[PUG] - Death Penalty / capital punishment | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Death Penalty / capital punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you agree then that, if we go for the 'setting an example'-effect, we should broadcast it live so everyone sees it?

I do think it should happen quickly, as magister stated it. I'd rather it be in only extreme cases, and death should be quick (rather than drug through appeals courts and taxpayer pockets). I don't like the idea of the death penalty or war or killing of any kind, but sometimes it has to be done. I wouldn't watch it if it were broadcast and I wouldn't want anyone under the age of 15 watching without a (wise) parent or guardian, but maybe it may happen someday. I could see it occurring.

We often take such a casual view of death - but maybe if we actually understood the finality of it we'd treat it with respect, rather than having a "video game" mentality about it.

I don't have enough faith in the legal system, one innocent person wrongfully put to death is one too many.

I am for capital punishment.

Compared to living in prison for life, Id rather be dead. Bear in mind I dont support the prison system either. The whole system needs a complete overhaul, but working with what we have right now I think the death penalty is better than life sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.