Do many people hate the INFJ ability to read others and dig up hidden motivations? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Do many people hate the INFJ ability to read others and dig up hidden motivations?

Introverted Intuition is not quite the same thing as "foresight" intuition, though Intuitives tend to be better at that. Ni is a way of processing information. The reason INFJs are particularly good at reading people is that Se picks up on sensory information, and Fe picks up on social and behavioral information and feeds it to Ni, which does a lot of its work subconsciously. Ni doms are good at picking up patterns. INFJs take the audio-visual info, an understanding of people, plus a knack for noticing patterns, and spit out information that is more likely to be true about people. INTJs are more likely to spit out information about systems. That's it.

It's just a way of using the dominant features of our brain to collect data, resulting in educated guesses. We're right about people more often than we are wrong. Honestly, when I care enough to say something the information is glaringly noticeable to me even if others don't notice.

Introverted Intuition is not quite the same thing as "foresight" intuition, though Intuitives tend to be better at that. Ni is a way of processing information. The reason INFJs are particularly good at reading people is that Se picks up on sensory information, and Fe picks up on social and behavioral information and feeds it to Ni, which does a lot of its work subconsciously. Ni doms are good at picking up patterns. INFJs take the audio-visual info, an understanding of people, plus a knack for noticing patterns, and spit out information that is more likely to be true about people. INTJs are more likely to spit out information about systems. That's it.

It's just a way of using the dominant features of our brain to collect data, resulting in educated guesses. We're right about people more often than we are wrong. Honestly, when I care enough to say something the information is glaringly noticeable to me even if others don't notice.
This.^

Also while people in general may have, at best, a well refined sense of logic and rational thinking... rarely does any of that fuel their decisions. People are highly illogical in how they actually live. Their morals, their desires, their feelings, their biases, - whatever- often sit in the drivers seat, and their logic in the back (or the trunk ) where they've shoved it on their way to whatever it is they're driving to get. I think that is the problem that Thinking Ni-doms face.. their incorrect expectation that people follow logical patterns and paths. They don't.

Oh, that is the intention. It should generate discomfort;

The fact you ended your sentence with a semicolon is generating discomfort to my anal retentiveness :grimacing:

Good to see you being back, hope you've been well

Does this INFJ "talent" make others feel uneasy around you? Do some people hate you because you can read them and bring up hidden motivations?

I reckon ppl cling to their past experiences and their mind readily latches on to anything that resembles to past patterns. They never want to rework to desensitize past patterns all the while they expect others to do the same. It's like mentally sick people treating others rework their mind conditioning. It's like they never wants to whip thier own minds to present any other thoughts or patterns. They just keep clinging onnto whatever mind serves them first.

I love this. I even copy and pasted it to a doc for safekeeping.

Reactions: John K and Asa
INFJs uses Ni to decipher the patterns or hidden logic in people's behaviour inadvertently. It's like they grab their mind patterns and hack into their mental code. This is more effective when people are physically present in front of them. Sometimes they suddenly starts feeling exactly what other person is feeling while interacting with them. Over the net while chatting sometimes they suddenly starts feeling as if other person is sitting right infront of them and they can sense their emotions as one can sense during personal interaction. At times they can sense what other person is going to say even before they have actually said that. They can also predict somebody's behaviour just by looking at them without ever needing to interact with them. They have very strong sense of right or wrong especially about people. Sometimes even they themselves fails to understand why they strongly like or dislike some people. Why some people hate them. Ain't got no idea my happy crappy.

Reactions: John K and Kgal
To boil it down at least the social aspect of it is that a lot of people these days don't like to be unmasked much like looking at the mirror to see their real selves so ultimately there is going to be some reaction. The more fake they are the stronger the reaction and while it can be understandable if they don't like themselves it really doesn't help in the long run or worse something that is best avoided. As for the nature of Ni in general the modern western mind has little desire of anything that can't be monetized unless it happens to be some form of entertainment.

I think some personalities are way more complex then the generally accepted 16 types. Some doesn't fall into just one category. It's not only about wearing a mask some ppl r built that way. When somebody interacts with them they can only share some part of it maybe they r not doing it intentionaly you can say only there is some overalap which makes the sharable experience. I think it's much better to understand yourself like how ur enaging various functions and under what circumstances, and why rather pushing urself to fit in any particular type. This is more noticable with Ni dominant types. Their Ni has tendency to engage with other functions to produce such an effect in case if more then one functions have relatively similar scores.

Reactions: John K
INFJs uses Ni to decipher the patterns or hidden logic in people's behaviour inadvertently. It's like they grab their mind patterns and hack into their mental code. This is more effective when people are physically present in front of them. Sometimes they suddenly starts feeling exactly what other person is feeling while interacting with them. Over the net while chatting sometimes they suddenly starts feeling as if other person is sitting right infront of them and they can sense their emotions as one can sense during personal interaction. At times they can sense what other person is going to say even before they have actually said that. They can also predict somebody's behaviour just by looking at them without ever needing to interact with them. They have very strong sense of right or wrong especially about people. Sometimes even they themselves fails to understand why they strongly like or dislike some people. Why some people hate them. Ain't got no idea my happy crappy.

