Dear sensors... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Dear sensors...

Si is dangerous and melodramatic, more often delving me deep into haunting regrets and cringing shame than providing a solid reassurance for my existence.
my Si is heightened most intensely and uncontrollably during the rare occasions i sit down to play old scores on my piano. much of my childhood revolved around piano playing and so many intense memories are sewn through finger movements and memorization trains that are almost inseperable with the music itself.
Si always hits me hard when this happens as memories i don't consciously revisit are vividly experienced this way in an almost uncontrollable sense.

Reactions: Quinlan
Si is dangerous and melodramatic, more often delving me deep into haunting regrets and cringing shame than providing a solid reassurance for my existence.
my Si is heightened most intensely and uncontrollably during the rare occasions i sit down to play old scores on my piano. much of my childhood revolved around piano playing and so many intense memories are sewn through finger movements and memorization trains that are almost inseperable with the music itself.
Si always hits me hard when this happens as memories i don't consciously revisit are vividly experienced this way in an almost uncontrollable sense.

Hahahaha

I don't even remember most of my childhood, maybe it has to do with the order of my functions.

Not unexpected.

ESTP, no WAY is he an F, not possible at all (and I am not just saying that).

I thought he was an ESTP too, but I've seen him typed as an ESTJ too. Either way, I doubt he's a Feeler.

Former White House speechwriter David Frum's comments about George Bush suggest Bush demonstrates the traits of a thinking type:

• 'He is a tough-minded person. He is not always charming. He can be very brusque and dismissive.'
  • 'Well, Bush is not a sweetie in the way that Ronald Reagan was. I mean, he is a very tough and often quite acerbic person. He has a temper. I think that the part of his personality that is least understood is the strength of it.'
  • 'He was tart, not sweet. He's quick to anger. He is very skeptical of people. You can see when people talk to him and they say nice things to him, as they do to anyone who's president, that you can see how unimpressed by that he is. In fact, you could often see as someone would compliment him, that that person's stature in the president's eyes [was] dropping moment by moment by moment with every additional helping of whipped cream he tried to serve the president. He didn't seem to be someone who had a lot of illusions about human nature or a very high opinion of it.'
  • 'He was not a gentle taskmaster. People made mistakes. He got angry about it.'
Some people may 'type' Bush as a feeling type given Bush's friendliness, sociability, and willingness to share his feelings with others. Moreover, Bush promotes himself as a compassionate (feeling) conservative. Our impression, however, is that Bush's friendliness, willingness to share feelings, and so on reflect his extraversion preferences more so than feeling preferences; moreover, his theme of compassionate conservatism reflects more his evangelical beliefs than his psychological type preferences.

I kind of do the same thing. If I see one of those carousels hanging above a baby bed, spinning and playing music, I get this taste in my mouth. I know it sounds odd but it comes on so strong. Si works on me hardcore at times. I have a tendency to intensely remember how I thought when I was a child. If anything, that gives me hope. I feel nothing but positive feelings from it.

Se is a whole other deal though. :<

Yeah when I see an apple I start thinking about how the apple could be used in a scene in a movie or something like that.

I dunno doing that sort just looking at it sort of thing would be extremely uncomfortable to me.

And how does that sort of thing extend to analyzing ideas do you think? Thats what I really want to know.

When I see an apple, I think of the apple of Genesis, and how it represents choice and free will. It would take extreme mental gymnastics for me to think "That. Is. An. Apple."

Don't understand either. I'm only aware of the weather outside 8 hours later, when contemplating writing about it in my journal. Luckily, I have a good memory. My actual life takes place about 4-6 hours after the events in it happened. If my mind didn't digest it, it didn't happen yet.

It happens just the same with me. I don't how to explain it well but it's like I don't live the thing in the moment I only perceive what happened a long time later when I'm analyzing everything that happened. It's weird compared to other people. I tried to explain it to my INFP friend but she didn't get it. Good to know someone lives like this too.

So after reading this is it accurate to sum it up like this: "using Se is like not being so damn oblivious as to what's going on around you"?

EDIT: So basically what was said about the apple, the Se would go "oh, an apple" and then the Ni replies "huh, wait, what apple!?...oh".

"huh, wait, what apple!?...oh."

Sounds about right. I said almost the exact same sentence the other day only instead of apple I said envelope.

Once Upon A Time There Was An Apple.

When I see an apple, I closely inspect it see if a worm is living in it.
If I am hungry, and it has a worm in it, I eat all around the worm and try not to disturb the worm.
Then I find a secluded spot in which to leave what remains of the apple, containing the undisturbed worm, to continue believing that titanic forces are not at work around it, that are seriously threatening to it.
I walk away from the apple and the worm.
I forget about it, until now.

The End.

Your point about Si and recall in terms of physics and such was interesting. My dad is ISTJ and he's a physicist. Si is probably one of his strogner functions.

Se = touch it, taste it, smell it, hear it, see it.

I can't remember NOT using it, I have nothing to compare it to.

It's like when you see an apple and you think "that's an apple" and then you walk away.

Nice. NICE!

I'm interesed as well, because as many of you know, my Si, and Se are like non-exsistant.

Spill the beans Q, what's your secret! :spider:

But Si is ur second strongest trait.

I'm kinda weird and spacey. My Si and Se are almost non-existent. It's like nothing around me is really real. Thoughts ideas notions, those are more real to me. I see an apple and I hardly acknowledge its existence.

Reactions: bamf