.

It's the kind of life they are living now. The spiritual reality they inhabit.

The light and joy on their face. The inner connection with themselves and the Divine.

As an aside, I do think that generally, there are earthly rewards. Eventually and in the ways that matter to someone who is inhabiting a higher plane, if that makes sense.

@Deleted member 16771 , I can totally relate to the feeling of, "Seriously, this is what I get in reward for my self control? For the hundreds of small but difficult decisions to "be good"?!"
And sometimes I feel like it's just not worth it, and I get angry at God and myself for being so righteously stupid. But usually, sooner then later a shift occurs and I get to a better place again.

The best advice I ever got: Every decision is either leading you closer or further from the person you eventually want to be.

The key for me is to remember the big picture and what really matters.

Look at truly spiritual people. Like the real deal. Yes, they experience a life that seems riddled with pain and trials.

But still, it's not their eternal reward I am jealous of.

It's the kind of life they are living now. The spiritual reality they inhabit.

The light and joy on their face. The inner connection with themselves and the Divine.

As an aside, I do think that generally, there are earthly rewards. Eventually and in the ways that matter to someone who is inhabiting a higher plane, if that makes sense.
I think you're absolutely right, of course.

A curious fact about my life, though, is that I have never 'gotten away with' anything. Letting myself slip for even a second results in massive and tangible instant karma. It's like the universe holds me to a standard which no-one else is subject to.

Two stories which illustrate this come to mind:

i. This is the most shameful thing I ever did, and I've been honestly debating if I should ever mention it on the forum for quite some time, but here it goes:

When I was a teenager, a big part of my life was the 'Army Cadet Force', which is a uniformed youth service in the UK a lot like the various Scouting movements, but formally attached to the British military and teaching military skills.

Every summer there was a two-week 'summer camp' at one of a number of military bases in the UK. One year, when I would've been about sixteen, I was on a summer camp at Salisbury Plain.

Now, the 'detachment' I was part of was based in my home town, and our adult instructors were mostly locals. At the time my home town had a racism problem, and the far-right British National Party were making electoral inroads. In fact, my region elected a BNP MEP to the European Parliament in 2009. For my part, I had actually experienced 'racism' when I was bullied for being a 'Paki' (I'm not South Asian, by the way, but my skin is darker than many) and was a vehement and vocal anti-racist.

So, predictably, I would get into arguments with my adult instructors about this, because they were vehement and vocal racists. In fact the whole organisation was. I was well liked by them, though, but they would make fun of me about this and attempt to tease me about it.

So, one day on this summer camp, I was walking back to my billet building when I saw one of my adult instructors walk out of the sergeant's mess. He saw me, and delivered a perfectly crisp 'Sieg hiel!' salute to tease me.

Having had enough of this, I returned the salute and said (I'm not censoring myself here) 'Oh fuck it, fuck all the black bastards!' as a kind of 'I've had enough, I give in' jest response.

At that moment, I turned the corner right into the path of a serving black soldier who'd been attached to the ACF on camp and he confronted me immediately. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't a racist, but he said he didn't care and just never wanted to hear it again. I was absolutely devastated, but I realised later that my adult instructor would have seen this guy walking into my path from his perspective, so perhaps there was something deliberately provocative.

Anyway, I told my adult instructor who 'saluted' me what had happened (though he saw it, of course), and he told me that he'd straighten the whole thing out with the soldier. In actuality what had trasnpired was that my adult instructor approach the soldier in the mess and told him that I wasn't the racist, but 'I'm the fucking racist' (that is, him). He'd used it to provoke a confrontation. Nothing 'happened' as far as I am aware.

Then, for the rest of the camp the cadets were put into sections for various fieldwork, and each section got a serving soldier as a section leader. Guess who led our section? Yeah, the black guy. I had to be with the bloke for the rest of the camp while he thought I was a racist, despite anything I could've said. There were other cadets in that section who I knew were hardcore racists but had no problems at all, and me who assuredly wasn't being viewed that way. I was deeply ashamed, embarrassed, and yet also filled with a sense of injustice.

I was 'weak', basically, and then immediately punished for the lapse.

I'll never forget that, and it's a memory that comes back to haunt me occasionally. It's one of two things that 'taints' my conscience, which for a type 1 is a big deal.

I've never deliberately done anything 'wrong', but I've fucked up in a handful of stupid ways like this before. In every case, though, I don't 'get away with it', I get immediately and heavily punished, as if God himself is watching my every move with a special attention, not to mention what it does to my conscience.

A curious fact about my life, though, is that I have never 'gotten away with' anything. Letting myself slip for even a second results in massive and tangible instant karma. It's like the universe holds me to a standard which no-one else is subject to.

i. This is the most shameful thing I ever did, and I've been honestly debating if I should ever mention it on the forum for quite some time, but here it goes:

When I was a teenager, a big part of my life was the 'Army Cadet Force', which is a uniformed youth service in the UK a lot like the various Scouting movements, but formally attached to the British military and teaching military skills.

Every summer there was a two-week 'summer camp' at one of a number of military bases in the UK. One year, when I would've been about sixteen, I was on a summer camp at Salisbury Plain.

Now, the 'detachment' I was part of was based in my home town, and our adult instructors were mostly locals. At the time my home town had a racism problem, and the far-right British National Party were making electoral inroads. In fact, my region elected a BNP MEP to the European Parliament in 2009. For my part, I had actually experienced 'racism' when I was bullied for being a 'Paki' (I'm not South Asian, by the way, but my skin is darker than many) and was a vehement and vocal anti-racist.