This! Yes....the INFJs literally demonstrate the energetic connection between all peoples and how when we direct our focus we can increase our awareness of the Other. Although all human beings have this innate ability we can discern data streaming along this connection with others what appears to be more than 99% of the population.
I once had a coworker walk down the hall passing in front of my office and when she glanced in to see me our eyes locked and she promptly said: "Get out of my head Miss Kgal...." and kept on walking.
I called out to her Yes Mam'm....and chuckled to myself.
I believe as humanity evolves all people will have more awareness like we do of the other person standing in front of them. It will be more and more difficult to deceive others.
Till then we INFJs hold this awareness within the human collective consciousness for all to access and choose when they awaken to this.
Thanks for articulating this!
Prince is playing right now and I'm dancing in the chair as I type this. Gonna be a sparkling day. I hope you smile.

This! Yes....the INFJs literally demonstrate the energetic connection between all peoples and how when we direct our focus we can increase our awareness of the Other. Although all human beings have this innate ability we can discern data streaming along this connection with others what appears to be more than 99% of the population.
I once had a coworker walk down the hall passing in front of my office and when she glanced in to see me our eyes locked and she promptly said: "Get out of my head Miss Kgal...." and kept on walking.
I believe as humanity evolves all people will have more awareness like we do of the other person standing in front of them. It will be more and more difficult to deceive others.
Till then we INFJs hold this awareness within the human collective consciousness for all to access and choose when they awaken to this.
Prince is playing right now and I'm dancing in the chair as I type this. Gonna be a sparkling day. I hope you smile.

Quite remarkably reflective, but my puzzle started with INFP/J and it took very long and winding journey to finally resolve that. But that will be a very interesting story saved for another day.
Am reading Moon and a Six Pence & playing chess with one piece left on my side.

Reactions: Kgal

One can call it a hive mind though in a vague sense though energetically it takes a toll on some, for me when there are loads of people stressing about work, bills, and God forbid something big going on it all comes in huge waves like a tsunami that doesn't let up till late a night for days to weeks at a time. The worst is when it going on for months before letting up for a short while. What scares me is when people are aware enough to exploit this in some fashion or another to some end be it to drive fear as many in government and business are doing or for some political end ect. On those rare good days it can be almost magical almost floaty. The mind connection I've found is something to be guarded to keep whatever from leaking over as people and society in general are a lot to deal with.

Calm my dear friend. You will end up depleting ur force that way. Try talking to trees, flowers. Try connecting with animals, birds, pets. Try feeling the weather, the wind, clouds, rain. Try watching the change in color and intensity of shunshine with change in seasons. Try feeling the force everywhere. And see your force & shine increasing by leaps and bounds.

Reactions: John K and Kgal
One can call it a hive mind though in a vague sense though energetically it takes a toll on some, for me when there are loads of people stressing about work, bills, and God forbid something big going on it all comes in huge waves like a tsunami that doesn't let up till late a night for days to weeks at a time. The worst is when it going on for months before letting up for a short while. What scares me is when people are aware enough to exploit this in some fashion or another to some end be it to drive fear as many in government and business are doing or for some political end ect. On those rare good days it can be almost magical almost floaty. The mind connection I've found is something to be guarded to keep whatever from leaking over as people and society in general are a lot to deal with.

Ah...but that's the thing. They will not be able to exploit anything...or anyone....because the awareness of the collective is increasing to include that which serves them best. The deceivers will lose...are losing.

I too am experiencing those tsunami waves and they can certainly feel like being knocked off one's center. I congratulate you for noticing your self as you ride those waves. It is NOT easy...and is a challenging time to be here now.

...and absolutely YES to those blissful floaty energies. :D

I don't know why but my dear friend I just can't understand all these convoluted feely expressions am much more comfortable with objective truths and facts.
I'm really frustrated why I just keep flunking my PhD for past several years I just even forgot count of. Professor looks like tough nut to crack. I often gets snubbed by cliches like Truth is stranger than fiction. And then he just comes up with some new theory. He appears to be some streetpunk on freebasing.

Rather as a matter of fact never assume anything et all. Knowing people is waste of time. There r much better things to put ur mind to.
I wrote a paper on Morality but this dud judge has shown me out disqualifying me questioning my eligibility. I think humans r highly unreliable.

Rather as a matter of fact never assume anything et all. Knowing people is waste of time. There r much better things to put ur mind to.
I wrote a paper on Morality but this dud judge has shown me out disqualifying me questioning my eligibility. I think humans r highly unreliable.

I think humans r highly unreliable.

Totally.

Does this INFJ "talent" make others feel uneasy around you? Do some people hate you because you can read them and bring up hidden motivations?

They only hate u when u cause them to get smaller profits coz u figured out their tricks
:grin:

It’s because you’re natural (not professional!) psychoanalysts, because you use your empathic skills to measure a person out in regards to how someone would feel in that situation on the receiving as well as the conveying side. But being a psychoanalyst all the time, putting people on "the bench" will make them feel uneasy.

Personally as INTJ; when I analyse people, I tend to do it in a low-energy mode, just low-key observation. When there are conflicting motives, I measure it out against a) my own (Fi) principles and b) the harmony of the situation or group (conflict aversiveness).
When and only if there is a conflict, the observation goes into high-energy mode and I'll be doing some questioning or sometimes point out. There isn’t much of a point nudging in someone’s flaws when they or the situation don’t require it.

Information time (to build upon what I'm saying):
View attachment 51792 View attachment 51793
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/06/lying-hoax-false-fibs-science/

Some older research in regards to the frequency of lying:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/int.../how-often-do-people-lie-in-their-daily-lives
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2002-06/uoma-urf061002.php

The method of detecting lies on people by questioning:
https://www.apa.org/monitor/2016/03/deception

Yes, I admit INTJ s reading ability too, but kinda robotics and a more silent mode, while I usually do it by pressing some triggers we know they will respond accordingly.

Reactions: dragulagu