Death by Shopping | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Death by Shopping

...Stampedes at soccer matches, I hear, has happened in (other) countries quite frequently.

Last edited:
What the fuck is wrong with people? It's not like they were starving africans pushing for food aid, consumerism is fucked up!

The Herd Impulse. That's what happens :(

Human stampedes

The term stampede, also known as a crush or trampling, commonly describes a sudden rush of a crowd of people, usually resulting in many injuries and death from suffocation and trampling. Human stampedes most often occur during religious pilgrimages, professional sporting and music events. They also often occur in times of mass panic, as a result of a fire or explosion, as people try to get away.

The annual Muslim Hajj in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, which is attended by millions of pilgrims, has increasingly suffered from stampedes and other disasters even as authorities have constructed new walkways and instituted other traffic controls to prevent them.

In India, stampedes occur regularly during Hindu religious holidays. Called "temple crushes" by the local press, they are often caused by railings giving way as pilgrims climb steep hills to reach a temple. [1]

List of human stampedes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stampede

I can't do the math in my head, but at a glance, it looks like religion outpaces sporting events, entertainment events, and shopping in the competitive world of tragic insanity.

looking into the incidents in question, it looks like bad engineering and lack of emergency procedures are responsible for the most

I can't do the math in my head, but at a glance, it looks like religion outpaces sporting events, entertainment events, and shopping in the competitive world of tragic insanity.

certainly true.

looking into the incidents in question, it looks like bad engineering and lack of emergency procedures are responsible for the most

After having reviewed every case there, my above statement is correct.

I'd have every single person in that crowd who didn't stop, Arrested for murder, first degree. Death Sentence.

Assigning specific blame for this is troublesome. Those in front would know that the guy was knocked down and in danger of being trampled, but they would have been unable to stop without being trampled themselves, because those behind were unaware and still pushing. Those behind would only have found out that the man was down when they stepped on him, and of course then it was too late, and they still had to keep moving due to the people behind them.

Given the behavior of the crowd, it would seem that many did not care anyway, and were of the mentality conducive to outright murder; but there were probably some mixed in who were forced to step on the guy and were horrified by the outcome.

Man...I am happy I never need to buy Anything that is THAT demanded and also I sure as Hell wouldn't stand in a Crowd for like...Hours just to get it. Nothing is worth that. And as I already said what I want / need to buy is always in Stock so, yeah.
Sad tho. People getting so obsessed with Something that they trample a Guy. Very f'd. =/

See, stuff like this is why I stay away from TV news (even though I read it online every day). :(

No one needs anything, really. And those thing we think we need? Wait six months, then see if you really "need" it. Better yet, celebrate Christmas on January 6th.

*Sighs.* I feel for this man's family, and his friends as well.

I think of shopping, and I see me strolling past some small stores, looking at the stuff, stopping to read a book, sipping my tea (jasmine or earl greyer), and visiting the pet store.
I don't see why someone would be so obsessed with actually buying so much, though...
Still, why nuke america? Its a fun place to be, especially down here in the south, very pretty place.

I've got Nukes and I'm GOING!!! To use Them SOmEplaCe. It Might asWEll be There.

Okay, I'll admit it, I laughed shai.:m191: