Dating site help | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Dating site help

Nawh, what you said sounded reasonable.

Theres a matter of tolerance and realizing everyone is on their own path. If this person had continued to communicate with me after I explained I was not interested it would have been a different matter.

Theres a matter of tolerance and realizing everyone is on their own path. If this person had continued to communicate with me after I explained I was not interested it would have been a different matter.

Maybe, I still dont think there was anything wrong with what you posted.

If men on dating sites contact lesbians or bisexual women, as I've heard happens, when they have not requested that men contact them the case is obvious enough. Why apply a different rule?

Maybe, I still dont think there was anything wrong with what you posted.

If men on dating sites contact lesbians or bisexual women, as I've heard happens, when they have not requested that men contact them the case is obvious enough. Why apply a different rule?

I see your point.

I do enjoy the large amount of people contacting me on this dating site who though their profile indicates they live close to me have apparently for some inexplicable reason have recently moved to Ghana Africa....
This has been a funny experience.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] You and I have a lot of the same problems. What we need to remember is that our conflictor type is the ESFJ which also happens to be the most common type amoung woman. Its like 12% or something crazy like that. We have to accept early on that like 1 in 10 woman will be of this type which sucks for us.

I have fallen into the ESFJ trap. I was married to one. Not good at all. Being married to your conflictor type is bad.

With that aside I have joined a dating site. Not looking for sex or anything but for someone I can connect with on a mental level. I have been contacted by lot of woman but I've yet to reply to any of them as I feel they are all.lacking im something. I will be following this thread with an open mind would love to hear your feed back on the situation.

Last edited:
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] You and I have a lot of the same problems. What we need to remember is that our conflictor type is the ESFJ which also happens to be the most common type amoung woman. Its like 12% or something crazy like that. We have to accept early on that like 1 in 10 woman will be of this type which sucks for us.

I have fallen into the ESFJ trap. I was married to one. Not good at all. Being married tonyour conflictor type is bad.

With that aside I have joined a dating site. Not looking for sex or anything but for someone I can connect with on a mental level. I have been contacted by lot of woman but I've yet to reply to any of them as I feel they are all.lacking im something. I will be following this thread with an open mind would love to hear your feed back on the situation.

If you have been contacted a great deal you must be better at writing profiles than I am. I have garnered a large number of likes but little else. I have been contacted by enough profiles only to find they are fake profiles. If you are being bombarded with contacts thats great for you

Interesting. I read in the US the most common female type is ESFP. You're in Oz right? What's the dating culture like down there?

Have you tried a paying site? I know it's dishing out money, but it does suggest that someone is on there looking for something more than a hookup!

You could also put that in your profile- that you're serious about finding someone, not just a short term sex partner!

Have you tried a paying site? I know it's dishing out money, but it does suggest that someone is on there looking for something more than a hookup!

You could also put that in your profile- that you're serious about finding someone, not just a short term sex partner!
Thanks for the advice. I did try paying for a while when I had a bit more money. Nothing more came out of it with the possibility of perhaps a few less fake profiles. My intention has been made clear. Long term serious relationship etc...

If you have been contacted a great deal you must be better at writing profiles than I am. I have garnered a large number of likes but little else. I have been contacted by enough profiles only to find they are fake profiles. If you are being bombarded with contacts thats great for you

I have been bombarded witg replies but they are quantity over quality. A lot of them live over 100km away and that is over an hours drive in most cases which seems like a headache. Thus far I am yet to go on a single date. In my profile I have mentioned that I'm not intesested in hook ups and that I want to find someone I can connect with. I have been purely honest in my profile and have mentioned where I'm at where I'm going and what I want in life. For my perfect match I have described a person that is of Intuitive nature in a way that someone who does not understamd MBTI would understand.

Interesting. I read in the US the most common female type is ESFP. You're in Oz right? What's the dating culture like down there?

I would be happy to date an ESFP in socionics ESFP is my dual so I would be keen to try it out. In OZ I believe the most common female type is ESFJ which is my conflictor type. My ex wife was ESFJ and it didn't go well. My first two are the same as her 7th & 8th functions and vice versa so we ended up draining each other to death. Her cinstant routine way of luving with constant family events where I was expected to act a certian way was a nightmare. My constant need for privicy and alone time and need for learning was viewed as selfish to her. It was a match made in hell. I'm lucky enough to live in a place where 1 in 10 woman are of this type. This cancels out a big chunk of tge population.

Generally though the dating scene down here is as sucky as everywhere else. Australia does though have higher than average population of Ne dominates. Both of my parents and two of my siblings are Ne types though my brother might be ISTP in denial and not INTP.

I'd try OKcupid, their matching algorithm matches you based on question/answer similarity. I basically listed my outlook on life as an INFJ and motivations, and my likes. You might not get quantity, but quality is the goal here.

Christian Mingle uses a matching scheme based on "The People Code". Eharmony isn't as great as it used to be and it's expensive.