Do INFJ's somehow appear to be cold? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do INFJ's somehow appear to be cold?

Shaz- said:
entyqua said:
And WOW you and your brother are BOTH INFJ thats super cool! And rare! My brother is extremely extroverted and social! ...(dont know his type)
I know, pretty odd. My sis is an INFP. And my other brother an ENTJ.
The funny thing is, both my parents are S :mrgreen:
My third brother is autistic though, and it made me think that the reason we're all Ns (autism = weird N too) might be some kind of genetic combination between my parents. Who knows. It's cool to have N sibling though!

OOH i bet! I dont think my brother is a N at all I can hardly relate to him which stinks cuz hes my only brother but I know he is F somehow...so possibly ESF??? WHo knows I could ask him to take the test but i dont think he would...

Lurker said:
Stone said:
I think when i'm in a completely relaxed state (which I'm in fairly often) my face has a scowl or at least a frown on, I find it weird because it doesn't reflect my emotions at all.
Ooh, hate to say this but that sounds like a very INT thing to do, I'm forever noticing I'm frowning for no reason, I'm not upset or annoyed in fact I'm usually perfectly relaxed like you mentioned. I don't realise I'm doing it half the time. I haven't know INFJs to do this so tell me, do others here do this?

yes, i have found myself plenty of times doing this... and i'll notice it and try to make it go away... but it doesn't go... but then i'm still stuck in internal dialog mode so i just don't think about it anymore and just continue going through the labyrinth of my own psyche... i really DO get lost up there though... :shock:

Motor Jax said:
i really DO get lost up there though... :shock:

me too..............

To others I appear to be that crazy scientist who runs around constantly coming up with ideas and forgetting to interact. I do have little tact sometimes because I will blurt out somethings without thinking. I do ensure to constantly compliment others and always keep a smile on. As long as I see others smile it becomes easy. People observe me as always attempting to say something profound, or a little crazy because they can't figure out what I am rambling on about. I attempt not to show any of my emotions. I cry alone when I do cry. To my family, I show my anger which they don't like, I wish it was easier for me to show them my inner emotions. We are cold when it comes to our emotions, but we are warm and comforting for all those who show theirs.

SoraKage said:
People observe me as always attempting to say something profound, or a little crazy because they can't figure out what I am rambling on about.
this is so me I totally could have wrote this! I try to say something profound that in my head makes PERFECT sense...but to everyone else in the room its just rambling...then i catch myself speaking garbled words and realize....oh yea there is nonsense coming out of my mouth right now YIKES!

entyqua said:
SoraKage said:
People observe me as always attempting to say something profound, or a little crazy because they can't figure out what I am rambling on about.
this is so me I totally could have wrote this! I try to say something profound that in my head makes PERFECT sense...but to everyone else in the room its just rambling...then i catch myself speaking garbled words and realize....oh yea there is nonsense coming out of my mouth right now YIKES!

Yeah, I get this from my husband very often. Especially when he wants me to explain where i am 'coming from', or where I am 'getting this'.

Sometimes I'd just like to beam it into his head instead of trying to speak.

alcyone said:
entyqua said:
SoraKage said:

Yeah, I get this from my husband very often. Especially when he wants me to explain where i am 'coming from', or where I am 'getting this'.

OH man the ability to BEAM THAT WOULD WICKED AWESOME!!! LOL :twisted: :lol:

Lurker said:
Stone said:
I think when i'm in a completely relaxed state (which I'm in fairly often) my face has a scowl or at least a frown on, I find it weird because it doesn't reflect my emotions at all.
Ooh, hate to say this but that sounds like a very INT thing to do, I'm forever noticing I'm frowning for no reason, I'm not upset or annoyed in fact I'm usually perfectly relaxed like you mentioned. I don't realise I'm doing it half the time. I haven't know INFJs to do this so tell me, do others here do this?

The thing is, when I am feeling emotions I think I'm very expressive, it's just when I'm feeling "content" it looks to other people as "grumpy". Probably is an IN thing.

Ya I guess so, others here say it's something they do as well, I'd never noticed it in anyone who wasn't NT before. Very interesting.

Motor Jax said:
Lurker said:
Stone said:

yes, i have found myself plenty of times doing this... and i'll notice it and try to make it go away... but it doesn't go... but then i'm still stuck in internal dialog mode so i just don't think about it anymore and just continue going through the labyrinth of my own psyche... i really DO get lost up there though... :shock:

As usual the ESTP is completely opposite ... I'm like the village idiot, more often than not I'm smiling. Seriously I get that a lot: 'Why are you always smiling?" or "What's so funny?" Part of it is also that I tend to hum while I'm doing stuff - the smurfs theme song is my favorite :)

:D my mum does that Coke, still trying to work out her type (she can't tell herself she's so goddam complex) always makes me wonder what's going on in her head, it's like there's a joke that noone else knows about.

its just that the silliest things make me laugh and later just thinking about them makes me smile. :D

Lurker said:
Stone said:

lol! I do that too. I conjecture I must have thought of something, and that "something" might have made me frown! But, the thing is, while I know I am thinking of/reflecting on something 24/7, sometimes I don't know what I am thinking about.

alcyone said:

+1

sumone said:
alcyone said:

+1

All INFJ should be Issued the Point of Veiw Gun (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) So everyone can understand us LOL!

Lurker said:
:D my mum does that Coke, still trying to work out her type (she can't tell herself she's so goddam complex) always makes me wonder what's going on in her head, it's like there's a joke that noone else knows about.
I read that as "My Mum Does Coke"

moonlight said:
HenRick said:
moonlight said:
OMG.... I've come home. There are .. sniff sniff... others... out there like me. sniff sniff. wahoo!!!

Okay... my moment of happiness, warmth, and joy, must be packed away for the time being. Must go eat and then do some computer programming. Dang I'm glad I found you guys.
again that reminds me of Snarf Snarf from ThunderCats

Computer Programing? I know a little bit of adobe flash.

I find it a bit annoying to learn using only online websites.

I learned a bit in college. The Actionscript stuff... I found a terrific online site that is quite good about teaching things. I have to pay for that but, it's been worth it to me.
Do you mind me asking which site?
If it's good and I learn I might make a website :p
using flash!

I was once called an 'antisocial bitch' when I was 17, and more recently, 'unstable' and 'overemotional,' by two apparently emotionally disturbed people, but aside from that, the only thing I've been called by anyone is 'intimidating,' an insight which is never offered to me freely. From what I hear from my friends, I come off as a stable, but hardened woman, with a much warmer side than cold.

I can understand coming off as cold, though. Hell, being an INFJ, I can see the usefulness of such a ruse; without some sort of cold outer shell, it seems to me we're a sort of personality that can easily be taken advantage of. And I have, of course. But for some reason, I have a really hard time keeping up a cold shell. Any tips on how to manage it? :D

In my early years, up until my mid twenties I lived my life being wide open. I thought it was good to live this way in order to be available at all times. The highs were extremely high but the lows were extremely low. It wasn't until I turned 30 that I learned I could, and should, put walls and guards in place to protect myself as the hurts were starting to build up. Unfortunately I went too far and my heart hardened. I ended up feeling very little It has been an inner battle to find a good balance ever since.