So, predictably, I would get into arguments with my adult instructors about this, because they were vehement and vocal racists. In fact the whole organisation was. I was well liked by them, though, but they would make fun of me about this and attempt to tease me about it.

So, one day on this summer camp, I was walking back to my billet building when I saw one of my adult instructors walk out of the sergeant's mess. He saw me, and delivered a perfectly crisp 'Sieg hiel!' salute to tease me.

Having had enough of this, I returned the salute and said (I'm not censoring myself here) 'Oh fuck it, fuck all the black bastards!' as a kind of 'I've had enough, I give in' jest response.

At that moment, I turned the corner right into the path of a serving black soldier who'd been attached to the ACF on camp and he confronted me immediately. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't a racist, but he said he didn't care and just never wanted to hear it again. I was absolutely devastated, but I realised later that my adult instructor would have seen this guy walking into my path from his perspective, so perhaps there was something deliberately provocative.

Anyway, I told my adult instructor who 'saluted' me what had happened (though he saw it, of course), and he told me that he'd straighten the whole thing out with the soldier. In actuality what had trasnpired was that my adult instructor approach the soldier in the mess and told him that I wasn't the racist, but 'I'm the fucking racist' (that is, him). He'd used it to provoke a confrontation. Nothing 'happened' as far as I am aware.

Then, for the rest of the camp the cadets were put into sections for various fieldwork, and each section got a serving soldier as a section leader. Guess who led our section? Yeah, the black guy. I had to be with the bloke for the rest of the camp while he thought I was a racist, despite anything I could've said. There were other cadets in that section who I knew were hardcore racists but had no problems at all, and me who assuredly wasn't being viewed that way. I was deeply ashamed, embarrassed, and yet also filled with a sense of injustice.

I'll never forget that, and it's a memory that comes back to haunt me occasionally. It's one of two things that 'taints' my conscience, which for a type 1 is a big deal.

I've never deliberately done anything 'wrong', but I've fucked up in a handful of stupid ways like this before. In every case, though, I don't 'get away with it', I get immediately and heavily punished, as if God himself is watching my every move with a special attention, not to mention what it does to my conscience.

I hope you are able to forgive yourself and let go of the shame. You were a 16 year old. You were experiencing racism yourself. You didn't intend the man to hear you. Intention must count for something? There was absolutely no intention to hurt anyone. You must be a decent person or you wouldn't have cared so much about it. You wouldn't even remember it years later. I hope you can forgive yourself.

Wow. That is pretty intense.
The "punishment" seems way out of proportion to what you actually did. It's a stinky feeling to feel like there's immediate retribution for a slip up, while you still haven't seen any reward for all the countless, intentional good decisions.

I can give you my perspective as a person who believes in God (no, not that fat red-faced man that sits on a throne in the clouds - don't believe in him either [co-opted that from a Rabbi I listen to]) and you can take it or leave it.
I'm aware I might sound ridiculous but gonna take the risk and post this anyway.

Two things:
(Hope I'm not being presumptuous. These are just feelings I have based on what I know of you so far, and based on my own background and beliefs.)

1 - I think God wants you close, in a manner of speaking. I think you are naturally closer to divinity even though you may not see yourself that way, and God "needs" you for something, somehow and wants to "wake you up".

2 - I can't remember the source for this, but there's a concept that a righteous person is judged for being a hairsbreadth off. A black spot will be more obvious on a background of white than on a background of gray. There are lots of reasons for it, and I was just reading a kabbalistic explanation for it earlier this week, but now I can't remember all the details and I am scared to sound even more ridiculous to everyone here. It has to do with a righteous person having the ability and therefore responsibility of raising fallen sparks etc...

I hope you are able to forgive yourself and let go of the shame. You were a 16 year old. You were experiencing racism yourself. You didn't intend the man to hear you. Intention must count for something? There was absolutely no intention to hurt anyone. You must be a decent person or you wouldn't have cared so much about it. You wouldn't even remember it years later. I hope you can forgive yourself.

totally agree with this.

@Deleted member 16771

Forget everything my friend, all the shit, doesn't worth it for nobody
I got 15 years jail when i was 18 years old from the greek army and it was not my fault, the government was builling me, i spit my blood to get out of this.
I closed my self in a mental hospital with bed handcuffed patients for two months to get my "crazy diploma " making me dangerous to serve the country.

I love the air that i breathe and i don't give a shit anymore

Just think about it , think the next 40 years of your life and fuck it all

I dropped Acid twice...one was an amazing journey but the second and last time was a bad trip, I secretly removed myself from a party cause I suddenly just wanted to hurt people.
I tried cocaine New Years 1992. It sucked. I hated the sensation of slimy shit going down my throat. Just not for me. The alertness...not needed, I was already hypersensitive to environment so that aspect of it did nothing for me.
I’m glad I didn’t like cocaine because just a few years later, Crack Cocaine was introduced to my neighborhood and suddenly people’s lives were falling the fuck apart all around me.
I’ve never and never will try heroin.
Someday I’d love to try the mushrooms and go on some awesome spiritual journey but I’m afraid I don’t trust anyone in case stuff goes wrong.
Cannabis is my favorite “substance” and it’s bullshit that I have to consider Cannabis a drug. People are addicted to the chemicals in pig flesh, but they label that shit “food” and not “drug”, people getting played by animal agriculture and just accept it. Hahahah