or maybe

S-IXFX
C-IXTX
D-EXTX
I-EXFX

Adaptive Behavior: 19, 4, 69, 8
Natural Behavior: 27, 14, 33, 26

results.JPG

I'm trying to understand how this compares to what ENFP says about me. What is the difference between Natural behavior and Adaptive behavior?

Influence skyrocketed in both. Although, I found it interesting yet strange how everything decreased in adaptive behaviour but Influence... Does anyone know what that decrease means?

Last edited:
Adaptive Behavior: 19, 4, 69, 8
Natural Behavior: 27, 14, 33, 26

View attachment 1673

I'm trying to understand how this compares to what ENFP says about me. What is the difference between Natural behavior and Adaptive behavior?

Influence skyrocketed in both. Although, I found it interesting yet strange how everything decreased in adaptive behaviour but Influence... Does anyone know what that decrease means?

Interestingly enough, I'm a D and C dominant, while you're an S and I dominant. That could be an NFP / NFJ thing. I don't know. I'm not too familiar with this other than it is about behaviors and not personality, and the difference between the two is your behaviors while you are unstressed (Natural), and the other is how you behave when stressed (Adapative).

Detailed Results

Adaptive Behavior: S-68, C-24, I-4, D-4

Natural Behavior: S-33, C-20, I-24, D-23

So what I can tell by this is that apparently my natural behavior is tilted toward steadiness, but generally fairly balanced. However my adaptive behavior seems highly tilted toward increased steadiness and submissiveness (significantly decreased influence and dominance).

I don't really understand enough about this assessment to understand what is meant to be described by the adaptive behavior.

Also, in reading the wikipedia page, it appears these are typically considered on a matrix as described below:

These four dimensions can be grouped in a grid with D and I sharing the top row and representing extroverted aspects of the personality, and C and S below representing introverted aspects. D and C then share the left column and represent task-focused aspects, and I and S share the right column and represent social aspects. In this matrix, the vertical dimension represents a factor of "Assertive" or "Passive", while the horizontal represents "Open" vs. "Guarded".

Based on that description I think it would indicate I'm highly introverted, and med-high socially focused vs. task-focused. Though I'm having trouble understanding what the last sentence means because I would think it's a re-statement of the previous two and it seems to be correlating extroverted with "Assertive" and introverted with "Passive" and task-focused vs. social with "open" vs. "guarded". These don't seem connections that make sense to me. I guess I'm visual enough that I can't translate this written description into an interpretive grid.

I wonder why this test didn't graph in this way? It seems it might have provided more useful information.

Adaptive Behavior: 46, 15, 19, 19
Natural Behavior: 30, 29, 15, 25

Hmm... Interesting...

24xncie.png
ek52k6.png

Detailed Results

Adaptive Behavior: 48, 30, 7, 15
Natural Behavior: 28, 28, 19, 26

not too sure what this means...

some of the words were really hard to choose from, some fit me eaqually, so I really had a hard time deciding!

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I'm a D and C dominant, while you're an S and I dominant. That could be an NFP / NFJ thing. I don't know. I'm not too familiar with this other than it is about behaviors and not personality, and the difference between the two is your behaviors while you are unstressed (Natural), and the other is how you behave when stressed (Adapative).

Ahh I see, wow that is very interesting. It seems pretty acurate in that case :) D and I seem to be extrovert-like behaviors though. What is the difference between ones personality and behaviors, I have always thought of them as linked or one? Could perhaps my S reflects the Fi and I the Ne?

Ahh I see, wow that is very interesting. It seems pretty acurate in that case :) D and I seem to be extrovert-like behaviors though. What is the difference between ones personality and behaviors, I have always thought of them as linked or one? Could perhaps my S reflects the Fi and I the Ne?

I don't understand the DiSC psychology well enough to say at the moment. If I get a more solid understanding of it and how it relates to Jungian archetypes I'll let you know.

For now, my guess is that cognitive function personalities are a measure of how the mind is wired, while behaviors are a measure of how a person reacts to stimulus. They're closely related, but there is a difference. Personality is inherent, while behavior is generally reactive.

What little I read of DiSC, it is designed to help predict behaviors to better anticipate people's actions. Therefore it ignores the motivations and underlying causes and goes straight into the behaviors. It seems a bit... limited to me, but it is clearly a focused system, so it is probably working as intended.

This is a free online version of the DiSC test. It's not exactly the same test, but if you wanted to get an estimate on your DiSC type without paying for it, here's the link.

http://gregwiens.com/scid/

Here are the Descriptions for the Letter Codes:

Dominance:
To the point, decisive and bottom line oriented. These people tend to be independent and results driven. They are strong-willed people who enjoy challenges, taking action, and immediate results.

Influence: Optimistic and outgoing. They tend to be highly social and out going. They prefer participating on teams, sharing thoughts, and entertaining and energizing others.

Steadiness: Empathetic & Cooperative. These people tend to be team players and are supportive and helpful to others. They prefer being behind the scene, working in consistent and predictable ways. They are often good listeners and avoid change and conflict

Conscientiousness: Concerned, Cautious & Correct. These people are often focused on details and quality. They plan ahead, constantly check for accuracy, and what to know "how" and "why".

My Results

Adaptive Behavior: S 24, C 24, I 12, D 40

Natural Behavior: S 30, C 25, I 19, D 27

Adaptive Behavior: S-50, C-42, I-0, D-8

Natural Behavior: S-34, C-30, I-18, D-18