Do you ever confuse who you are with who you appear to be? | INFJ Forum

Do you ever confuse who you are with who you appear to be?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

NEVAR! NEVAR!

Although sometimes when I get heated, I forget what I am attempting to appear to be. But do you mean like feelings crossing over? Like if I pretend to be straight, I'll like girls? (EWWW! COOTIES!) or if I pretend to be respectful I just may end up being respectful?

I think OP is a bit too open for me.

And now I want general tso's chicken and crunchwrap supremes. Why you gotta be like that Anita? Why? I'm stuck at work for 2 more hours craving gooey goodness. Curses. :m169:

Moreso when I was younger, but yeah.

To this day, I can't figure out whether I got so good at computation because I genuinely liked it or whether it was because it was my first real social role. Anytime someone asks me why I like math, I think back to blowing some arithmetic tests clear out of the water in first grade and my teacher being shocked at my performance. She could've been half-playing along, as elementary school teachers do, but that was my first real defining feature.

Now that I've learned that mathematics is much more than just crunching numbers, I really am not a big fan of either. (Go figure.):m051:

Yes I'm not even sure which is which sometimes =/

Sometimes, when I'm under A LOT of stress or irritated, my "ghetto" side comes out...usually scares the heck out of people, with exceptions

well if you're talking about how others take me than i don't think so. how i come off has as much to do with me as who's interpreting it. also it's safe to say i'm still finding stuff out about myself all the time too, so i don't really have an ideal image to sync up with what i think im puttin out there, every situations a potentially different strategy.

Yeah, sometimes. I'm not completely sure which is which anymore.

I think I have a skewed view of how I appear to others. My views about myself are demanding and can be quite harsh. I am generally surprised when other express approval over things that I view as "needing work". I do understand that I have a "public" side and a "private" side and make decisions on how much of my inner self to share with others so I think that concious effort makes it difficult to be confused.

i don't think so... can you expound on what you mean though?

Yes

Moreso when I was younger, but yeah.

To this day, I can't figure out whether I got so good at computation because I genuinely liked it or whether it was because it was my first real social role. Anytime someone asks me why I like math, I think back to blowing some arithmetic tests clear out of the water in first grade and my teacher being shocked at my performance. She could've been half-playing along, as elementary school teachers do, but that was my first real defining feature.

Now that I've learned that mathematics is much more than just crunching numbers, I really am not a big fan of either. (Go figure.):m051:
*nods* yep. I can relate to this.