Difference Between Type 5 Enneagram, and iNtuitioN | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Difference Between Type 5 Enneagram, and iNtuitioN

@Ginny, I think the basic difference between the 1 and 7 takes on idealism (1/7/4 are commonly associated with idealism in different ways) as I understand it is the 1's idealism seems to proceed more based on obligation/what the *correct* option to pick is to attain the idea, i.e. how things MUST be, whereas the 7 seems to see the ideal more in terms of "more more more"....how things COULD be so much more (hence why the 7 is head triad -- there's an anxiety on how to know when you're really supposed to be satisfied)....

To have both these in the tritype would just mean you relate to both points of view, but to have 1 as core means you see it as the one truly obligatory neurotic need, and I think growth to 7 occurs when you see yourself having a more rounded off take towards that neurotic need, focusing less on the obligatory correctness and more on the exploratory thing. in one case the fact that things could be better is a source of restless enthusiasm, in the other it's a nagging sense of 'have I really done what I need to/should"